Rate Dr. Munaa Kareemi

Dr. Munaa Kareemi's Ratings

I have had a really bad experience with this doctor, and will not be seeing him again. Doctor is NEVER on time. Last time waited over 1 hour and walked out of there disappointed. I was "supposed" to get a gastroscopy done in January 2014, I went to rockyview with my parents, and turns out he never did it, and I found out 11 months later. He told me that they could not do it because I reacted to sedation... now isnt that something you should tell the patient the day of the procedure? And instead once I woke up from the anaethtic I was told everything was fine. That was probably my worst experience. Other things he just kept doubling and tripling my doses for the medications he precribed me. And its ALWAYS diet change. I am unsure how many more adjustments I can make with my diet, there would be nothing left to eat. You wait forever to see these specialists and it turns out to be a waste of few years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

My problem of Achalasia (difficulty swallowing food/liquid) started in December, 2014. I was referred to ENT specialist to rule out any other possibilities. I was then refereed to GI specialsit but never heard anything from DOc's office. So, I went to emergency and I saw Dr. Kareemi there. Instead of doing Gastroscopy there right way as I was in so much pain, He decided to performed the scope on me as an outpatient after 2 months. After another 1.5 months, he gave me an appointment to see him at his office to discuss about options I have.
He looked very polite and nice throughout and he is intelligent for sure. But my problem worsened so much to the point that I had to go back to my country to perform the surgery right away and I informed to his office that I can't wait.
After coming back here, I called Dr. Kareemi's office to scheduled an appointment to see me as he was looking after my case. But he refused to see me saying that I got the surgery done in another country. Didn't understand it completely, because what if I immigrated here right after surgery? , that means no doctor in Canada can see me and I have to go to my home country every time? It was illogical answer.
My family doctor, really a gentleman, referred me to another GI specialist and talked to her about my situation and DR. Bailey agreed to see me and scheduled an appointment in a month or so.
Just before a scheduled appointment with her, she called to my family doctor to inform that she can't see me as she spoke to Dr. Kareemi and he told her that I yelled at him. I don't understand why Dr. Kareemi (Medical is such noble profession and doctors are respected as life giver) tells such a white lie to other doctor to prevent her to see the patient in pain? Really frustrated. It looks like he was not happy me going to abroad for surgery as he lost referral money or something? I don't know what was his intention to speak such a blatant lies.
I don't know what to do now. But planning to file complaint against both the doctors as they can't refuse to see patient as they are under oath. They can't play with lives of patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I feel very lucky to have Dr Kareemi as my Gastroenterologist and I know he is a very busy Dr. but he always takes the time to make sure everything is ok with me on my regular checkups and if not makes appointments for follow up tests etc. He always takes the time to answer any of my questions or concerns and to let me know I can call at anytime if I have a problem.
Punctuality in a Doctor's office should not even be considered unless you get into over an hour they are only one person trying to treat each patient as equally important. The Receptionist could be a little friendlier but other than that I like this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

During a terrible flare he told me I just was having regular diarrhea and that I just had to eat more.
I ended up being hospitalized for 3 weeks. Initial admittance was by the ER doc, who was shocked at my level of illness.
In addition, in the 5 years with Kareemi, I was never informed about the Crohn's Colitis Clinic in Calgary.
Responses such as "you have colitis, this is just how you have to live" are what reaffirmed my decision to find a new GI specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I actually requested to see Dr. Kareemi because of the high rating on this site. Unfortunately, my experience with him was negative. It's was tough to communicate with him because any questions I had were shot down. He doesn't like being questioned and I am to do as ordered without a discussion. There needs to be open dialogue between doctor and patient. Munaa is very aggressive and rude. It did come to a point of abuse and I'm sure the rest of the office could hear that his voice was raised. He sees too many patients making the quality of help very poor. He has zero compassion and just sees my case as another number.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

From the first time I visited with Dr.Kareemi I felt totally at ease. He is the most polite & friendliest man and it would be very difficult to say anything but good things about him.I am so happy to have him as my Gastoenteroligist and feel totally safe putting my health in his hands.If it weren't so forward I would give him a big hug every time I see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I absolute love Dr. Kareemi. He is the very best. He is so down to earth and tireless in seeing his patients. His assistant Gloria is especially kind, thoughtful and always a smile on her face.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

Very kind and understanding. Explains the ailment in detail and with patience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

Dr. Kareemi is a wonderful doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. I've been working with him for almost 5 years now, and he has always been incredible. I count myself extremely lucky to have received a referral to this wonderful man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2011

Dr. Kareemi cares! Very kind and very helpful. Kindness is as important as the treatment. Dr. Kareemi is a master of both.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064845].votes_count ]]