Rate Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat

Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat's Ratings

I had neck herniation disk since 2005, I did not do the surgery recommended by Dr. Mutat and I always regret it, because he was right. I always scare of needle, surgery and even visiting Doctor's office. Recently I'm having lower back pain. I visit different GP and all of the fill me up with medication, but Dr. Mutat was the only one look at all my medical records, then all the previous test as well as his medical exam and I totally trust his recommendation, his diagnosis and his nonprofessional practice. In some of previous comment I read about waiting time in office and his irregular exam ... Just consider when he is not in the office or when he is late, he does not playing golf, he is in LionsGate Hospital and saving people's life. He knows what is the problem and what he need to look at it, in most medical clinic then start doing some exam to GUESS what is wrong but Dr. Mutat knows what is the problem and how to exam that. I remember previously he had secretary that could not handle the busy office but Debbie is the best office manager I ever seen. I know most of us going to Dr. Mutat's office when we have pain and we had no patience, but just visit 7th East floor in Lionsgate hospital, ask any nurse or talk to any patient about Dr. Mutat, he is the best neuro-surgent ever and we are so lucky to have him here in North Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Dr Mutat has been my Neurosurgeon for over a decade. With 2 very successful neck fusions I would highly recommend Dr Mutat. He is attentive, understanding and an extremely knowledgeable surgeon with whom I've put my trust in his advice over the years. Debbie is probably the best MOA I have ever encountered! For such a busy office she always makes the time to help and assist you. Feel grateful to have such a great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

I had to wait 90 minutes for my appointment. Dr. was arrogant and spoke of irrelevant matters for the first 20 minutes. After a poor history and even worse physical examination he used ridiculous analogies and advised I don't work, exercise, or play any sport of any kind and further commented not to bend or twist and my case wasn't surgical. The final 20 minutes of my visit was him lecturing me on my business model which he seemed very curious about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I had surgery on my neck twice by Dr. Mutat both were very successful! I am now from prince George but was raised and born in Vancouver. the lions gate hospital in my opinion is the best and has been for forty years or more! Thank You Debbie and Dr. Mutat!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I went to dr. Mutat for my back surgery. He was honest and very straight forward about the surgery. He explained the risks in full to me. I followed his instructions for recovery as well as the physiotherapist. I made a complete recovery with no side effects or pain. Since my surgery I have met 30 people who had the same surgery. Out of the 30 only 2 others had no back issues or pain. They also had Dr.Mutat as a surgeon. I read some of the reviews. Regardless of staff or punctuality that others may have issues with. His ability as a surgeon for me and 2 others I have met says he is well worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

At age 76 I cannot thank Dr. Mutat enough for giving me the ability to walk again. He has given me my independence back. Debbie is the best MOA's around she is always so kind, caring and patient. I cannot express my gratitude enough to them both.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2517706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Words cannot adequately express my gratitude and my sincere appreciation for the successful back-surgery Dr. Mutat have done for me. The surgery was 100% perfect. I am relieved from back pain which I have lived with for many years. The wonderful impact this has on my life will always remind me of Dr. Mutat's dedication and superb contribution he makes to his profession. Simply put, Dr. Mutat is one of the most brilliant , professional and sincere doctor I have ever met.

J.M.Hashim ( BA, M.Sc. , PhD ) West Vancouver- B.C. CANADA

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2498677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Plain and simple, this man saved my life. A mass was discovered in my brain in a rather dangerous and challenging spot to reach. Dr. Mutat monitored my health while in the hospital, did a lot of investigative work, and was communicating with other neurosurgeons around North America before deciding that surgery was the way to go. He was able to completely remove the mass without disrupting anything else. He might not come across as having the best bedside manner, but he really knows what he's doing, and when it comes to such major surgeries, that means a lot more to me than his communication style. If you get this man as a neurosurgeon while something so serious and scary is going on for you, you can relax a little knowing you are in good hands. I can't properly express all the gratitude I have for Dr. Mutat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Mutat has always been there for me when I've had severe back pain, and I am speaking as a retired nurse. His knowledge of pain medications has helped me each time. He and his staff have booked my back steroid injections asap. When I was in hospital recently, Dr. Mutat became part of the medical team very quickly. His office staff have always been helpful also, and it has amazed me how they recognize my voice when it's been weeks or months since I had called them. I would recommend Dr. Mutat to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

We went to see him because my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumour but all we heard from the receptionist and other patients is talk about carpal tunnel and rotator cuff surgeries. We want a neurosurgeon, not a general surgeon! Once we got in to his office, which was 45 minutes after we arrived even after we were told that if we come in early and show up between 2:00 & 2:30 we would get right in, he did not ask relevant questions and any time we brought up a symptom, he would dismiss it immediately. We mentioned another issue that had been found during the scans and asked him about that, he said he did not have the scan and would have to go look at it which we took to mean he would go to the other room, but he put on his jacket and walked across to the hospital leaving us in his office for 15+ minutes. His office looks like something out of Mad Men. We will definitely not be going back to see him and luckily we have been referred to a new surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048108].votes_count ]]