Rate Dr. Steven Helper

Dr. Steven Helper's Ratings

I highly recommend Dr Helper. I am an out of province patient and have seen him twice while in Vancouver . He and his staff are very professional, friendly and helpful. He listened to my concerns and didn’t discredit anything I said. He is very thorough, answered all of my questions and never rushed me. He has shown a real interest in my recovery and coordinated follow up therapy with other healthcare providers where I live.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Dr. Helper gave me straight answers and compassionately explained things that I had trouble understanding. The money I paid to see him was a bargain. His assistant treated me and my family like welcome guests. My experience was five star from the very first phone call. It's refreshing to receive care from providers that are happy to meet with you! I highly recommend Dr. Helper!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr. Helper was very responsive and helpful. He has taken a keen interest in my progress and has been incredible instrumental in helping me get better. I injured three discs and was in severe pain. He was patient and kind, and did not suggest any unnecessary procedures. In two weeks, I have gotten much better. As he often said, we treat the patient, not the MRI. Dr. Helper was true to his word.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Very personable, knowledgeable and competent doctor who made me feel comfortable from the beginning. Dr. Helper never denied my pain, nor did he promise the sun and the moon. He and his staff were friendly and efficient. I understand that some people in chronic pain can be short tempered and impatient, but, given my experience there, I cannot understand anybody not recommending this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Referred to Dr. Helper to obtain a diagnosis for a back seizure and immobility of my spine. After providing him with an explanation of my problem and concerns, he gave me an examination and clearly reviewed my options and steps. He was very patient and asked questions to get a complete picture of the situation. He made me feel very comfortable. Once the tests were completed Dr. Helper received the results quickly to review with me. He explained my results in detailed and was very thorough. I was impressed with his knowledge and proposed solutions. He was very helpful in aiding me to over come my pain and provided with a better understanding of my issues and how to deal with it on an ongoing basis. I would recommend this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Helper was very professional and incredibly helpful. He went through my back issue in full detail. He explained the possible procedures, risks and strengths to everything. I left there feeling I had all my options presented to me in a clear way. I was given the option to have injections done with his services but he recommended other options. He did not try and sell himself or his services, rather he gave me the various possibilities and options for me to weigh on my own. I appreciated his honesty. Not sure how people could talk so negatively about him. He spent a great deal of time with me and gave me one of the greater doctor/patient interactions I've every had. I would highly recommend Dr. Helper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Very good doctor who took the time to gather reports and Maris from 25 years of back pain. Compiled a thorough and detailed report that makes it easy to see other specialists (physio/chiro/etc...) and know they have the full story of a complicated back. He was clear with the options (surgery or other, various injections) and whether or not they would be effective. Sometimes you have to try something to see if that is the true source of the pain (injections). I will take arrogant/confident over nurturing any day. He is there to scientifically solve a problem. I have seen every top back specialist in the city as I have fractured my spine, slipped discs, spondelothesis (sp.), degenerative discs and arthritis and can tell you it's worth the money to get it dealt with now and pay than wait months and months and get bumped around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Completely a rip off Dr. Took my money, read my MRI, and told me nothing. My GP for free was more informative. Do not go see the guy as he is not worth the money as he did nothing for me and looking at the reviews this seems like a very consistent theme. Very arrogant, you need to go back to patient care "doctor"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Before meeting Dr. Helper, I wasn't even able to put my shoes on or sneez without pain and classified as disabled for my work (high physical demand). Now after my procedure I feel like signing up for a marathon and looking forward to the flu/sneez season. I feel great thanks to Dr. Helper and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][353684].votes_count ]]