Dr. Henry B. Townsend

Dr. Henry B. Townsend

Rate Dr. Henry B. Townsend

Dr. Henry B. Townsend's Ratings

Mean,arrogant,not thorough,makes you feel like a burden do NOT recommend

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

Arrogant uncaring thinks he knows it all put down other doctors. I will NOT recommend him or see him again !

Submitted Jan. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Townsend is simply the best. I was diagnosed with Lupus a year ago and it has truly been a journey. Dr. Townsend and his staff have been there with me and my family every step of the way. He is very attentive and always makes sure we understand everything he discusses from the medication to lab results. He always encourages me to remain positive. I am so thankful to have him as a doctor.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Townsend and his staff are simply the best, exactly what you want if you find yourself in a situation that requires a physician. I never expected to be referred to a RA specialist but I was quite pleased to have the pleasure to make his acquaintance. I was dumbfounded at his ability to focus 100% on me. It was almost a surreal experience. I am so accustomed to doctors looking past or around me, or when I do meet their gaze they have a bored glaze in their eyes. I wish all doctors could be like Dr. Townsend, he is simply the best! He is actively working to solve my pain issue and I have full confidence that this amazing gift of a physician will achieve exactly what I need.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Townsend is super nice, very respectful, and very knowledgeable. He is friendly, and he goes out of his way to make sure you feel comfortable and have what you need healthwise. He works with you, instead of just telling you what to do. The staff is mostly pretty good. The front desk people are very nice and helpful. His nurse needs a bit more familiarity with rheumatology. She is nice, but she doesn't seem very familiar with the disease or its varied ways of showing itself. She does pass on messages though, and she will call back if you have questions. That is a big plus!

Submitted July 17, 2012 | flag

Very good doctor. Listens to everything and explained a lot more than previous doctor. More than happy to drive 80 miles to see him.

Submitted July 7, 2012 | flag

I drove 5 hrs round trip for this follow up appt. and $35. He told me my last appt that he would put together a treatment plan. Now,he asked me why I was there. I told him for CFS & Fibromyalgia. He tells me he is a rheumatologist an doesn't treat that. He didn't tell me that my first visit. Also, notice that another patient states that he is treating her for fibromyalgia. I asked him who would and he said he didn't know, maybe my family doctor. Research shows that most rheumatologist do treat CFS & Fibro. He made the Fibro diagnosis on my first visit with the target spots. My first two visits went well. This 3rd visit was humiliating. He was quick to let me know that I had already gone 5 minutes over my 15 min allowed for my appointment. My 60 yr old husband lost his job last yr and with my health issues we couldn't afford insurance. Yes, I am on charity care. I guess this doctor realized I was a waste of his time. I don't know! I just know his personality changed!

Submitted April 27, 2012 | flag

I LOVE DR. TOWNSEND. I have finally found a doctor to listen to me and my concerns. Dr. Townsend was very through and actually wanted to help me lead a normal life with my fibromyalgia. No doubt he will be my rheumatologist for life. THANK YOU DR. TOWNSEND.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Townsend is an outstanding doctor - one of the very best we have ever been to. He is very patient, mild mannered and really listens to you when you are sharing concerns with him. He was willing to accept my 15 year old daughter as a patient when no other "adult" rheumatologists were willing to do so. He treats the patient (and parent) as a partner in the treatment and care of the problem - is willing to listen to concerns and is open to our suggestions. He has since left DDA to pursue a fellowship and teaching opportunity. A very sad day for our family and a huge loss to DDA.

Submitted July 13, 2010 | flag

I have had Dr Townsend as my doctor for about 4 yrs and thanks to him I am not only walking again, but I can run, ride bikes, go on hikes and really live my life again. When I first started going to him I didn't even want to get out bed because of the pain and it has taken several different medication attempt's but we have finally found a match and I owe that to Dr Townsend patience and really listening to my concerns. I had 4 previous R.A Doctors before him and he is the one that got it right!! Would totally recommend.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2009 | flag