You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert J. Zehr

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's Ratings

At my age 89 Dr Zehr did a new right knee for me. Needless to say I was somewhat afraid because of my age and health. I had utmost confidence in Dr. Zehr and the resulting surgery and therapy did the positive trick for me with positive results.His positive Surgical skills and follow through are top drawer. And at my age 96 we enjoy seeing him annually. My new knee is perfect. Thanks, Dr Zehr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We enjoy seeing you too! Congratulations on a successful outcome - you did a great deal of work to achieve it!

Submitted April 30, 2015

Friendly, courteous staff. Well organized office that was respectful of my time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Very efficient staff. They put me back in the action!! Excellent service, medical attention and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thanks so very much. We are thrilled to hear you are back in action!

Submitted April 15, 2015

My wife & I walked a distance of 2 miles daily. A few years ago I began developing a problem with my right hip, which over a period of time began limiting my activities around the house, and in particular restricting our daily walking routine. Approaching the age of 84 I was very reluctant in having to endure any type of operations being performed on myself. I discussed my problem with many friends and family members, some of whom experienced hip replacements of their own, and in spite of some complications they reported, I nevertheless pondered whether I should chance an operation or not. Fortunately in todays time we are blessed with the age of computers. I took it upon myself to research as much information as possible on the computer about hip replacement methods, and was fortunate enough to find some sites showing hip operation videos. I discovered there were two types of operation, anterior and posterior, both of which were somewhat appalling to some of my family members when viewing the videos. During this time I was also under surveillance by the VA clinic here in Ft. Myers and soliciting their thoughts on having an operation or not.

As my walking abilities deteriorated, I finally made a decision to having an operation performed, and preferably the anterior approach method. The VA had already informed me that should I decide upon having an operation performed that the most important aspect would be that of finding a good reliable and experienced doctor for doing the operation. I then proceeded in researching the various doctors and clinics in the Ft. Myers area. Although I found very few doctors in this area performing the anterior approach, I then began researching my summer retreat area of Washington State. After researching all the doctors and clinics available to me and reading the many reviews both positive and negative concerning them, I discovered that Dr. Robert Zehr stood out head and shoulder above all others, and finally decided upon contacting him for the operation.

From the very beginning to the final end I experienced nothing but the greatest of care and concern from everyone throughout from the initial visit, to and through the operation, as well as the post operative care. I am happy to report that as of today, almost a year since my operation on 30 April 2014, I am able to walk and do any and all activities without restrictions of any kind. The one and only after effects I have experienced since the operation is a slight numbness and tingling sensation when touched with my hand in the thigh area just above my right knee. This possibility had been pointed out to me and discussed in detail by Dr. Zehr on my initial visit.

Finally, Dr. Zehr, thank you and your staff very much for making me whole once again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
You are most welcome! We are grateful to all of our patients who take the time to write reviews about their experience. It helps so many other people make critical decisions regarding surgery, as it did you. Congratulations on your great outcome - we know you played a large part in your own success by doing the physical therapy afterward.

Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Zehr has replaced 2 knees for me -- the first 8 years ago, and the second 7 weeks ago. He is a first-class surgeon, and his staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The booklet he gives you telling what to expect before, during, and after surgery is an invaluable resource. In my pre-op physical it was recommended I get a heart scan, and Dr. Zehr's office got me an immediate appointment so the knee surgery could continue as scheduled. Any questions I had were answered promptly and I felt cared for and valued. Although there are many joint replacement surgeons in Naples, I feel privileged that I chose Dr. Zehr and his team to take care of me, and I would totally recommend them. Because I had an outstanding surgeon and an excellent physical therapist (Mark Johnson of Naples Physical Therapy) I am well on my way to a full recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are so glad to hear about your speedy recovery. And yes, you ARE valued and cared for!

Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Zehr is top notched with this hip surgery. The procedure was done in a day, and I was home the following day. Take his recommendation, if the hip need replaced, do it. Don't procrastinate. The quicker you do it, the quicker you return to a less pain filled life. The whole secret is to follow his directions, get off of the pain medication and do physical therapy plus WALK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
How right you are - you must do the work of physical therapy. It's not easy but it's critical. Congratulations on your progress.

Submitted March 11, 2015

The only addition I would add to his WONDERFUL guide book is the caution to raise your legs above the heart post surgically to reduce swelling. Once I did that, everything got easier. Thanks for a great service beginning to end!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Good advice! We're so glad you had a successful outcome.

Submitted March 11, 2015

I cant say enough about how GREAT the staff, facilities, processes and Doctor Zehr all worked together to replace both of my hips over a 3 month period. Everyone at Zehr was helpful, the facility was great looking and spotless, and they led me thru the whole process with an instruction binder and answering questions to the fullest.

They never balked at helping me in any way possible.

I interviewed 4 DRs and I chose Dr Zehr and his staff. I am very pleased i did.

If you need Ortho treatment....this is place for results!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are pleased too! Thank you for your insight, we are glad to know the pre-surgery education was appreciated!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Dr. Zehr and his staff an 11. As a result of their skill, professionalism and care, I am pain-free and able to be fully active again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2684875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are so glad to hear that! (And we love your math!)

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

If my left hip ever needs to be replaced I would absolutely go to Doctor Zehr. He and his staff make it almost easy to correct what was a very painful right hip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2678074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
And if your left hip ever needs replacing we would be honored to correct that for you as well, "because living with pain isn't really living!"