Rate Dr. Donald G. Gordon

Dr. Donald G. Gordon's Ratings

Thought about switching gastros but didn't know who to go to but the high recommendations of Dr. Gordon proved to be true. Had an informative and long visit with the doctor. Feel my issues were being addressed and I am confident I had made the correct choice. This is how all doctors should practice today. Dr. Gordon should give lessons to his collegues .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2627363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

My family has a history of IBD (Crohn's and UC), so when I was diagnosed by a doctor in Milford CT (Where I live) with UC, and when I found I was having a terrible experience with that doctor in Milford, I asked my mother who she sees. She highly recommended Dr. Gordon, and while I was also hesitant to drive almost an hour to see him, she so highly recommended him and I was in such pain that I scheduled the appointment.
I had started to find myself in an extremely severe flare up, and his office was beyond helpful in getting me an appointment as soon as possible, calling me if there was a cancellation and being so willing to help me be seen ASAP.
Of the actual visit: Doctor Gordon himself was absolutely the best. He was very helpful in explaining my condition to me. My previous GE had performed a Colonoscopy and hadn't discussed the results of that procedure with me at my follow-up appointment with her, so Dr. Gordon took my previous GE's notes and helped me understand where my individual disease was located, how severe it was, performed in office testing, laid out a detailed game-plan for the coming days, and was truly compassionate and honestly empathetic of the fear and pain I was experiencing in midst of this severe flare.
Eight days into this flare-up, and two days into Dr. Gordon's treatment, his treatment is absolutely spot on, medications are working very well, and his office has been extremely helpful in following up with me.

The ONLY reason I give his staff 3 stars, is because I worked as a medical assistant and technician, and one of the nurses and one of the secretaries were cold. His other staff were very helpful, but these two, in my opinion, do not represent his practice well. I would highly recommend Dr. Gordon as he is a wonderful GE, and I hope anyone considering seeing him will not judge the practice by the coldness of one or two staff members. Everyone else there was absolutely great, and has been following up with my treatment and been very kind and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

My wife was intially hesitant to drive from Ridgefield to Newtown just to see a doctor. She was happy with the care she was given at the hospital and decided that a second opinion was in order. After perusing the evaluations on line, we couldn't have been happier . After a half hour evaluation (had the tests sent before the visit) and a discussion of the possibilities a game plan was instituted to our satisfaction that finally we met a doctor of this quality. Can't recommend him enough. In office testing was a plus with testing started the same day of our visit. At least my wife feels she has somebody that will listen to her complaints and take action.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. Gordon is the best, very knowledgeable and selects correct treatments and meds.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2601051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gordon for many years. He has been treating me for hepatitis B as well as a GI bleed. He has always been up to date with the last treatments and I have now been cleared of the hep B virus, I have never waited to be seen in the office for more than 10 minutes. Scheduling and having my most recent colonoscopy was easy (accept for the prep yuck). He also took care of internal hemorrhoids painlessly right in the office. He talked to me not a computer. I highly rcommend Dr. Gordon and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2597711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Horrible patients info is out in the open. The staff is rude and Obviously has no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to this office never mind my family!! The state of CT will be investigating this circus of a medical office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596268].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

One of the nurses treated my father so poorly. She was so rude to the point where he never wants to go there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588068].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gordon for over 25 years. He has taken care of numerous problems. Recently had an intestinal infection that caused gas bloating. I thought what I was feeling was normal. I learned it was not and it was treated and fixed, which required two weeks of antibiotics followed by 3 months of probiotics, which MUST be taken to prevent recurrence. In addition he took care of 4 hemmhoroids, 3 of which I didn't even know I had. He knows what he is doing.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2572515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

No waiting. which was quite different than the other places I have been. The doctor spent time with me and the nurse reviewed the visit with me as well. Like the old days in medicine I felt I was treated.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2559873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I agree this is the place to go. The doctor took his time ( no computer in the room), looked at me instead of a laptop, and listened instead of typed. I felt his attention was on me totally and not on any time limit. I answered all his questions and he discussed the differential diagnosis with me. WE came up with a plan of action that satisfied BOTH of us. Great experience with a delightful doctor. Good sense of humor too. Not so bad looking either!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556215].votes_count ]]