Rate Dr. Philip Townsend

Dr. Philip Townsend's Ratings

I have been with Dr. Townsend for 25 years and now he cares for my whole family. We are very lucky. We can get same day appointments (ideal for young children) and he has never cancelled or missed an appointment. Marilyn is amazing - she handles all with a professional but friendly manner, and is helpful in getting input from Dr. Townsend when necessary. My husband used to see another doctor in town, and he cannot get over how great he is in comparison. If I am bringing in one of the kids and have a question about my health, he will answer it or recommend an appointment if it requires more time or an examination. When in doubt, he has always referred me to a specialist. Yes, the office is a little dated, but I would rather spend 5 minutes in that office than 2-3 hours waiting in a sterile clinic among sick patients. I think there is a reason so many people have been with him for so long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2437776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Townsend is pleasant and likes to listen but that's about it... His diagnostic skills are poor and he doesn't followup. To make it worse - he has very little usage for specialized tests, as if we were in the 19th century. I think medicine may not be his strong interest. He is good if you see him for the common cold, but with something more serious - better go to the Walk In clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

He is an excellent doctor and is very knowledgeable. He takes all issues seriously, is a great listener and will refer as required to get things checked out. I never have to wait in the waiting room. He looks after our whole family and I trust him fully to do what is right. I feel so lucky to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Dr.Townsend is excellent. He is very knowledgeable and always reliable. He actually listens to his patients.He cares about the overall health of the patient and not just a specific complaint. My favourite attribute of Dr. Townsend is that he takes his time with patients who require it. His receptionist,Marilyn is always helpful and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

Dr Townsend listens and if he doesn't have the answer he says so and will refer you to another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

A doctor with the human touch. I found Dr T. very personable a good listener.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr.T for almost 20 yrs. I'm from the east coast and really love the friendlyness he supplies. I have noticed over time that the amount of time spent with patients has been cut down. Oh and lets not forget his back up Dr. Taron. She is wonderful. I am very lucky to have a family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

professional, up to date and knowledgeable, I feel fortunate to have him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

Dr. Townsend has always provided me with excellent care. He takes my issues seriously and is very approachable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2010

Dr.T is very knowlegable but unfortunately won`t give me more than 5-6 min`s each time I visit him - often not leaving me enough time to fully describe my health issues. However, I do appreciate that he can squeeze an appointment in on short notice. As well, I found his receptionist (Marilyn I think) to be top notch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1003337].votes_count ]]