Rate Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat

Dr. Abdurrazag Mutat's Ratings

I went to dr. Mutat for my back surgery. He was honest and very straight forward about the surgery. He explained the risks in full to me. I followed his instructions for recovery as well as the physiotherapist. I made a complete recovery with no side effects or pain. Since my surgery I have met 30 people who had the same surgery. Out of the 30 only 2 others had no back issues or pain. They also had Dr.Mutat as a surgeon. I read some of the reviews. Regardless of staff or punctuality that others may have issues with. His ability as a surgeon for me and 2 others I have met says he is well worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

At age 76 I cannot thank Dr. Mutat enough for giving me the ability to walk again. He has given me my independence back. Debbie is the best MOA's around she is always so kind, caring and patient. I cannot express my gratitude enough to them both.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Words cannot adequately express my gratitude and my sincere appreciation for the successful back-surgery Dr. Mutat have done for me. The surgery was 100% perfect. I am relieved from back pain which I have lived with for many years. The wonderful impact this has on my life will always remind me of Dr. Mutat's dedication and superb contribution he makes to his profession. Simply put, Dr. Mutat is one of the most brilliant , professional and sincere doctor I have ever met.

J.M.Hashim ( BA, M.Sc. , PhD ) West Vancouver- B.C. CANADA

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2498677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Plain and simple, this man saved my life. A mass was discovered in my brain in a rather dangerous and challenging spot to reach. Dr. Mutat monitored my health while in the hospital, did a lot of investigative work, and was communicating with other neurosurgeons around North America before deciding that surgery was the way to go. He was able to completely remove the mass without disrupting anything else. He might not come across as having the best bedside manner, but he really knows what he's doing, and when it comes to such major surgeries, that means a lot more to me than his communication style. If you get this man as a neurosurgeon while something so serious and scary is going on for you, you can relax a little knowing you are in good hands. I can't properly express all the gratitude I have for Dr. Mutat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Mutat has always been there for me when I've had severe back pain, and I am speaking as a retired nurse. His knowledge of pain medications has helped me each time. He and his staff have booked my back steroid injections asap. When I was in hospital recently, Dr. Mutat became part of the medical team very quickly. His office staff have always been helpful also, and it has amazed me how they recognize my voice when it's been weeks or months since I had called them. I would recommend Dr. Mutat to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

We went to see him because my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumour but all we heard from the receptionist and other patients is talk about carpal tunnel and rotator cuff surgeries. We want a neurosurgeon, not a general surgeon! Once we got in to his office, which was 45 minutes after we arrived even after we were told that if we come in early and show up between 2:00 & 2:30 we would get right in, he did not ask relevant questions and any time we brought up a symptom, he would dismiss it immediately. We mentioned another issue that had been found during the scans and asked him about that, he said he did not have the scan and would have to go look at it which we took to mean he would go to the other room, but he put on his jacket and walked across to the hospital leaving us in his office for 15+ minutes. His office looks like something out of Mad Men. We will definitely not be going back to see him and luckily we have been referred to a new surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I find it difficult to reconcile rating of this doctor and his office, although concede it may have been before he changed secretaries. For a specialist, I find him to be very thorough and attentive. Regarding his secretary/receptionist 'Debbie', she is a sweetheart and always cheerful despite an obviously very busy office! It must be hard to get a positive rating in this very negative world!! Kudos to Dr. Mutat and to Debbie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

This Dr. is very careless and his receptionist is arrogant and careless as well. I called them 12 times to just confirm my appointment but nobody answered to my phone call and even nobody returned to my voice message. Mutat also recommended me an injection for my sciatica pain but after more than 2 month I am still waiting for them to give me this injection. I won't waste my time and my health with him anymore.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1048106].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 25, 2012

This is an excellent surgeon. I have had a cervical discectomy and fusion performed by this surgeon with great results. I have a lot of respect and confidence in him. He is not too quick to recommend surgery. He tries all other options first. His office assistant is incredible. She is very nice and friendly. She handles the extremely busy office very well. She is very caring and answers all of my questions. Every doctor and nurse I talk to says very good things about Dr Mutat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2011

I do not know if I have dealt with different staff that the ones mentioned in other reviews but I have no complaints. The receptionist has been very nice to me and helpful as well. I have been seeing Dr. Mutat for chronic headaches and I have found him much mmore helpful and knowledgeable than other neurologists and neurosurgeons I have seen in the last couple years. He actually examined and talked to me rather than just reading my file in front of me and then telling me his opinion after I travelled 100's of miles to see them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1048104].votes_count ]]