Rate Dr. Brooke Swearingen

Dr. Brooke Swearingen's Ratings

My wife had a pituitary tumor in 2010, and surgery was needed because it was close to her optic nerve. We were scared. We live in Mass and within a month the operation was completed by Dr. Swearingen. This man is a no frills, down to business professional who was put on this earth for his superior skills. My wife needed no pain meds after the surgery and at her 6 month checkup came up tumor free. I would trust this man with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2012

Dr. Swearingen was patient and caring in response to all my questions my surgery for a pituitiary adenoma had basically no complications highly recommend Dr. Swearingen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

I can;t say enough good things about this man. He performed pituitary suregery on me in 2009. I would say that in order to perform this surgery he went up my nose, through my sinuses and removed many tumors from my my pituitary gland and cured my cushings disease. All this was done with no more discomfort than a minor headache. He is very patient and one of the top doctor's in the world in his field. If you need any type of neurosurgery, don't consider anyone else!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2010

superb surgeon excellent office staff always quick to address my concerns

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2010

Absolutely excellent, kind, enormously patient neurosurgeon. Not only did he do a superb job on a cervical disk for me (entering from front and parting muscles so no almost no cutting, post surgical pain, or noticeable scar), but he patiently and enormously reasonably worked with me through three cancellations and reschedules of surgery due to anxiety, never once losing patience or refusing treatment. Can't say enough about this technically excellent, wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

What can you say about a doc who makes a living from going inside people's head to take out pituitary tumors basically blind, just on the basis of feel? The endocrinologist at MassGen said it best "There are great surgeons and there are GIFTED surgeons. Dr Swearingen is one of the GIFTED ones, in the top five in the world, although he would humbly deny it. He excels at distinguishing tumor tissue from pituitary tissue." If you are facing pituitary surgery - run to Dr Swearingen. My husband had a quick revcovery and no pituitary problems after. A very scarey surgery made so much easier knowing we had the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020874].votes_count ]]