Rate Dr. Andrew I. Renner

Dr. Andrew I. Renner's Ratings

I would highly recomend Dr. Renner. I admitted myself into Sherman Oaks Hospital for hernia outpatient surgery. The hospital staff were simply great. Dr. Andrew Renner performed the half hour surgery. I trusted him and was not let down. I left without any pain. It's been a week now and I feel great and my situation seems to be back to normal. Meet him this afternoon for a quick follow-up. Dr Renner and the staff at his office were also great. Should I ever have the need of these services again I would definately call him. Thank you again Dr. Renner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I went into the Providence emergency room for terrible pain in my abdomen and found out that it was due to an inflamed gallbladder. When Renner came in to tell me he was doing the surgery, he explained NOTHING, he was extremely arrogant, and didn't seem to have time to answer any of my questions or concerns. After the surgery, he ignored me when I told him I was having shoulder pain. I was discharged and by the time I got home, my wife had to call 911 because my shoulder pain had become unbearable. The doctor I saw in the ER was very nice and explained that the shoulder pain was experienced by some people after gallbladder removal and other procedures. Bottom line, I would not recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2013

BEST SURGEON IN THE WORLD. STAFF IS VERY POLITE AND EFFICENT..HE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND SINCERE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr. Renner took out appendix and stitched the internal stitches to high. I went to his office 3 days after surgery cause it felt like tearing flesh when i stood up and there is now a "pucker" in my stomach. He said "it will go away if you massage it enough". In the mean time when I move it's like having a internal piercing. I couldn't choose the doctor as it was emergency. What kind of a doctor would poke HARD the stomach of a appendix patient?? Needless to say I screamed very LOUD. Will never use him again, even if it is emgergency.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

During a simple out-patient procedure for port a cath this doctor had damaged a vane that caused internal bleeding, which  caused clasped right lung. This doctor didn't seem to be concerned too much and didnt really appologize for the serious condition of the pationt.  Patient had to go through a series of test ranging from x-rays, MRI's and cat scans. Now this patient has been in and out of the hospital twice and has had tube placed in her lungs in order to drain the blood. Patient had a cancer but now she can not get chemotherapy for it because of the damages caused by this doctor during a simple procedure. This patient is back in the hospital with pneumonia  and is suffering serious health issues. I thought this was a good doctor,  but now I am very disappointed of his carelessness and attention for his patent. I have lost all my confidence in this doctor. He treated his patient like it was not a big deal when patient was in intensive care for days.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

breast cancer he took out to many lymphnodes left me with major lymphdema and he didn't take the time to explain and now i am miserable no more lymphnode total axillary removal

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2011

everything went so much smoother than i ever thought. staff talked to me for ten minutes on the phone letting helping me prpair and was as honest and right on as could be. i thank the doctor and staff a million.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Had breast surgery. Dr took out more lymph nodes than necessary. Clearly, did not understand the pathology report. Had to have my family doctor re-enforce and replace dressings that were falling off. Had a drain and developed a painful seroma that remained. Would not agree to physical therapy post-op, although I could not move my arm on the surgical side more that few inches. Had to have my family doctor order physical therapy and lymphedema prevention. He should not do breast surgery! I would not recommend. Take it to a dedicated breast surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2010

The Staff was very attentive to my concerns. Dr. was very punctual and answered all of my questions. I waited only five minutes to be seen. In my opinion this is one of the best Dr. visits ever. My post operative healing time was wonderful. There were no complaints and no problems. I would definitely refer all of my family members and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Renner was wonderful, efficient, and top notch. I had adhesions on my lower bowel and he told me the possibilities he might find when he went in, as well as what he expected to find. He expected just to have to clip and remove the adhesions, and that is what he did. He took care of everything for me, and I am on a course of healing. I found him a great healer and am grateful for his extraordinary skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036510].votes_count ]]