Dr. Lee S. Gross

North Port, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Family / G.P.
Website: prime-health.us External Link
Practice: Lee S. Gross, M.D.
Hospital: Bon Secours-St Joseph
Phone:941-423-9936
Med. School:Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106
Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Lee S. Gross has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Do you Take BlueCross also?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5485047
19/05/14 1 5 1 1 was charged for a visit to pick up paperwork then was balance billed after insurance paid questioned dr about what staff did and he did not respond and at next appt treated me differently
Respond

24/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 5195959

19/02/14 1 1 1 1 I drove down to North Port to checkout Dr. Gross. I enetered the office @3pm on a Wednesday afternoon. Two office staff were present and no one was in the waiting room. I inquired about the Dr. and was asked what insurance I had. I responded Blue Cross Blue Shield and was tersely told they did not accept new BCBS patients. I began to leave and then asked about Medicare and was again told that they were not accepting Medicare patients. Of course I should have called ahead however part of the reason I went to the office was to evaluate the staff and office situation. Currently not happy with my recent visit to a new Dr. that seemed to have an assembly line mentality, just moving as many patients through as possible!!!  See Responses
RID: 2311516
02/07/12 5 5 5 5 I am a retired RN and I've known 100's of Doctors, Dr Gross is exceptional. I haven't been to Doctor's Office in my entire life that was such a pleasant experience. The appointment are scheduled so that there is hardly any wait. Dr Gross has a wonderful "bedside" manner, there is no rush, plenty of time for questions. I am so grateful to have found him.  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Lee" to "Lee S."
RID: 1655490
07/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gross and staff have always been professional and compassionate towards patients. There has been very little waiting period with appointments, even on an emergency basis. He is outgoing and above all, very versed in his field.
RID: 1550500
30/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gross is a great doctor. Very caring and compassionate. I could not recommend a more competent doctor. His staff is very helpful and very responsive. I would highly recommend Dr. Gross, his staff and his office! He not only treats my husband and I but our kids and grandkids also.
RID: 1516656
19/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gross is professional, he cares about his patients, he accomodates even the most difficult schedules to make sure the patient is cared for in a timely manner
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1511390
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gross is not just any doctor. We were patients of the practice for five years. If you cannot appreciate his services, you should leave the office and allow someone else his time. He is hands down a great doctor and does not deserve condescending patients, I believe Mental Health is not too far from his office. Our family re-located out of state and I am trying to find a family physician. His office is one of the few good things about North Port. Good luck to me. We miss you and the staff, Dr. Gross.
RID: 1435826
08/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Gross is very patient centered and a leader in health care.  Respond
RID: 1434652

06/05/11 4 3 2 1 This doctor truly concerns me about his complete lack of caring and also minimal knowledge of varous medical conditions. He's very condescending but yet appears nervous when asked very SIMPLE questions!!! I would NOT recommend him to my worst enemy frankly
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $25
See Responses
RID: 1358118
08/02/11 5 5 5 5 A wonderful and caring doctor. There is no one like him. He is an original.  Respond
RID: 1338282
17/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gross is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, respectful and a pleasure to deal with. While he is very professional, he is also very personable. I also have only positive things to say about his staff. I can't say enough positive comments about Dr. Gross and his crew!  Respond
RID: 1313516
13/12/10 5 5 5 5 Amazing physician, very knowledgeable, caring and concerned. Has a wonderful personality, never rushes thru his patients, gives a clear explanation and understanding.
RID: 1202738
06/07/10 5 5 5 5 I have been with Dr. Gross as a patient since he relocated to North Port ... I now live part time in Sarasota but continue to see Dr. G when I am in Florida. He's a wonderful, caring physician who takes time to explain and visit with his patients. He referred me to excellent physicians when i was diagnosed for a 2nd time with breast cancer...he's a great Dr. and i highly recommend him to any patient who wants to feel well cared for by a physician. I would not consider changing to a Sarasota practice preferring to make the "trip" to North Port to see him.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 1154457
22/04/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. gross is Very caring and freindly. His staff is also freindly with exception of the nurse never getting my name right , which is very annoying been going there for years. should know my name by now,but i trust dr. Gross and couldnt go to anyone else.
RID: 697179
06/10/08 5 5 5 5 Doc. Gross has the personality and bed-side manner we all hope to find and he is "the old family doctor" image, he is always attentive and has made me very aware of how to get better by taking better care of myself. His patients are lucky he picked North Port to practice and his staff is wonderful.
RID: 554757
01/04/08 5 5 5 5 I referred patients to Dr Gross based on his original North Port Advertisements before I even saw him. They all love him. When I became a patient I couldn't have agreed more. He is caring, knowledgeable and thoughtful. That seems hard to find in Florida. He will follow through on his care for you instead of just treating your symptoms. He makes time for you and truly seems to care about his patients and community. Thank God for Doctor Gross!
RID: 441660
09/11/07 5 5 5 5 Fabulous Physician with outstanding staff....Dr Gross has an impact on the clients as well as North Port. Caliber of person is excellent. NP and his patients are very fortunate to have the services he provides.....
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 441255
08/11/07 5 5 5 5 My family has been patients of Dr. Gross almost since he opened his practice. He is intelligent, knowledgeable and caring. His staff is very courteous on the phone as well as in the officee. He is very involved with our community and is striving to help the area in any way he can. Thank you Dr. Gross for being here in North Port.
RID: 114555
26/01/07 5 5 5 He appears to have all the time you need to get the care you need, was really great helping me with hurricane charley feelings and dealing with the associated problems
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 58534
24/11/06 5 5 5 I believe Dr. Gross saved my life, by being knowledgable about my diabetes and changing my diet and medication. I love that he is a low carb advocate, and even has classes on the subject. Not the run of the mill ADA advice that nearly killed me. My old doctor had me on the wrong medication and diet (ADA) and I had gained a lot of weight and felt terrible. Dr. Gross straightened me out from the first day I saw him. My husband also sees him now for his problems. I would recommend him to anyone, he and his staff are first-rate!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 13840
18/10/05 5 5 5 I can honestly say that I have not seen a doctor as caring or as helpful as Dr. Gross. Anyone who has him as a doctor is very lucky.
RID: 11000
21/08/05 5 5 5 Intelligent, caring, very responsive to phone calls and questions. A+++  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user