Rate Dr. Joel D. Shuy

Dr. Joel D. Shuy's Ratings

I am completely disappointed in Dr. Shuy as a Doctor. We brought our son in for an evaluation for the first time and we were expecting to have a great Dr. that our son could confide in and also to find out the issues he may be dealing with such as ADD. He spent a good amount of time with us during our first visit and was expecting to see him again soon. However, since then its been 3 months and absolutely no response from all the messages I've left for him. I asked him to give us a call to schedule another appointment to start treatment. I have not heard back from him either by email nor by phone. We also had my son's teachers fill out evaluation forms for him to review and still no response. Very Very disappointing and very unprofessional. We have had to seek another Dr. We have absolutely wasted our time with Dr. Shuy. I can not believe that any Dr. can not at least return phone calls or have a staff member give a courtesy call. Will not recommend Dr. Shuy to anyone.

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

I HAVE SEEN A FEW PSYCHOLOGISTS IN MY LIFETIME BUT DR. SHUY PUTS THEM ALL TO SHAME. HE IS VERY GOOD, VERY CARING AND VERY LIKEABLE.I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY ONE NEEDING CONSELING. DEEDEE PURCELL

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

I never got the pleasure of meeting Dr. Shuy. I called to speak with him prior to making an appointment, and after being grilled for personal and financial information by one of his staff (so they wouldn't need "more information") later, they took my number. I received a call a few minutes later from a second staff person asking for yet "more information", including more information about why I wanted to see Dr. Shuy. I told her I would be happy to give that information when he called me back. The second staff person said she had asked Dr. Shuy if he wanted to return my call, and he said he did not. Apparently he wants a lot of information from prospective clients, but doesn't want to speak with them at all before they come in for an appointment. I told the second staff person if he didn't want to speak with me, that was fine. I'll find someone else. I find it odd that he doesn't want to speak with prospective clients.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

The best I've ever seen! He has the ability to make you feel comfortable, at ease - also helps he has a great sense of humor (at the right time). A very intelligent man. I believe the best thing for him was leaving the rockledge office - i.e., Dr. Gonzalez. Dr. Shuy has a way of 'prying' things out of you, but in a professional way - and when he gets it out of you, you start to heal. He got me to look at problems, discuss them (without making me feel like a 'failure) - and from there, it would open up many things I was holding back. Yes, I learned a lot from him. WHERE IS HE NOW?? I miss him! (03-03-10)

Submitted March 4, 2010 | flag

very helpful and knowledgeable; easy to talk to; seems to care.

Submitted May 15, 2009 | flag

Easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and was highly recommended by my physician. Sense of humor, but still able to get right to addressing the problems that I came to see him for. Providing some hope for me. I had bad experiences with other psychologists and therapists. He is different. He seemed to care, but also seems honest and straightforward enough to get me to focus on what I need to.

Submitted July 25, 2007 | flag