Rate Dr. Terry McKay

Dr. Terry McKay's Ratings

I have been a client of Dr. McKay's my entire life and I feel very fortunate to have had such excellent dental care over the years. As an adolescence, he was able to treat my overbite with a retainer (something I was very self-conscious about). 20 years later, I still receive compliments about my teeth. Dr. McKay and his staff are true professionals, yet very thoughtful and caring. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr. McKay has been my Dentist for over 5 years. Him and his staff are amazing. Always on time, & gets me in right away if I am in any teeth pain. I have had teeth extracted, root canals & cavities filled. He's made it almost pain free every visit. Very gentle, and does a great job. Him and his staff put in that extra effort to make house calls to check in on there patients which is so appreciated. I had been to many different dentists over the years until i found Dr. McKay. And I wouldn't trust anyone else on my teeth again. I don't have any dental insurance, but his prices are very reasonable. I would recommend Terry and his wonderful staff to anyone looking for a new (and better) Dentist office. I know my teeth are in great hands,!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I had an emergency dental situation on a Sunday. Got on the phone and called about a dozen dentists but was unable to reach any! Dr. McKay's voice mail has his home phone # on it so I called and left a message. He called me that day and was so comforting, also advised me what I needed to do until I could see him the next day. He saw me the next morning, did the procedure, almost painless! Such a wonderful demeanour, he and his staff were so kind. Got a follow up call from Andrea the next day, checking to see if I was okay. I've been with the same dentist almost 20 years and didn't even get a call from them until the following Wednesday. I'm so thrilled to be a patient of Dr. McKay, highly recommend him to everyone!! I've been back twice since the emergency and feel like I've won the lottery. Thank you so much to Terry, Andrea, Rhonda & Leanne, I am forever grateful!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Terry McKay is top notch. He continually upgrades his knowledge and skills and is personable and honest. I have participated in his Study Club as he perfected his skill with gold fillings. He was my brother's dentist for years. Their kids were afraid to go to a dentist, but Terry put them at ease, and their eldest daughter is now a dental assistant in Kelowna. Terry has also done Invisalign invisible braces for my nephew. Terry offers one-appointment crowns right in his office using the latest equipment. Terry's office staff are the best in the business. Andrea runs the office like a well-oiled machine. Terry's team of hygienists and dental assistants are efficient, kind, professional, and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Terry McKay for excellent dentistry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

We chose Dr McKay because he had great reviews and he met our expectations on our first visit. He was friendly, knowledgable and seems to have the latest technology. His hygienists and staff are all very skilled and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

Best Dentist we have ever had. Fear of pain? We've had zero issues. Price is reasonable and the gals that do the cleaning are wonderfully.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

I needed an emergency dental procedure, and although Terry is not my regular dentist he met me at his office on a Sunday afternoon and fixed me up. He was also very good by following up with me later that evening and the next morning. He was very knowledgable about the problem, and I couldn't recommend him any more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2013

Terry is a wonderful dentist. He has been my dentist for over 20 years and has often gone out of his way to call me at homeor come in on his day off to deal with my dental or tmj emergencies. He also is the dentist for my 2 children one of which has special needs and and anxiety panic disorder. Terry was able to treat him with a nessessary root canal without him running out of the office. He is so calming pain free and friendly to chat with. I think he is the best dentist ever and am so grateful for his skills and desire to keep his patients happy and healthy by keeping his skills up to date and modern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. McKay for 26 years. I find him and his staff to be both caring and professional. Hearing about my experiences at Dr. McKay's office several members of my family have switched to having Dr. McKay as their own dentist and they have told me they were so glad they had done so. Sometimes I'm concerned that a tooth may need some work. In these cases Dr. McKay investigates the situation carefully and then advises me. To my surprise on some occasions he has told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with the tooth and no work to be done. When work actually needs to be done he explains what it involves and why it is necessary. I appreciate the fact that he is actually honest in these situations. If he were only looking to make more money I would expect him to always tell me that work was necessary. In a world where patients can be seen as dollar signs I am so glad that my dentist and his staff are honest and truly care about my well-being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I have been using Doctor McKay for many years. I relocated to Los Angeles 15 years ago and still travel to see him from here. Dr McKay is a consummate professional, He stays current with the latest dental technology and his work is perfection. I can't recommend Dr McKay highly enough. I would never use any other dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025887].votes_count ]]