You may also like

Rate Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat

Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat's Ratings

I am an elderly patient (77) of Dr.Mutat and I required a lower back fusion. Dr.Mutat is an outstanding neurosurgeon who gave me solid confidence in the outcome of my impending surgery. His explanation of what was to be done in my operation was clear and concise. He referred to possible negative side-effects, but he was compassionate and encouraging.
On the day of the surgery he was welcoming and positive and after recovery and transfer to a ward, his visit once again gave me confidence.
I believe I was in the hands of a brilliant surgeon, who I would unreservedly recommend to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2832365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr Mutat is a living national treasure for our country. After diagnosing my wife from an MRI who was in constant crippling pain down into her legs, he fused two neck vertebrae but noted that, depending on the outcome, a second operation might be necessary. The operation was successful in dealing with pain caused by the neck vertebrae. But there remained additional pain caused by deterioration in her lower back so a second operation was done. Now some seven months since the second operation my wife is without pain most of the time and walking around without assistance - nothing short of a miracle for us. Thank you once again Dr. Mutat. By the way, Dr. Mutat's Assistant Debbie is number one as well - always cheerful, patient and focused on getting you your appointment and operation date as soon as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I've been a patient for over 8 years.. I'm so grateful I had Dr. Mutat perform two major surgeries and 2 carpal tunnel procedures. I'm recovering very well from the surgery I had mid January, the incision healed beautifully and I'm starting to walk and move freely again. I cannot rate this doctor and his assistant Debbie any higher. The folks that have logged their negative comments, must have personalities that match, are constant complainers and belly achers. One's health is first the responcibility one takes themselves. If you do not care for yourself, excersise, eat properly and do what is recommended by your health care provider, you can not expect to get a quick fix of a pill, or injection, or think you can get surgery the next week to undo the harm or problems that have happened over the years. I know that I am blessed and super lucky to have had Dr. Mutat's experience and surgical expertise. I entered into the surgery with the utmost confindence and am doing super well a few weeks later ( following instructions to the letter). My husband had concerns and worries that I was having the particular surgery I had as he , a lawyer doing accident injury claims, had many clients that did not fair well with similar or lesser surgeries. He is beyond amazed and grateful that my surgery went so well and that I am able to do what I am doing in such a short time. May this recover continue.. I respect this specialist and can only add, if you really need a neurosurgeon, you'll be lucky to be under his care. Debbie is sweet heart as well, and she takes staples out like a pro ( no pain).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I had neck herniation disk since 2005, I did not do the surgery recommended by Dr. Mutat and I always regret it, because he was right. I always scare of needle, surgery and even visiting Doctor's office. Recently I'm having lower back pain. I visit different GP and all of the fill me up with medication, but Dr. Mutat was the only one look at all my medical records, then all the previous test as well as his medical exam and I totally trust his recommendation, his diagnosis and his nonprofessional practice. In some of previous comment I read about waiting time in office and his irregular exam ... Just consider when he is not in the office or when he is late, he does not playing golf, he is in LionsGate Hospital and saving people's life. He knows what is the problem and what he need to look at it, in most medical clinic then start doing some exam to GUESS what is wrong but Dr. Mutat knows what is the problem and how to exam that. I remember previously he had secretary that could not handle the busy office but Debbie is the best office manager I ever seen. I know most of us going to Dr. Mutat's office when we have pain and we had no patience, but just visit 7th East floor in Lionsgate hospital, ask any nurse or talk to any patient about Dr. Mutat, he is the best neuro-surgent ever and we are so lucky to have him here in North Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2676515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Dr Mutat has been my Neurosurgeon for over a decade. With 2 very successful neck fusions I would highly recommend Dr Mutat. He is attentive, understanding and an extremely knowledgeable surgeon with whom I've put my trust in his advice over the years. Debbie is probably the best MOA I have ever encountered! For such a busy office she always makes the time to help and assist you. Feel grateful to have such a great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

I had to wait 90 minutes for my appointment. Dr. was arrogant and spoke of irrelevant matters for the first 20 minutes. After a poor history and even worse physical examination he used ridiculous analogies and advised I don't work, exercise, or play any sport of any kind and further commented not to bend or twist and my case wasn't surgical. The final 20 minutes of my visit was him lecturing me on my business model which he seemed very curious about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I had surgery on my neck twice by Dr. Mutat both were very successful! I am now from prince George but was raised and born in Vancouver. the lions gate hospital in my opinion is the best and has been for forty years or more! Thank You Debbie and Dr. Mutat!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2632146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I went to dr. Mutat for my back surgery. He was honest and very straight forward about the surgery. He explained the risks in full to me. I followed his instructions for recovery as well as the physiotherapist. I made a complete recovery with no side effects or pain. Since my surgery I have met 30 people who had the same surgery. Out of the 30 only 2 others had no back issues or pain. They also had Dr.Mutat as a surgeon. I read some of the reviews. Regardless of staff or punctuality that others may have issues with. His ability as a surgeon for me and 2 others I have met says he is well worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

At age 76 I cannot thank Dr. Mutat enough for giving me the ability to walk again. He has given me my independence back. Debbie is the best MOA's around she is always so kind, caring and patient. I cannot express my gratitude enough to them both.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2517706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Words cannot adequately express my gratitude and my sincere appreciation for the successful back-surgery Dr. Mutat have done for me. The surgery was 100% perfect. I am relieved from back pain which I have lived with for many years. The wonderful impact this has on my life will always remind me of Dr. Mutat's dedication and superb contribution he makes to his profession. Simply put, Dr. Mutat is one of the most brilliant , professional and sincere doctor I have ever met.

J.M.Hashim ( BA, M.Sc. , PhD ) West Vancouver- B.C. CANADA