Rate Dr. Sharadh Sampath

Dr. Sharadh Sampath's Ratings

Dr Sampath was amazing! He is very competent and intelligent, but his bedside manner was fantastic. He made me feel totally at ease when I was nervous. And he really just has a great sense of humor and personality...which most surgeons seem to be lacking. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Dr. Sampath was rude and inconsiderate to both me and my family. The wait times in his small crowded office were unreasonable, one of his receptionists was extremely rude (to me, to other patients in the office, and over the phone to other patients). Being in his waiting room was torture. I cannot believe that he allowed that awful receptionist to speak to people the way she did, and so loudly too. Three times his staff forgot to send in referrals for me, which delayed the entire process by months. The first time I met him, he had seemed so nice and kind, and was clear in describing the process for weight loss surgery. Then, each time I saw him after that, he had changed the process, or made changes to the requirements for surgery, which left me jumping through hoop after hoop to no avail. No matter what I did, I couldn't meet his ever-changing requirements. I kept food journals, lost weight, saw every single doctor and specialist to which he referred me, but it was all a waste of money and time. When the Ultrasound that I'd had done per his referral came back to show a large cyst, he did not call me at home, but instead waiting until my next appointment with him in Vancouver. We took the ferry, waited in his waiting room for an hour, and then when I got into the exam room he asked me to schedule my next appointment after the surgery to remove the cyst. HE MADE ME COME ALL THE WAY TO VANCOUVER TO TELL ME TO GO HOME AND COME BACK LATER. What an inconsiderate prick.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Dr. Sampath was excellent. Great results on the surgery and excellent bedside manner. He made time for me in his very busy schedule and made me feel like I could always come to him with questions. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

My opinion of Dr Sampath is really bad being one of the few doctors who does bariatric surgeries in vancouver he thinks he has the power to be rude and hurtfull

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

I give this man a 10 out of 10 for the wonderful way he handled me and my surgery I will recommend him to anybody looking for the type of service he provides.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr Sampath was on call the night my mom went in with appendicitis. Met him at the hospital and in his office. He was so kind caring respectful and compassionate. Nothing negative to say about this dr, he treated my mom like she was his own mother! It was a pleasure to meet him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

When I first was sent to Dr. Sampath He was kind and I would definitely trust his judgement. I had surgery for a spleneic cyst that had started to rapidly grow; although I felt it took to long to get me in, it was worth the wait. Surgery went well and I was able to leave the hospital early. Unfortunately the cyst grew back and because it was maintaining size he would not risk operating again, I respect that decision though now that it is growing I hope he will reconsider. I would definitely recommend him 100%

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

Dr. Sampath was wonderful. Very professional, yet extremely approachable and engaging with his patients. He has a good sense of humour, delivering just the right amount for the situation. Like the previous poster i too found the receptionist had a terse way of communicating with callers and that inself does not help to put you at ease while waiting nor does it illicit a good impression of the office. Fortunately the experience with the doctor quickly counteracts that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2012

Although I didn't warm to his personality the way others seem to have, I would not hesitate to recommend him as a surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and my surgery went well. He is highly regarded in the medical community in my city, and I had no problems with his care at all. I rated the office staff as a 3 for a couple of reasons. I overheard at least 2 of them being very terse and condescending to callers on the phone, which is quite noticeable as the waiting area is very small. I also had an appointment scheduling mixup due to being given conflicting info by 2 of the office staff, which one of them tried to blame on me. I found this quite unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][351572].votes_count ]]