Rate Dr. Steven Helper

Dr. Steven Helper's Ratings

Referred to Dr. Helper to obtain a diagnosis for a back seizure and immobility of my spine. After providing him with an explanation of my problem and concerns, he gave me an examination and clearly reviewed my options and steps. He was very patient and asked questions to get a complete picture of the situation. He made me feel very comfortable. Once the tests were completed Dr. Helper received the results quickly to review with me. He explained my results in detailed and was very thorough. I was impressed with his knowledge and proposed solutions. He was very helpful in aiding me to over come my pain and provided with a better understanding of my issues and how to deal with it on an ongoing basis. I would recommend this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Helper was very professional and incredibly helpful. He went through my back issue in full detail. He explained the possible procedures, risks and strengths to everything. I left there feeling I had all my options presented to me in a clear way. I was given the option to have injections done with his services but he recommended other options. He did not try and sell himself or his services, rather he gave me the various possibilities and options for me to weigh on my own. I appreciated his honesty. Not sure how people could talk so negatively about him. He spent a great deal of time with me and gave me one of the greater doctor/patient interactions I've every had. I would highly recommend Dr. Helper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Very good doctor who took the time to gather reports and Maris from 25 years of back pain. Compiled a thorough and detailed report that makes it easy to see other specialists (physio/chiro/etc...) and know they have the full story of a complicated back. He was clear with the options (surgery or other, various injections) and whether or not they would be effective. Sometimes you have to try something to see if that is the true source of the pain (injections). I will take arrogant/confident over nurturing any day. He is there to scientifically solve a problem. I have seen every top back specialist in the city as I have fractured my spine, slipped discs, spondelothesis (sp.), degenerative discs and arthritis and can tell you it's worth the money to get it dealt with now and pay than wait months and months and get bumped around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Completely a rip off Dr. Took my money, read my MRI, and told me nothing. My GP for free was more informative. Do not go see the guy as he is not worth the money as he did nothing for me and looking at the reviews this seems like a very consistent theme. Very arrogant, you need to go back to patient care "doctor"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Before meeting Dr. Helper, I wasn't even able to put my shoes on or sneez without pain and classified as disabled for my work (high physical demand). Now after my procedure I feel like signing up for a marathon and looking forward to the flu/sneez season. I feel great thanks to Dr. Helper and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

Dr.Helper is an amazing doctor,he injected my back a while ago and I was back to work in a month. It has been 6 years and never been better. He is God to me as I didn't have to do anything else. I would highly recommend him..He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Dr. Helper seemed to be more preoccupied with upselling me to expensive injections than listening to my account of my painful spinal issues. I find the encounter frustrating and distressing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Arrogant and apparently only interested in making money: I went to see Dr. Helper who basically just interpreted my MRI and charged me $800 for the privilege of doing so: my GP had already done so for free! He recommended a course of injections that my GP told me were against standard medical practice and wanted to charge me $1000 for each injection. I regard my visit to this man as a complete waste of time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Arrogant, and assumed many things. Seems to be very full of himself... yeah you're a young doctor/specialist.. great, get over it and do your job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353692].votes_count ]]