Dr. Martin Carr

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Martin Carr has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4797039

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond
RID: 2901877
08/10/13 5 5 5 5 Not only did I work side by side with Dr. Martin Carr M.D. for nearly 14 years, he was also a physician to my husband. I do not believe the rating from the patient in 2007 which stated he got poor treatment. Dr Carr "is" the one physician who listens when no one else will, and does not "write you off " as stated. Dr Carr goes above and beyond for all of his patients. I have witnessed this thousands of times. This physician is a genius and puts other physicians to shame for their lack of knowledge in all areas of medicine, not just in gastroenterology. I would not go to Western Medical Center even if my life depended upon it. The person writing the bad comment clearly was disgruntled and in much need of psychiatric care.
RID: 1077942
13/01/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Carr exemplifies what good healthcare can do. Since I began seeing Dr. Carr my health and attitude towards my life has completely changed for the better. If Dr. Carr is in a rush to get out the door, he shows no signs of it: he takes his time and does an extremely careful job of analyzing your whole health picture. If more physicians were like Dr. Carr hundreds more lives could be saved. Dr. Carr is a great example of what a role model Dr. should been and I applaud him and many other great physicians at St. Jude who have helped me over the years.
RID: 926740
01/07/09 4 4 5 5 I see lots of doctors due to a chronic illness & I have to say Dr. Carr has got to be the BEST doctor I've seen in my entire life! Dr. Carr is like an old school doctor, one that REALLY CARES about you! So many doctors have their hand on the door knob ready to run, but NOT Dr. Carr. He sits down next to you & makes GREAT eye contact so that you know he IS really listening. He will answer all your questions/concerns in language you can understand. He is such a pleasant, kind & caring gentleman…yet soft spoken & professional. Its been a long time since I’ve ran into a doctor that "really" cares about how I’m feeling & what’s bothering me. I just can’t say enough good things about this doctor. He is truly one of a kind. I was waiting to be rushed in & out like ALL my other doctors do to me but that did not happen. He will follow up & call you at home when needed. He also offered to take care of all my other health needs. Dr. Carr is the BEST, we NEED more like him!!!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 818400
07/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Carr is an outstanding doctor who cares and provides the necessary time needed for treating his patients.Dr.Carr examplifies what a true doctor - patient relationship should be. He is a credit to his profession and a fine gentleman.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 743639
14/12/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Carr is very unique in that he truly cares enough to spend time with his patients. Not only will he help you with your GI problems but he will take care of your whole help. When I first started seeing Dr. Carr in 2001 he kept in touch with me by phone to make sure that everything was okay. There are few doctors like Dr. Carr that truly care and they do not get compensanted for all the extra time they spend. Highly recommended.
RID: 593659
19/05/08 3 3 5 5 I went to two GI's, one at UCLA, and a GI in the same building as Dr. Carr's office, both who dismissed my complaints. Then I saw Dr. Carr, who was able to diagnose me, and found out my problem, a GI nerve condition. He is very knowledgable, and really listens to you. He is also very concerned about getting you well. I highly recommend this GI.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 518417
19/02/08 5 5 5 5 I have both stomach and intestinal problems. When I started going to Dr Carr I was very impressed with his throughness in identifing my problems and in his concern about how much pain I was in. He has had an excellent ongoing follow up program in which he has continuely fine tuned my medical treatment. Before I see him he has me fill out a questionare evaluateing how I have been between visits. He then spends time with me and takes the time to listen to what I have to say and discuss the questionare I filled out. He has even discussed other problems I have that are handled buy another Doctor. He has made my life livable again.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 429203

15/10/07 2 4 1 2 I was 18 & very ill. During office visits I had to bring my mother because I was so sick I could hardly stand. But instead of talking to me he would talk to my mother. He relied too heavily upon fallible tests instead of listening to his patient. All my tests were normal except one- I had B12 deficiency anemia. Despite that sign, instead of deepening the search for malabsorption problems he relied soley on his flawed tests and wrote me off as having psychological problems. Cut to 8 years of illness later when I am finally diagnosed with Celiac Disease by a GI who listened to me, never gave up, admitted when he didn't know the answer, & essentially gave me my life back because of it. On top of that I got a staph infection twice from the blood lab in Dr. Carr's building. Want a good GI who listens & a clean medical center in the OC? Don't see Dr. Carr or use St. Jude's. If you want the best see Dr. Carlos Saad at Western Med. He really knows his medicine & he'll treat you like family.
RID: 405453
17/09/07 5 5 5 5 First went to him in 98 after seeing others and he is the best not only in Orange county but anywhere...had to change a few years ago and he was also good but Dr Carr is very detailed and concerned about all his patients..
Insurance: Secure Horizons