Rate Dr. J. Van der Zweep

Dr. J. Van der Zweep's Ratings

Dr. van der Zweep performed my cataract surgery. Procedure described in detail. Surgery on time. No pain. Thrilled with outcome: 20/20 vision in eye (with implanted lens). Excellent caring physician.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

Our son was referred to Dr. Vanderzweep from the Children's ER. He had buldging of the eye, loss of vision and and swollen eye lid. Dr. Vanderzweep immediately admitted him back to the ER where our son was hospitalized for 4 days and put on viral and bacterial antibiotics, along with steroids. It was determined that he "most likely" had a condition known as "orbital pseudotumor". A very rare condition, especially among children. The care Dr. Vanderzweep provided our son and direction he gave to all the specialists involved in our son's case was amazing. Dr Vanderzweep even came in on the weekend to the Hospital to see how our son was doing with the treatment to see if any additional care/change was required. Dr Vanderzweep answered any and all of our questions and we cannot thank him enough for all he has done. Our son has since made almost a full recovery and we are confident that he will ensure our son will always receive the best care possible if his condition returns. Thank-you.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

I just got my Lasik eye surgery done by Dr. Van der Zweep at Lasik MD on Friday, November 30/12. He was amazing! He was extremely helpful, I was nervous and he helped me stay calm. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered every question I had. He walked me through what would be happening before the surgery. During the surgery he told me everything I should be feeling and everything he was doing. It is now December 2/12, I went for my follow- up yesterday and my eyes are doing well and I am already seeing 20/20 for the most part (when your eyes get dry vision gets blurry). My only complaint is I was waiting around a lot on my surgery day and even more on the day of my consult. For the most part I found all the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Van der sweep us awesome. As he did my eye LASIK surgery. He explained ever single step I was going through during the procedure without missing a beat. It was like he was right beside me seeing what I was seeing and experiencing what I was experiencing. The LASIK staff are friendly , knowledgable and easy to talk too.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Van der Zweep spent considerable time explaining Cataract Surgery and the probable outcome I would experience (age 74) as well as describing what sensations I would feel during the operation. Maybe he overprepared me because I expected at least some pain. There was none. The first operation was done 3 days before Easter and the last thing he did was give me his private cell phone number in case I needed any help over the long weekend. Needless to say I did not need it. I have since had the other eye done. The results are far better than I expected, just unbelievable. If you are on the fence about getting eye surgery I urge you to consult with Dr. Van der Zweep. You wont get a sales pitch and his staff are excellent and show respect for all patients. You can get a free consultation from him at 894-2020. Your vision is priceless. Alda.

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

DOCTOR vANdER zWEEP AS PERFORm cataract in my left eye ,,my vision is coming along fine, He is a very pleasant Dr.and very polite i give him a 10 from Ross dubois St pierre,MB very knowledgelable

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

It was an awsome experience! Would recomend to everybody! Dr. John van der Zweep was understanding and very gentle. He was able to explain the procedure with great detail which was a great comfor to me! The surgery painless and I was healed quickly. The Doctor is top rated by my standards

Submitted Nov. 17, 2011 | flag

Doctor Van der Zweep is a very kind, compassionate doctor who showed a level of care and kindness that I will never forget as our daughter was going into surgery. The whole experience was made better because of this doctor.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

I was referred on an emergency basis via Misericordia. Dr. Van de Zweep was very professional and easy to talk to. He explained everything and did many tests. I'm going back in 3 weeks and he apologized in advance that there may be a wait which I appreciated. Having dealt with another ophthalmologist in the past, I'm happy to continue on with this dr.

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Van Der Zweep was Great! The procedure was quick and painless. He took the time to explain every small detail of the surgery to help me feel as comfortable as possible. I recovered very quickly and could see in no time at all!! I LOVE IT! I now have better than 20/20 vision! Thanks Lasik MD :)

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag