Dr. Ronald B. Etskovitz

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Ronald B. Etskovitz has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5301186
23/03/14 5 5 5 5 For about 15 years I have been going to Dr. Etskovitz for very occasional foot problems (broken toe, arch problems, ingrown toenails, etc.), and I have recommended him to a number of friends and business associates. I would say there is general agreement among us that Dr. Etskovitz is the best physician in the Solar System. As you can see from other reviews here, Dr. E is extremely knowledgeable and skilled, caring, very patient, informative, personable -- the list goes on and on. I have never met any other physician quite like him. It is VERY difficult to square the two extremely negative reviews here with all of the other reviews here and with my own personal experiences with Dr. E. These two negative reviews just do not add up, regarding Dr. E AND his office staff!!
Respond

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 3656868
15/01/14 4 5 5 5 Had a nerve root removal after trying injections. DR. Ron was outstanding. pain free after many years.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ronald" to "Ronald B."
RID: 2652987
20/05/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Etskovitz is fantastic! He gave me great advice, tools I could use right away, and he was full of information. I'm thrilled.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 2597304
22/03/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Etskovitz has about the best "bedside" manner of any doctor I've ever met, and he takes great care of my feet with no pain. A pleasant, knowledgeable and gifted podiatrist.  Respond
RID: 2571398
26/02/13 4 4 1 4 This man talked a lot, but he screwed up my bunionectomy horribly and i have been suffering for 2+ years and have seen over 5 doctors and have had 2 surgeries to fix his mistakes since i first stepped into his office. Words cannot even express my anger, never go to a podiatrist in general, go to a orthopedic foot and ankle specialist. The ones who are the head of the department at Brigham and Womens and Mass General actually know what they are doing on the operating table.  Respond
RID: 1319060
21/12/10 5 5 5 5 I had a ganglian cist that other doctors could not fix, I eben had sergery, one visit to Dr. E. and it was gone. very good bedside manner, I send friends to him all the time.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 708934
24/10/08 5 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor! Patinet gentle and caring. I've gone to him in waltham for 5 years. I HIGHLY recommend him.
RID: 702562
15/10/08 5 4 5 5 Dr Etskovitz is a wonderful doctor and caring person. He takes time to listen and make certain all problems are addressed. I feel very confident about his knowledge and consider myself fortunate to have him as my doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 558153
04/04/08 5 3 5 5 I am sad to see the previous post as I think that Dr. E. is the best foot doctor I have ever seen. He has a wonderful personality--I could sit and chat with him forever. He is down to earth and very genuine with his interest in getting to know me. He always remembers conversations and details from one apt to the next. The staff have always been able to get me in for a same day appt for a reacuring ingrown nail problem. He is one of the most gentle podiatrists that I have ever seen, as those of you know how painful nail removal can be. He takes his time with each patient, so the wait may be a bit..but I would recommend him highly!
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 383717
10/08/07 1 1 1 2 Abysmal. Dr. Etskovitz yelled at me for 10 minutes about how my footwear was "the worst" for my bunion (contrary to what the chief of podiatry at a leading hospital had told me). He was cold and paternalistic; wanted me to patronize an orthotics store (which he probably owns a share in). Seemed to never occur to him to recommend first trying a less demoralizing solution than ugly shoes--e.g., over-the-counter products, which I 've had good luck with. Subsequently called about a painful toenail problem to ask if I could be seen on an emergency basis, as walking was hampered. Office staff were rude and disinterested; told me they couldn't accommodate me and that I could go to an ER or should call my PCP (who, of course, said it was a problem that only the podiatrist should be handling). The only plus: Dr. E. had a handy little electric "planer" for trimming bunions, which I'd not seen at the other two podiatrist I'd been to. Still, not worth the insulting treatment.
* - Rating left by a registered user