Rate Dr. Robert J. Zehr

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's Ratings

I had Knee Surgery in 2012. I suppose Dr Zehr did a technically competent joint replacement but his follow up and pain management techniques were sorely lacking . He did not drain the rapid build-up of fluid in the knee until it got critical, then it had turned into a gel and could not be drained. He would not prescribe a constant motion machine to keep the knee moving for whatever time I was in bed the first two weeks after surgery _ he does not believe in them and thinks that pateints become too dependent on them rather than the physical therapy. However, the first week I he only had a in-home therapist come in a couple of times. I tried to keep moving on my own but strongly believe the constant movement machine would have helped reduce the scar tissue that formed around the wound. It took me 5 months to recover from the surgery and get rid of most of the pain. I will choose a different doctor in the future

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Merci docteur Zehr je dois venir de loin (France) pour mon annuel chek... merci de votre patience, et de toujours avoir un sourire... touts les commentaires au dessous sont corrects... merci docteur

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I am a woman in my late sixties, suffering the effects of joint injuries from an automobile accident more than a decade ago. At this point, I have had three joint replacements with Dr. Zehr, and I would not have any other doctor. The results have been excellent; the care provided top-notch. A month ago, I had my left knee replaced (previously a hip replacement and my right knee replaced). The results have been truly amazing, from immediate post surgery capability to the rapid regaining of flexibility and range of motion. Altogether, I could not ask for better results - results that will allow me to continue an active and rich lifestyle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I am 51 years old. I had been athletic my entire life, 4 years ago I started having hip and groin pain when I was walking. I thought that it was muscular in nature. Over the course of 4 years I was seen by 2 Chiropractors, a PT and a Massage Therapist. I live about 3.5 hours from the Zehr Center. The pain became intolerable so I finally went to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. A simple x-ray showed my left hip was completely lacking any cushion and I was grinding bone on bone. I had planned on having a posterior hip replacement but another surgeon had suggested checking out the anterior approach. I was fortunate to find Dr Zehr. His experience and surgical skills are second to none. I met with him and he explained my options. I decided on the anterior hip replacement. He then explained the procedure, from A to Z including expectations before during and after the procedure. I had my surgery on July 8th 2014. I arrived at the hospital at 6am and was taken in to be prepped. I awoke from surgery and was shocked to find out how good I felt. An hour after I awoke in recover I was given a walker and was able to walk to the bathroom unassisted. I stayed for the night. In the morning I was able to walk unassisted with the walker making laps around 3 different nursing stations. Dr Zehr saw me and told me I could lose the walker but to use the cane. He also allowed me to go home the next morning. 24 hours from start to finish I was walking unassisted out of the hospital neither needing the walker or the cane (during morning rounds Dr Zehr told me I could lose the cane). I actually carried both out of the hospital with me. 10 days later I saw Dr Zehr who told me I no longer needed to be monitored by a relative. I drove home 3.5 hours and was able to go back to the gym and use an elliptical machine for an hour at level 13. Again I have worked out my entire life, have great pain tolerance and am 51. Your results may not be exactly like mine but there were other patients of Dr Zehrs in my rehab sessions in the hospital in their 70ties who went home in the same time parameter as I did. Another interesting thing happened. Prior to the hip surgery I was always going to the Chiropractor for adjustments because my back would go out. After the surgery my hips are so perfectly aligned that I no longer have lower back pain since the surgery. If you are considering hip or knee replacement I highly recommend Dr. Zehr. He doesn't pull punches, tells you like it is and will tell you exactly what you can expect from your surgery. Again don't put it off. I am so happy that I went through with this surgery. For me it has restored me to be able to do 100% of the things I love to do pain free. Don't wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

Dr. Zehr and his team of professionals provided excellent health care. I had a total hip replacement and it was a great success. Dr. Zehr used the anterior approach and I was up and walking without support within 10 days of the procedure. The experience was thoroughly positive from the first office visit through the post-surgical follow-ups.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

Dr. Zehr met and exceeded all my expectations. I was up and walking with a new hip 4 hours after surgery and in PT in the hospital in another hour. I walked out of the hospital on a cane on day 3, stopped using the cane on day 6, was driving and back in the pool on day 9. I am still doing follow up PT for further strengthening. An excellent surgeon and staff and the Physician’s Regional Hospital on Pineridge was great. I can't say more. Anyone with hip pain should run (or walk/limp) to Dr. Zehrs's office so he and Julie and Karla will change your life. This new Direct Anterior procedure with a small 3-4 inch incision is the only way to have a hip replaced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

He is the best! No pain, exercising 3-4 x's a week. Have a normal life for 1st time in years! His method is best and I saw other people who used different surgeons when I was in hospital and they were in a lot of pain. I have a very small scar and was back to work in 9 days!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I am 100% pleased with Dr. Zehr and his entire staff. The staff was helpful, cheerful, and answered all my questions. Dr. Zehr took the time to "talk" to me about my knee both pre and post surgery. I never felt like I was being rushed out the door or that Dr. Zehr was is a hurry to get to his next patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2012

For a surgeon he is conservative and in no hurry to do surgery. takes lots of time with you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Dr. Zehr and his staff are highly trained professionals specializing in the treatment of hip and knee disorders, especially joint replacement due to osteoarthritis. These are excellent practitioners and I would rate them highly. I had total right hip joint replacement and after 2 months I'm out of physical therapy, walking normally and with no pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1005107].votes_count ]]