Rate Dr. Michel Gallant

Dr. Michel Gallant's Ratings

Did not have any procedure done by Dr. Gallant but still want to share my experience. I had a consultation for a breast reduction. He was over 50 minutes late at an early appointment time. Had to go question the staff at the reception to see if he was going to see me soon. Had to wait another 10 minutes to be told he was in his office and would see me shortly (wait another 10 minutes). The consultation was one of the worst experience of my life. He asked me the reasons why I wanted breast reduction and then proceded to tell me how woman were paying to have breast like mine. Doubted my answer on not having any more babies. Told me I would Not be covered by ohip for the surgery because there was not enough to take off,before doing the mesurements. Then told me the price of the surgery and the time he could book me. That was january 2013. We are now july 2014, just had the surgery done by another plastic surgeon and covered by Ohip. Still tear up when I think of this horrible day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2345974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Saw Dr. Gallant to surgically remove a malignant growth behind my ear. Initial visit was to see the problem and explain the procedure. The next meeting was at the hospital where he removed the growth in an efficient and informative manner. After the surgery healed, saw him in a follow-up visit where he examined the affected area and gave me a brief but informative consult. He is a fairly young man with a surgical talent, and I would recommend this surgeon to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

Dr. Gallant was very kind. He was informative about what had taken place and what would happen to the area he had worked on. Thank You Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

I had an abdominoplasty and liposuction to remove the excess skin and fat around my waist left over after my three pregnancies. His office is very nice and his staff are very helpful. Dr. Gallant provided very good explanation on what to expect after surgery. I am very satisfied with the results and you can barely see the scar. Thank you very much Dr. Gallant. I will be back next year for my breasts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

His practice partner, dr. nodwell, convinced me that instead of two expanders, I would "save an operation another woman could use" by instead, doing a skin sparing operation on my prophylactic breast. To my shock, he went on a two week holiday to the caribbean at a critical time. The skin sparing prophy side got horribly infected and is leaking silicone down my front. He had me see dr. Gallant, who halved my antibiotics without telling me in person. So now I am pouring silicone out the prophy side and nought to do for a week or so til dr. nodwell returns. when i phoned dr. gallant to try to get a second appt with him he instructed his secretary to tell me if i have any further problems I am to "go to emergency". The emergency room is a waste of time as no doctor will take out the implant of another doctor as they have a code among surgeons to never interfere with another surgeon's patient. A code much more sacred than the one they swore upon graduation, I suppose.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

Dr. Gallant did exellent breast reconstruction surgery for my mother.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I had a small cyst removed beside my nose near my eye. Dr. Gallant was very meticulous & took his time to remove the facial cyst. He performed an amazing surgery since there was no scar & no visible line after. This was unbelievable! I recommend him without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

After hormone treatment I had developed significant breasts following prostate surgery. Dr Gallant performed a double mastectomy which allowed me to overcome embarrassement and feel more like the man I used to be. He may not be warm and fuzzy enough for some but he was sensitive to my situation, provided excellent pre and post op care and information and I am very happy with the results and rate him highly as a medical professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I had skin cancer on my nose which required more surgery than originally anticipated. There was reconstruction and grafting done and I am amazed at the results. Nobody else actually notices anything was done until I point it out. Dr. Gallant's knowledge, skill and demeanor made me feel confident in his abilities and his attention to detail, in my opinion, made all the difference in the final result. All the cancer is gone and my nose looks great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I had Breast implants done after having Breast Cancer. He did a wonderful job. I am very happy with the out come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351124].votes_count ]]