Rate Dr. Charles Yu

Dr. Charles Yu's Ratings

Doctor. Charles Yu is very unprofessional he'll talk to other patients in the other room regarding your case. I CAME IN FROM OUT TOWN FOR EXAM & HE WAS TELLING THE OTHER PATIENT REGARDING MY CASE. I LEFT HE'S OFFICE VERY UNHAPPY. He's over price for his treatments. he is very old school. This doctor is out to gouge for money for unnecessary surgery. NOT RECOMMENDED!!! THE DOCTOR IS VERY OVERPRICED. HE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOW TO PRACTICED WITH SUCH MANNERS.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2013 | flag

very rude to staff, unprofessional, very old fart,the front staff are very polite & very helpful.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2013 | flag

Just the first appt was $430 for est. Dr Yu started a treatment for root scale (cleaning) and charged $1800 just for cleaning. It was 4 sessions but only 2 sessions for cleaning, he was there only in the last session. He started first session on November 2012 and the 4th one was on January 2013, just because the last session was after December 2012 he charged me $100 estra. I have (2) dental insurances which combined covered $1,400 (MAX) for this procedure. 3 months after the cleaning he scheduled a follow up appointment. My surprise was that they charged for the follow up appointment as it was a "periodontal surgery" to the insurances, just to get more money from them.. ..When I asked the receptionist why they are charging for a surgery she told me that it is common practice because my insurances won't cover a follow up appointment. This Dr. just want to take all the money he can..worst is that I still have the filling and the "treatment" did not improve it..:( Not recommended!!!!

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Beware - this doctor is out to gouge you. His estimate was rejected by Insurance company as OVERPRICED. I sought second opinion and found that Dr. Yu recommended an UNNECESSARY PROCEDURE. The problem was fixed using a less painful, less intrusive procedure at less than half the cost estimated by Dr. Yu. Second Problem is his staff who are rude and uncooperative. Because the insurance company rejected part of his examination fee claim as it was overpriced, I provided alternate insurance to cover the balance. Their staff neglected to place the secondary claim, then sent the bill to collection without contacting me at all.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2013 | flag

No doubt highly knowledgeable, but completely old school. Also have mixed emotions about his bedside manner.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

I got the feeling Dr. Yu was more interested in payment than treatment. It was not unusual to wait for more than an hour for appointments. Once, I actually found that the guy next to me in the waiting room had the same time as my appointment. My problem didn't go away until I moved to another periodontist. Agree with above reviews about unprofessionalism and lack of empathy.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2013 | flag

Because I am on a Government program that pays for services, there are a separate set of rules making us feel like second class

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

Dr. Yu was really nice, kind and gentle. He is really knowledge. He will explain the detail to me on what happen to my problem because I have the engineer background.:) All the staff working in the clinic are really friendly. They explained what was going to happen to me before hand, so that I could always mentally prepare for it. This is my first time visited this south gate office of Dr. Yu because my friend's referral. My experience with them was really greate. I would come back definately. I wish I started with them couple years earlier.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr Yu phenomenal. Good diagnostician, thorough, and quick. Reception's attitude is ok , professional sometimes abrupt but good at scheduling, accounting etc. Dental hygienist thorough, professional but little cold. She was however kind during procedure. Costly yes but probably compatible to other periodontists. Would highly recommend him. The procedure was quick and without pain. Is dedicated periodontists.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

This is possibly the worst dental experience of my life. Not only did I have to wait for over one hour just to be seen by a dentist that didn't even speak to me directly. Then some inefficient, untrained administrative person explains the procedure that I'm scheduled for and then asks for a deposit of $100 to book the appt. I never did have the procedure done but in the future if I need too - it most certainly won't be Dr. C. Yu.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2009 | flag