Rate Dr. Michael Szalay

Dr. Michael Szalay's Ratings

I had my first consult with him today and was very pleased. His receptionist was friendly and I only waited 5 min before he saw me. He got straight into it with taking measurements. I didn't know what size I wanted and he gave me his opinion and explained one needed to be bigger because of the different sizes of my breasts. I also have one that sags a little more than the other which i didn't realise but because he uses a texter to mark his measurements I was able to see the slight variation. Clearly he has a good eye and plenty of experience In doing breast augmentations. I also found him really friendly and polite. His surgery was never empty from the time I first walked in to when I left there was a different patient waiting. A couple of the ladies had obviously been there quite a few times so it was reassuring to see. I also like it that his surgery is across from a hospital. Cant wait to book in and get some new assets.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2562515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Simply the best!
Dr Szalay was the 3rd doctor I had met with and after 5 minutes I felt like I didn't have to explain anymore. He is very knowledgable, yet very respectful,this gave me a wonderful sense of trust in him. He takes the time to help you with the best choice for you and looks at your individual needs.
The procedure I had with Dr Szalay was Brazilian breast augmentation and my results are outstanding. He gave me back what childbirth took away. My breast are full, even and beautiful after 3 children! He exceeded my expectations and beyond, my breasts look and feel amazing and I get compliments all the time.
Many thanks from a very happy patient!
CT

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Worst experience. 4 years on i am finally getting revision done because of his mistake! My breasts are so uneven and one sits higher than the other. He tried to tell me i had capsular hardening to cover himself but when i went to a PLASTIC surgeon he confirmed that there was no capsular hardening and that it was poor work. Szalay offered to re do the implants at a cheaper cost but i would not trust him again and therefore am going elsewhere! Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2544674].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

I had a breast augmentation with Dr Szalay nearly 3 years ago now. I found his staff friendly and helpful, but his manner and attitude was very off-putting. He was quite stand-offish, and I felt uncomfortable and rushed in my consultation with him, pre-op. I felt like I had to rush the decision on what size implant I wanted, which was a shame as I would have liked to have taken more time, as it is such an important decision! BUT, I decided that his skill as a surgeon was much more important than his bedside manner, so I decided to go through with the operation with him as my surgeon. I was very pleased with the result, and 3 years down the track I am still very happy with my breasts! :-) So I would recommend Dr Szalay as a surgeon, but his people skills are not good. I think he needs to work on this, being in such a people related job. To anybody who reads this who is thinking about getting a breast augmentation - it is quite daunting and the pain after surgery is quite intense (much worse than I anticipated) but it is definitely worth it!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540715].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Absolute 5 star service and results. Never felt uncomfortable or nervous. Still to this day 12 months on, I am still just as happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

6 weeks ago I went to Dr. Szalay to get a boob job and the results are EXACTLY what I wanted. I went in for my first consult with a "open to suggestion" attitude, I made it clear that I didnt want "Big"I just wanted "bigger" Dr. Szalay then got me to try on a few sample sizes and within 5min I had found the size I felt comfortable with, he is extremely precise and I felt 100% confident in the choice he had come up with for me. I went back for a 2nd consult just to be sure and within that month I was booked in! The day of surgery I wasnt nervous at all,however due to the fact this surgery is perfomed via twilight sedation while he was stitching me up I did wake up, I did not experience any pain although I could feel him tugging and stitching away...they immediatly put me back to sleep. The first 6 days post op are bad - day 2-3 I would say are the worst but the medication they give you helps. I had no bruising and the swelling took about 1 month to ease. EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH EVERYTHING! The Pain is worth it!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I had my breast augmentation with Dr. Szalay just over two months ago. I couldn't be happier with my result. The outcome is exactly what I had desired and Dr. Szalay did a fantastic job. He is extremely precise with his measurements, implant placements and sealing the wound. My scars are healing wonderfully. His staff including the nurses were very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Szalay was happy to see me three times before the surgery, as I was unsure about my choice of implant. He made me try different sizers and advised me on the differences between the implants. The surgery itself went smoothly and I had a speedy recovery. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

I found Dr SZALAY to be very professional and a perfectionist in his work. He doesn't make small talk, which may be why some comments on this site have criticized his personality. The nurses and admin staff were friendly and helpful. I had lipo to 6 areas of my body and now, after 2 weeks, I'm starting to see a positive difference. It will be a few weeks until the final result is achieved but I am very happy with the results so far and would recommend Dr SZALAY for lipo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Dr Szalay helped me out of a horrible situation when we realised I had PIP implants. He really went the extra mile. I did not expect this of him, as he is a quite stand-offish man, not rude, but he doesn't dote and fawn all over you. He was unimpressed with the results of my first operation - we could not have predicted the outcome. He then proceeded to immediately book another operation within three days at absolutely no charge. I am now completely healed and both he and I are satisfied with the results. He is excellent value for money, do not expect a hotel/day spa. Do expect to wait a little while for your appointment. Keep a positive attitude and you will be rewarded for sticking with this efficient and complex surgeon. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Had breast augmentation surgery 3 days ago and there isn't a thing I could say needed improvement. Reception and nursing staff were extremely kind and knowledgeable, operation was very well priced, doctor was experienced and I was very happy with the result of my operation. I would recommend to anyone wanting breast implants.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1036665].votes_count ]]