Rate Dr. Eduard Eksteen

Dr. Eduard Eksteen's Ratings

I think he is a lovely doctor but would like to actually see him and not his nurse practitioner. I feel like we only see him for a brief second at the end of the appointment. Its very disappointing considering you wait 3-4 months for these appointments. I have seen him once without the practitioner and every appointment sincr has been with her.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr. Eckstein speaks to my son directly. He involves my son in his own healthcare. Taking the extra time to do this has built strong self-advocacy in my son. I appreciate his expertise and kind, gentle manner in caring for my children. Dr. Eckstein is the best pediatriac ENT in Edmonton. I am also a health professional and Dr. Ecktstein's excellent bedside manner cannot be overstated.

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag

Dr Eksteen performed a surgery for my daughter that is rarely ever done and managed to get my daughter out alive and breathing. He did surgery on her immediately after he managed to stabilize her while she was still inside me. This man is a true miracle worker and you could never ask for someone more compassionate and warm hearted than him. He even included his associate Dr. Uwiera in the process so that others may learn how to do it and assist in helping my daughter in the event that something happens and he is not able to make it in time. He really thinks about others and puts them first. I could never ask for a better ENT to follow my daughters health and progress. His work was precise and perfecct to the point of being unrecognizable. I can't say enough about him and am so very thankful for his dedication to his craft.

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

I loved Dr. Ekesteen.I was very skeptical about surgery as I believe mostly in alternative measures, but having a sleepstudy took that decision out of my hands.My son underwent a tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy shortly after he turned 2.He can actually breathe now!I am very happy we had Dr. Ekesteen, he is awesome,very impressed with him,he obviously loves children.I was however unhappy with the anethetist who anethetized my son, she was terrible,a resident, which I didn't know until later and she couldnt get an I.V. on my son which caused alot of trauma for him prior to going into surgery.I dont unfortunately know her name, my reccomendation would be to ask who your anethetist is and request a talented one. Why should children have to go thru extra pain and fright when they already are suffering thru a surgery.I know it wasn't my sons veins as he had dental surgery just a few months before and the anethetist, (Dr. Sam Stetsko) was amazing, he had him out quick and my son didnt even notice

Submitted Dec. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Eksteen is SO amazing! He has great bedside manner and truly shows he cares for the child and the parents going through the surgery! He is professional and skilled and my son just LOVES him!!! Very confident in the care he has provided our son!

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

This doctor was amazing. Wonderful bedside manner and great with our partially deaf 2 year old daughter. I wish there were more doctors like him around!!

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

This doctor is the best my son has seen yet. I wish there were more doctors like him.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

Very good with children and very good at his work. Is always very friendly and polite.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

He is the best...He saved my daughters life....he is amazing!!!!

Submitted Aug. 7, 2011 | flag

All I can say is he is an incredible Doctor! Wouldn't trade him for any other. Really knows his stuff! Great with parents and kids! Worked well with our high conflict situation. Appreciate him very much!

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag