Dr. Munaa Kareemi

Rate Dr. Munaa Kareemi

Dr. Munaa Kareemi's Ratings

During a terrible flare he told me I just was having regular diarrhea and that I just had to eat more. I ended up being hospitalized for 3 weeks. Initial admittance was by the ER doc, who was shocked at my level of illness. In addition, in the 5 years with Kareemi, I was never informed about the Crohn's Colitis Clinic in Calgary. Responses such as "you have colitis, this is just how you have to live" are what reaffirmed my decision to find a new GI specialist.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

I actually requested to see Dr. Kareemi because of the high rating on this site. Unfortunately, my experience with him was negative. It's was tough to communicate with him because any questions I had were shot down. He doesn't like being questioned and I am to do as ordered without a discussion. There needs to be open dialogue between doctor and patient. Munaa is very aggressive and rude. It did come to a point of abuse and I'm sure the rest of the office could hear that his voice was raised. He sees too many patients making the quality of help very poor. He has zero compassion and just sees my case as another number.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

From the first time I visited with Dr.Kareemi I felt totally at ease. He is the most polite & friendliest man and it would be very difficult to say anything but good things about him.I am so happy to have him as my Gastoenteroligist and feel totally safe putting my health in his hands.If it weren't so forward I would give him a big hug every time I see him.

Submitted April 17, 2013 | flag

I absolute love Dr. Kareemi. He is the very best. He is so down to earth and tireless in seeing his patients. His assistant Gloria is especially kind, thoughtful and always a smile on her face.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2012 | flag

Very kind and understanding. Explains the ailment in detail and with patience.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kareemi is a wonderful doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. I've been working with him for almost 5 years now, and he has always been incredible. I count myself extremely lucky to have received a referral to this wonderful man!

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kareemi cares! Very kind and very helpful. Kindness is as important as the treatment. Dr. Kareemi is a master of both.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

After three years of suffering due to issues from laporascopic gall bladder sugery performed by a surgeon in St. Albert, I got an appointment with Dr Kareemi this week. His secretary made the arrangements and was wonderful. I was up in Calgary on business so the quick visit was perfect. I have seen a lot of doctors over the last three years and he really has put my faith back in the medical profession. Finally I see some light at the end of the tunnel (after over two months on a fluid diet and no end in sight). The news is not necessarilly the best but he was truthful and honest about my condition and has given me hope to move forward. He is honest without being blunt. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone even with my brief visit.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kareemi was personable, respectful and thorough. Particularly for a specialist! Good doctor.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

Been Going to him 2yrs now and I think he is the best doc. I call him and have an apt asap. He doesnt waste time with me at all. He understands when I am down because all my options are failing but still does the best he can for me. And he knew my fave doc from back home Dr Macsween...

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag