Dr. Neil J. Russo

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Neil J. Russo has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5594264
02/07/14 5 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr.Russo for 8 years. I had a miscarriage before going to him and an awful experience. From the onset, he treated me like family and addressed all of my concerns. With the healthcare world, changing he always greets with a smile. There office is very busy but I know 2 kids later if I had a medical concern, I'd trust him. Office staff has improved a lot since Livingston days. A great doctor with a huge heart!  Respond
RID: 3603748

12/11/13 4 1 1 2 I made an appt to see Dr Russo for the first time because my main doctor in the group was booked. I was very unhappy with my visit to the point I left out his office crying. Dr Russo was very insensitive and did not care about any of my pregnancy pains I been having for months now. He did not look at my charts or notes that my main doctor left regarding my issues. He made me feel horrible and was impatient. I would not recommend any pregnant women to see him.
Respond

28/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LIVINGSTON" to "West Orange"
RID: 2853775
13/09/13 5 5 5 5 I changed Dr about 6 months ago Dr Russo is nothing but the best patient and talkes to you like a person and much sure that you under what he is stay. I like when i call and i have a question that nurse line is great and the spend time talk with you and making sure that you understand just like Dr Russo.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2662856
26/05/13 1 4 3 4 I like Dr. Russo. However his entire staff is rude. I have called on two occasions with a concern and did not recieve a call back. When I finally got through to someone I told her I had called several times and the woman said the office is busy and I am not their only patient. I will never go back.
RID: 2545560
30/01/13 5 5 5 5 Great doctor! I can not recommend him enough!!! Went trough 2 pregnancies with him and everything was very smooth! He is super caring and treats you like a family member! Do not even think about going with another doctor. I drove over an hour during both my pregnancies so I could stick to him and still do for annual appointment! A++++++
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2350621
11/07/12 5 5 5 5 I have been Dr. Russo's patient for over 12 years and without a doubt, this physician is remarkable! He not only is an excellent diagnostician, he saved my life, while undergoing an ectopic pregnancy, with a ruptured tube! He delivered my first child and monitored me throughout many miscarraiges and was even supportive through the adoption of our 2nd child. He always asks about my family and has a wonderful bedside manner. He is THE BEST!
RID: 2290181
25/06/12 5 5 5 5 Let me just say how much I love Dr. Russo. When I first started going to Dr Russo 9 years ago I had my reservations due to the previous experience I had with a male OBGYN. What seperates him from the previous experience is the personal interaction with his clients. Dr. Russo never rushes you, explains everything done in the visit in plain english. He is a very supportive thorough doctor and will never allow you to leave his office until you have a full understanding of what he expressed in your appointment. He is the greatest OBG around!!!!!!  Respond
RID: 2099232
02/05/12 2 2 3 4 Dr. Russo is very knowledgeble; however, as a first time mother with complications during her delivery his bedside manner was extremely lacking. He was very aloof & didn't take the time to answer my questions or explain things as we went along. I had to have a c-section which he extremely rushed after I had sat in the hospital over 2 days waiting for an induction to work. Dr. Russo was in the operating room; however, the surgery was performed by the resident. This was never explained to me before hand so I was quite surprised & nervous when I could hear Dr. Russo advising the resident on what to do during the entire surgery. Lastly, the staff at the office, other than the nurse, were extremely unfriendly and acted as if I were bothering them anytime I called. Even when I was told to call the office to determine if I was to go to the hospital to be induced for an early delivery due to preeclampsia..NO ONE called me back. After waiting all day I called back & was sent to hospital.
RID: 1693063
21/01/12 5 5 5 5 I absolutely LOVE Dr. Russo and his staff! I have been seeing him for over 6 years and he has always been patient, understanding and caring. The staff in the office are excellent, especially Maria, Eileen and Edna.
Insurance: United Healthcare

RID: 1345102
24/01/11 5 5 5 5 I have to stay that I am very HAPPY with Doctor Russo. I've been a patient for almost 10years now. He was great with my first pregnancy. I have had 5 miscarriages now and he has been very supportive and helpfull with what we should do. He has conducted all the testing to see what is causing the miscariiages. Returns all my calls and explains himself very well, speaks to you in a normal persons language not medical languabe...
RID: 1342249
20/01/11 3 4 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Russo since Dr. Cohen retired from OB (he still does GYN), and I'm very happy with him during my pregnancy. He answers all of my questions, and makes me feel comfortable. He's open to many kinds of birth plans, from the planned C-section to the natural route. He is very accomodating of your wishes, unless it will put him in danger of malpractice. He is a bit quick, so you want to come prepared with questions to ask. The office is very busy, and you get the feeling that there's always another patient that needs attention, so don't let him out of the room till you're sure you have all your questions answered!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1319707
22/12/10 5 5 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr.Russo ever since my regular GYN didn't have time to see me for an emergency, which turned out to be an ectopic, for which I had surgery ASAP by Dr.Russo. He is wonderful. I have been seeing him ever since and currently expecting. Cheers to Dr.Russo.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1164661
07/05/10 1 1 2 3 Horrible doctor. Very impatient and aloof. You don't want to add more stress by seeing him when you are already nevous as first time mom. I miss the days when doctors follow up with you and actually hold themselves accountable.
RID: 1101214
09/02/10 5 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Russo for 6 years. I'm 6 months pregnant with my first child and he has been wonderful. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. He takes the time to listen to me and answer my questions. I would recommend him to everyone. (My sister also sees him and recommended him to me.)  Respond
RID: 1096766
03/02/10 2 2 2 2 Dr. Russo delivered my 4th child. i usually have great deliveries. so impatient would not stay in the delivery room with me for more than 5 min. i still have knots in my neck from the stress of him leaving the room. i had no epidural and progressed very fast. you cannot imagine begging your dr, when you are 9mm dialated, to please come back because you feel like you cannot stop pushing. did not like the delivery.
RID: 638934
15/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Russo is the absolute BEST OB/GYN on the planet! He makes you feel comfortable and explains everything before he does it. Dr Russo makes you feel like you're his only patient, he takes his time with you and answers all of your questions. The most I've waited was 5 minutes to get in to see him. A few of the girls at the front desk need a personality boost but the ones who are nice more than make up for it.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 589131
13/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Russo is wonderful! He makes you feel so comfortable. I never thought I'd say this - but I actually look forward to my appointment. He's very thorough and takes time afterwards to discuss any questions you might have in his office.
RID: 458633
06/12/07 5 5 5 5 LOVE Dr. Russo! He is THE BEST! I wish my entire family could use him (including my husband and son). He is knowledgeable and a great diagnostician. He saved my life during an ectopic pregnancy. He really cares about his patients and is very personable and professional.
RID: 421444
30/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Russo is the best doctor. He makes you feel like the most important patient.  Respond
RID: 386683
16/08/07 5 5 5 5 What a great office! The staff is super helpful and very friendly. Dr. Russo is great! Super knowledgeable & informative. He makes you feel like you've known him forever! Highly recommend!
Paid (or co-pay): $25