Rate Dr. Donald G. Gordon

Dr. Donald G. Gordon's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I could not have had a better experience. This doctor was just a great guy. Figured out was was wrong with a few tests that hadn't been done. Not arrogance just great. No endoscopy which was what all others wanted to do. Can't recommend this guy enough. Agree with everyone that this is the place to go. The PA is great and the staff are wonderful. I did find out that in the transition from Danbury some things administratively needed to be worked out now no problems. Excellent overall experience.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I've never seen a more disorganized, inefficient office. With 4 people at the desk, walking around with papers & shuffling patients from one waiting area to another, it's unclear where to sign in, where to wait, & whom can help. In one appt with Dr. Gordon, I waited 45 mins in the 1st area, & then 15 before he saw me (for 10 mins). After confirming I had no symptoms of the ailment suggested by test results, he insisted I do have the ailment & sent me for more tests. The 2nd test was in the office. 3 patients were taking the same test at the same time (I've heard/read that Dr. Gordon prescribes unnecessary tests). Then, there was an issue with the Rx I was prescribed. The pharmacy tried contacting the Dr., but the call was not returned. Then I called. 3x, the phone was picked up, hung up, then went to vm. I got through twice. Each time was like a new request, asking for the same info. 3 days, & still no Rx. The PA is knowledgeable & helpful, but the hassles & the Dr. are not worth it.

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag

I was born with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the type that they classify as D, for Diarrhea. Good chunk of my life i was on 2 different meds and while they tried to control the quantity, they really did nothing to help. I was at wits end, depression, high stress and even signed up for SSI and SS. I was gonna give it one more shot, went and saw that Dr. Gordon was highly approved, him and his staff.. So i figured, what the heck, give him a try... I gave him and his staff about 45 days worth of tests and trouble shooting and with his help, staffs help and meds, I have finally found relief.. With all the meds and tests i was on, we were approved to try a new drug for this treatment. Remember this medication, LOTRONEX. I suggest anyone with this illness to try this new drug, it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.. I am seeing this first hand and It has me now where i have a chance in doing what i enjoy in life.. Thanks to the Doctor and Staff..You Folks ROCK..!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr Gordon for over 30 years. He recently relocated to Newtown CT. I went for a follow up visit, his front desk staff was very busy so I took a seat. They failed to call me for my appointment even though i was sitting in the waiting room. The rude administrative person (not Katie) pointed to a sign that said you must inform the desk that you have arrived. I did so by signing into the log sheet and then was ignored. When I finally went to the desk and told her I had forgotten my wallet and would return in a day or 2 to pay my $30.00 co-pay. She insisted that there would be no treatment without immediate payment and went back to check with Dr Gordon. When she returned she said he agreed. After 30 years, and although I think Dr Gordon is a excellent doctor, I left the office in a tirade and will never return. You be your own judge.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr Gordon eminates a bit of arrogance. I have the feeling some procedures are not necessary. They are performed for financial gain.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

dr.gordon and his staff are great! very professional,and knowledgeable in his field. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

My name is Marietta Condon. I met Dr. Gordon in 2009.No one could find out what was wrong with me. I walk in Dr Gordons office and within 5 minutes he tells me he knows what i have and it is rare, called "FMF" My blood work said I did not have it. Put me on a Medicine called Cultrcine. I lost my insurance and he dropped me. With no other tests done, I almost died. I did not have "FMF". I had microscopic perforations and went into septic shock.Spent over 3 weeks in a coma on CCU. This doctor is quick to speak and slow to listen. Buyer BEWARE.......

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gordon has done 3 colonoscopies for me. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and very through.

Submitted March 26, 2008 | flag

When I lived in Danbury I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy done by Dr. Gordon. He is very skilled, knowlegeable and as already mentioned, "tells it like it is". He even goes the extra mile and picked up on a problem with my thyroid. Since moving, I have had to deal with his office staff and they are tops - very helpful and very professional.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2007 | flag