Dr. Beverley Cassidy

Rate Dr. Beverley Cassidy

Dr. Beverley Cassidy's Ratings

Excellent doctor. She helped my depression so much. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Cassidy appears to be her own staff, i.e., answers the phone, etc. She helped me get off a long-time addiction to Valium after taking only one a night over a period of 14-15 years for a neck problem. I attempted to stop taking Valium without medical advice, but ended up with rapid heart beat, and a host of internal and mental miseries. Over a period of months, with her expertise and patience, I am now totally free of it. I sleep much better, am relaxed normally, and am not suffering the odd minor delusion as previously. Thank you, Dr. Beverley Cassidy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

I went to Dr Cassidy in regards to being trans male. She helped me through the first few steps to get me in the right direction. The only reason I had stopped going was because of work obligations. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for someone that cares about their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Great doctor. She has helped me so much with my OCD and I am really grateful for her help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I started seeing Dr Cassidy about 8 months ago. I had been unable to find a Psyciatrist in the Valley area whom I trusted and felt comfortable with, since my move back to the Valley from Ottawa. I have struggled with Chronic Depression & Anxiety for half of my life. This lady is, in my opinion, an awesome Psychiatrist. Dr Cassidy has me on the right track to gaining back the happiness in life which has been missing for many years. She is kind, very knowledgeable, and is a master of the medication/therapy combination required to fight mental health issues. I cannot thank her enough for her sincere interest and understanding. Anyone seeking help with Mental Health issues will flourish with this Doctor's wealth of knowledge as long as they themselves are honest, sincere, and are trult wanting to improve or beat their Mental Health issues. Kudoos to Dr Beverley Cassidy. DF - New Minas, NS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I went to this lady a few times and then decided not to go back. I went for depression following my job loss. I found her uninterested in my point of view on my issues. She told me to leave my boyfriend. She was unresponsive when I brought up my recovery in a 12 step program. She made it clear that I would be billed over $100 dollars if I did not cancel an appointment on time. She was professional in manner, but cold and unresponsive. She gave my recommendations that my mother could have done. She didn't try to see who I really was.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Not to be to snarky to those with a negative opinion of Dr. Cassidy but, I am sincerely glad you are seeking treatment. Your viewpoint is your own but I must strongly disagree. I have been seeing Dr.Cassidy for a number of years and I am not only better but I am changing and growing with her advice and medications. If she had been all fluffy and all over me in the first few visits I'd have walked out the door. She waited for me to work at trusting her and letting my guard down. She has always returned my calls, worked appointments to my schedule and has gone out of her way to see me through other physical illnesses I am battling. She has called me at home to see how I am doing andI have never had that courtesy from any doctor of any kind. She is fnny, brilliant, patient,kind and lets me be free to be who I really am in front of her. I couldn't manage without her and I appreciate her more than she knows...Thanks Dr. Cassidy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Awesome doc. Really helped me with my panic disorder. Wish I'd seen her years ago. Also very kind. Can't say enough good about this doc,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2012

Sorry, but I must strongly disagree with the others. I saw her approx 5 times and she took absolutely no interest in me. She would make a few superficial recommendations advising me to join this or that group but made me feel that my depression was my own fault. I have had chronic depression since I was a child. I always felt belittled and very insigificant when I left her office and each visit was shorter - just a medication check really and her records were never accurate. I would never recommend her to anyone! A friend of mine sees her and says she likes her because she is cold and impersonal!! Okay, if you like cold and impersonal, she is waiting with open arms!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

She is professional, maintains confidentiality, listens, provides helpful counsel, allows questions, sets goals and helps patient achieve them, is willing to provide doctor's notes or medical certificates for insurance and other claims. Has a quiet, private, clean and pleasant office. Returns calls promptly. Schedules 3-4 appointments into future to suit your schedule. Will return calls from pharmacists who have questions. Doctor also allows immediate family members, or caregivers, and spouses time to ask questions and provide treatment plan when requested by patient. Is aware of patient's concern of being over-medicated. Keeps up to date with medication so that patients are given the best treatment plans. Encourages patients to call between appointments when necessary. If patients are admitted to hospitals (etc.), Doctor will call in regularly to be apprised of patient's condition. Will work with other health care professionals and send updates to family GP. Knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063113].votes_count ]]