Dr. Dan E. Goldschlag

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Dan E. Goldschlag has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Dan" to "Dan E."
RID: 2705019
10/07/13 5 3 4 5 Dr. Goldschlag is wonderful! He's a kind, soft spoken man with the best bedside manner. I know he's crazed - that place is so busy - but he still takes the time to listen and answer your questions. He explains complicated things in a way that's easy to understand. I have been in his care for almost a year and a half and would highly recommend him to potential patients. I am about to start another fresh cycle and I am confident that Dr. Goldschlag will help me achieve my goal. CRMI's professionalism and care is unmatched. His nurse (Jamie) is phenomenal. His assistant Shanice is also very nice. They always return calls promptly. I have had to wait over my appointment time one a few occasions, but in the end the care I am receiving is worth it.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2682343
18/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Goldschlag is a miracle worker!!! I went into see him thinking I may never have my own children due to endometriosis, thankfully my IVF was a success! he was amazing and answered all my questions, i never felt rushed. My husband and I are now pregnant with twins! we feel so blessed that we found him. He is an angel in my book ;-) don't waste time with anyone else...if you want your own child go to him! the best RE around!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2676144
11/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goldschlag is one the of best doctors I have ever met him my life. He spent the most time a doctor ever spent with me to explain everything in detail and answer all of my questions. I cannot say enough good things about him! My procedure went PERFECTLY. I am forever thankful to him and his staff.
RID: 2638646
02/05/13 5 4 5 5 Love. Love. Love this Doctor and his staff! I had such a painful HSG test (not his fault, they are all painful) that I was sobbing and he waited for me to get dressed and gave me a huge hug. His assistants are sweet, Helpful and knowledgeable and funny...they definitely know how to make a painful situation easier to deal with. Goldschlag does every test himself and calls back right away with results. I cannot say enough about Dr. G. I am glad I found him before going anywhere else. He is an amazing doctor and a truly caring individual. As for the negative comments, I would never ever want to deal with some of the insane personalities that troll the UES of manhattan, but Dr. G and his staff handle all with grace and respect.
Respond

19/08/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2383690
24/07/12 4 5 5 5 I am in the middle of an IUI cycle and a patient of Dr Goldshlag. I have found him to be an excellent doctor. I completely trust him. I found him after a terribe experience at Columbia. They misdiagnosed me with closed tubes and almost performed surgery. Goldshlag, unlike other doctors, runs all his own tests and has done all the screening himself through this process. That is what I consider to be professionalism! I have found the office to be punctual and professional. This includes his assistants. Yes they are all busy and sometimes not as personal as one might want. However, one must take into consideration that Cornell is one of the best fertility treatment centers in the country, which also makes them one of the busiest. I am extremely happy with my doctor and more than satisfied with the center. I am confident that I will eventually become pregnant with the help of Goldshlag. I Highly recommend him!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2249641
14/06/12 5 5 5 5 We only went to our first appointment with Doctor Goldschlag. We are having our second this week. He is SO nice and explained everything to us extremely clearly. Shanice is a DOLL!! She spent HOURS on the phone with our insurance and making sure everything is ok. She called me up to find out how our Seman Analysis went in a different doctors office. I didn't think she remembered me and yet she called ME to make sure we were ok. I was blown away! Doctor Goldschlag office and staff are both friendly and proffesional. they came highly recommended to us and so far we are thrilled!! Thank you!
RID: 1721714
24/02/12 5 4 5 5 I disagree with the comments below. Shanise has been nothing but nice to us... She understands the stressful situation that everyone is under. Dealing with people whose hormones levels are outside of anything average must not be easy... Dr Goldshlag is great. We are in the process of doing our first IVF with him.Hoping for the best!
RID: 1670992
28/12/11 3 3 4 5 Doctor Goldschlag is knowledgeable and smart. Unfortunately I agree with the last reviewer, Shanize, his assistant is terrible, she is very aggressive and has no patience. Shelina (the other one) is just all together useless. I really don't know how Dr. G trusts them. I wish he had nicer and better assistants.
RID: 1547904
27/09/11 4 3 4 5 Great Doctor, but if you go for IVF be ready that is done by any doctor in the center. You mostly see doctor G. only for consultation. I strongly disagree with previous comment that his assistant SHANISE is sweetheart. She is very rude, dominant and without any compassion. She does not belong to the infertility center. IVF process is hard enough, no need to deal with arrogant assistant. Anyway it is great center, everything is new, but if you do not have Oxford or United infertility coverage, for IVF you have to pay out-of-pocket. Look for the center that takes your insurance  Respond
RID: 1539517
16/09/11 4 4 5 5 After trying 3 other infertility Drs before him, Dan Goldschag helped us get pregnant with IVF on the first try--now we're expecting twins! He is kind, knowledgable, and patient with questions. He performed surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus before IVF and the procedure and recovery were seamless. HIGHLY recommend him and Cornell for infertility. I never had a bruise on my arms from the frequent blood tests during IVF and nearly every person on the staff was warm and friendly (and they have a huge staff). His assistant Shanise is A SWEETHEART and despite managing his busy practice, she never made me feel like a number. HIGHLY recommend Dr. G! Don't go anywhere else! It's pricey but WORTH IT! (And if you have Oxford or United infertility coverage, you will pay very little out-of-pocket.)
RID: 1462782

12/06/11 1 1 1 1 Dr. Goldschlag was the first RE I visited. Upon arrival he told me my condition was likely a minor hormonal issue but ordered a full workout anyway. The first step an HSG. The test was very painful but when he finished he told me my tubes were 'totally clear.' So you can imagine my horror two weeks later when he told my husband and I that both sides were blocked--he also began aggressively pressing us to have IVF. We felt very rushed through our final consult and left completely confused. I have no respect for this doctor at all and wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy.  See Responses
RID: 1290236
09/11/10 5 4 5 5 Amazing Dr. He's smart, attentive and caring. Tries different routes to lead to to pregnancy. Call backs are delivered the same day as blood tests, questions are answered too. I highly recommend this Dr. Staff is great.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 1237066
25/08/10 2 3 5 5 This man is a genious. What RE actually calls you himself to tell you what to do the next day?? Dont go anywhere or to anyone else-I am preg on my first ivf attempt with him, because he looks at your stuff HIMSELF each night. Dont waste your time anywhere else-I did and I am sorry-only negative is they hardly take any insurance, and its pricy.  Respond
RID: 1203531
07/07/10 5 5 5 5 WE HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE MIRACULOUS AND MODEST HANDS DR GOLDSCHLAG WORKS WITH. HE IS THE MOST SYMPATHETIC AND KIND DR WE HAVE BEEN TO. ALWAYS POSITIVE AND FULL OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR ANYONE IN NEED OF THIS CLINIC THERE IS NONE LIKE IT. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL. WE LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!!
RID: 1084903
20/01/10 5 4 5 5 I won't say much since everything said before is true. Dr. Goldsclag is as good as it gets. He is caring, professional, knowledgeable and most importantly he sees the patients interest above everything else. The Cornell stuff and system together with Dr. Goldsclag is just THE place for infertility treatment. Don't even consider anyone else.
RID: 1076448
13/01/10 3 5 5 5 Best Doctor in the world. Does not treat you like a number like most infertility clinics and all cornell doctors on the team are awesome because you don't just seen him even if he is your doctor. But do love Dr. Goldshlag. Hope to see him in a few years with baby number 2
RID: 1047053
01/12/09 5 4 5 5 THE BEST DOCTOR IN NEW YORK, Dr. Goldschlag and his staff are professional and brilliant! Everyone was a pleasure to deal with... they answered calls and questions promptly and I never felt rushed or like a number. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE
RID: 1015654
22/10/09 1 5 5 5 Very goood doctor. Would recomend to anyone who is looking for infertility treatment. His staff is not as great, don't follow up with you or really help, but the doctor is great.
RID: 998845
29/09/09 5 5 5 5 VERY NICE STAFF AND EXCELLENT DOCTOR SHOWED SYMPATHY WITH US THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE TIME THAT WE WERE DOING INFERTILITY TREATMENT, WE WOULD RECOMEND HIM TO ANY ONE WHO WE KNOW THAT NEEDS INFERTILITY TRATMENTS TO TRY DR. GOLDSHLAG , AND WE THANK HIM FOR THE WAY HE TREATED US
RID: 693201
29/09/08 4 4 5 5 I love love love this doctor!! After 4 failed IVF tries at a long island clinic, he made my dreams come true with twins, at Cornell. Wished I would of went to him sooner. Ladies, dont waste your time anywhere else, Cornell is the place!
RID: 390464
22/08/07 4 4 4 5 good... found a mistake my previous gyn lacked to see.....he specializes in infertility... make sure when you see him you at least do your own research so you know what he is recommending you... unfortunately his office should be more informative in following through with their patients regarding insurance companies weils cornell college has drop... went for my ivf follow up visit and found out he no longer took my insurance and they charged me a fee.....
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $8000
RID: 369370
18/07/07 5 5 5 5 Best Doctor ever. Extremely helpful, knowledgable, fantastic bedside manner. Unfortunately only specializes in fertility - would have loved to stay on as an OB patient.
* - Rating left by a registered user