Rate Dr. Joseph Mauro

Dr. Joseph Mauro's Ratings

I was seen by Dr.Mauro today. I found everything about the staff and Dr to be absolutely comfortable and professional. I'd never been there before and was referred to him by my personal dentist for an abstraction. While there, even though not in original plan, I explained my schedule and how difficult it is to make dental appointments. I brought up the 3 wisdom teeth I was told I'd eventually have to have surgically removed. He was kind enough to take care of all of my needs during this one appointment. I'm very thankful to him and his assistant. They could have easily stated I'd have to return for a future appointment to take care of my wisdom teeth. I've read some negative comments on here. There was absolutely no negativity in my visit. I wouldn't hesitate to return to him should I ever have a need. Thank you Dr. Mauro & staff.
Hiedi A.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

My dental hygienist discovered a tongue lesion and referred me to Dr. Mauro's office for an evaluation. I asked around town, and his reputation is impeccable as an oral surgeon. I was pretty scared, but he and his staff were extremely compassionate and reassuring. Dr. Mauro excised what turned out to be a rather large lesion from the way back base of my tongue under only local anesthesia. He put 7 large stitches in as well. It turned out to be benign. Throughout the entire surgery, he and his staff were extremely kind and sensitive, trying their best to comfort me. Dr. Mauro is a saint, and we are fortunate to have him in our community, particularly if you realize all of the pro-bono and reduced-fee work he does for the uninsured and low-income people in our community, not to mention all of his charity work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2570609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this person! He's rude, inconsiderate and his office staff are not on top of things! Stay away from this man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I got a dental procedure that required the use of antiobiotics but nobody told me that i needed to take them and nobody called them into the pharmacy for about a week after my procedure was done. (He told me this commonly happens "but it's the pharmacy's fault"). The sheet that I took home said to "take medications" and I assumed that meant tylenol. So when I came in next I calmly told Dr. Mauro that I was upset that no one told me I needed antibiotics and that I only found out about it a week later because the pharmacy called me to tell me my antibiotics and pain medications were ready. Instead of apologizing he blew up at me. Raised his voice and talked about how they would NEVER forget to tell a patient to take antibiotics and that "I must have not been paying attention when they told me about it". He ranted for a little while and then finished it up with a "so what you really meant to say was "I messed up and didn't listen properly"".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I previously had two wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Mauro and found him to be pleasant and professional as was his assistant. I returned for a second extraction session for a wisdom tooth and it was not pleasant. His demeanor had changed considerably. I had read a review elsewhere that Dr. Mauro denied a patients request for nitrous gas and wouldn't explain to her why. I also requested the gas because I require a lot of shots to numb properly and I wanted to be assured of not having any issues with pain during the surgery. He didn't acknowledge my request for gas. He was "yes, yes, ok" about everything else then nothing when I said gas. When I was led into the surgery room, I saw the nitrous tank, could hear the gas flowing and the assistant was holding the mask. The doctor was behind me. After I sat down, nothing was said but the gas was audibly shut off. Very strange. I was never given the gas I requested, nor did he deny it verbally. He just ignored the request without comment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

My dentist referred me for extraction after my large molar cracked with a dental abscess. An endodontist I saw independently for 2nd opinion told me molar was a loss, and assured me that Dr Mauro would not extract a tooth he believed could be saved. Dr Mauro fit me into a very busy December schedule. I was very anxious and upset about losing my tooth. Office staff were friendly, efficient, and well-trained. Before proceeding, Dr Mauro interviewed me, reviewed and discussed my medical history, repeated X-rays & exam to confirm diagnosis and check the adjacent teeth and sinuse for damage. He answered all my questions, and we agreed on an anesthetic plan (I chose local). Every step of procedure was explained clearly beforehand. Extraction was painless, efficient and fast. His tech reviewed aftercare. I'm a health professional myself, and this is my second experience with an oral surgeon. Dr Mauro is skilled & knowledgeable, excellent surgeon. Recommend!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Dr. Mauro was very rude, inconsideriate of my fears, would not use nitrous oxide when requested, showed anger and threw his tools on the tray...I would never reccomend Dr. Mauro to any friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Mauro is a wonderful, caring Doctor. My son's impacted wisdom teeth had to be removed and he was quite nervous about it. Dr. Mauro and his staff were professional and managed to put my son at ease with their great sense of humor and efficient process. I am recommending him to all my colleagues. I was very grateful to his staff for quickly working us into the schedule to accommodate my son's school schedule.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2012

wasn't impressed with him and his nurse was very rude! Waited for over 1/2 hr. past my appt. time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2012

Had tooth extracted and everything went well but had to wait a lengthy time in the waiting area. On my next appointment I had to cancel my first schedule and completely missed my second appt (my fault). He would not reschedule with me. However, I find it completely arrogant that his time is so valuable but a patients time is not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036081].votes_count ]]