Rate Dr. Stanley B. Chung

Dr. Stanley B. Chung's Ratings

Doctor Chung delivered me. I've been in his care for 18 years since I was an infant. To be honest I didn't feel uncomfortable until he examined my breasts and below. Those "uncomfortable" exams were done every time I came for a check up since 12. I'm too naive to know whether or not those exams were necessary because I always told myself that it's for my own health. Towards Dr. Chung I have feelings of family and admiration for his gentleness and knowledge. In my opinion the breast and pelvic exams were perhaps too many but you should speak up to him if you don't feel it is necessary. Not like wait till he's already retired to give emotional testimonies. I guess other people have worse experiences than me. I'm still sad about this news though and what some people have went through.

Submitted April 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chung had been my family doctor for 20 years. He is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen. My entire family don't mind the distance coming to see him even though we had moved farther away from his office. He is very professional every time I saw him and I had never felt uneasy every time he gave me the pelvic or breast exams. I never felt any pressure from him. I am really saddened and deeply grieved for the recent allegations against him. He is an awesome doctor with dignity and integrity whom can never be replaced. I don't believe any one in his/her right mind would continue seeing the same doctor if he/she was abused or pressured by the doctor. OHIP allows all residents to change family doctor whenever they want to. Therefore, I don't understand why did those patients who accused Dr. Chung kept coming back to see him for 20+ years if they believed they had been abused. I hope the judges see the real motives of those people and give Dr. Chung a fair trial.

Submitted April 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chung was my family's physician for over 30 years. He delivered me and my brother as well as my niece and nephews. When I would go for my appointments I was always welcomed well both by his previous secretary, Nancy, and by his wife. I always arrived on time or earlier and always greeted them graciously and with respect, and I received that treatment back. Dr. Chung was always knowledgeable, patient, and understanding to all my questions and needs. I am deeply grieved for the recent allegations against him. The women of my family that were treated by him never experienced these allegations of misconduct and malpractice, as from their own accounts. I certainly hope the truth is uncovered, and I sincerely hope that these allegations aren't some sick plot to seek some revenge upon him for whatever twisted reason, or to squeeze some sort of settlement out of him. Regardless of what happens, he will always be seen as a person of great character and integrity within my family.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chung has been my family physician for 30 years, he actually delivered me. I'm very shocked (& saddened) to see the allegations against him. As a female, yes i agree he DID always try to give pelvic exams (especially when I started birth control), he only prescribed 3 months MAX at a time, and if i needed a refill- he insisted i needed a pap since cancer runs in my family. He also put me on EffexorXR (a terrible anti-depressant) and refused to help me get off. To this day, I'm on it. The pelvic exams, YES, he has also "rubbed" my thigh whenever i twitched to calm me down, and has done my bra back up after an exam. I guess I was naive, this was what i had been used to my whole life. Also, I have to agree with every single comment about Mrs. Chung- most MISERABLE human being ever. My entire family hated her, she was always so rude and unhappy. This whole thing makes me sad, I dont know what to say.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

Prior to moving north, I was under Dr. Stanley Chung's care for about five years. He provided great care and I was impressed he took the time to listen and patiently respond. To this day, Dr. Chung is my baseline for high quality care and unfortunately, many doctors I've seen due not stack up! Administration from Nancy and Mrs. Chung was professional. Mrs. Chung always welcomed me with a smile and we had great conversations.

Submitted March 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chung was the only doctor I had until his recent retirement. In light of some of the allegations of sexual misconduct, I have asked myself whether I had a similar experience. My honest conclusion is “I don’t think so” and because I am not absolutely sure, I will refrain from marring his reputation. Mrs. Chung however was one of the moodiest and most obnoxious persons I have met. I used to wonder what it was about me that she did not like until one day I was in the lab downstairs and overheard two of Dr. Chung’s other female patients talking about their encounters with her. She was not at all focused on being an efficient assistant; she filed away critical test results that should have been brought to her husband’s attention for urgent follow-up with patients. This would never have happened back in the days when Nancy was his secretary. She was so consumed with protecting her husband that in the end she showed herself to be a callous and incompetent secretary and a shameful wife.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2012 | flag

I was only 16 when I first went to Dr. Chung. I didn't know any better. At every visit, Dr. Chung would require a pelvic exam. Once I reached 24(married and pregnant)I realized that what he was doing was wrong. So, I stopped going. I am now 48. I thought it was my mind playing games. Then I got talking to my sister who said she had experienced the same thing. It now confirms that I was right. I only hope that more people come forward to complain. I say better late then never. There were other things that the doctor did that I prefer not to think about or talk about. Some of you ladies out there know what I'm talking about. This is my first step in dealing with it.

Submitted July 22, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Chung for over 37 yrs. I just called his office to make an appointment and was surprised to find-out that he has resigned. I am very saddened and disappointed and will miss him and his knowledge. He is a great doctor. However, I will not miss his wife and was rude and had no manners.

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

He's my doctor for over 25 years. I'm always waiting in his office for over 1-1/2 hours before I get to see him. Once you are in his office, you will get his undivided attention. I have first hand experience with the negative feedback on his wife. She runs the office with a strick army boot camp. Her mood is unpredicable so it is best not to confront her.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

CPSO INFORMATION:Allegations of Dr. Stanley Bo-Shui Chung's professional misconduct have been referred to the Discipline Committee of the College. It is alleged that Dr. Chung engaged in disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional conduct and/or sexual impropriety with Patient A, through various actions included but not limited to: performing excessive pelvic, rectal and breast examinations upon Patient A, assisting Patient A in removing her underwear, handing Patient A her underwear, offering to assist in fastening her bra, remaining in the room while Patient A disrobed, failing to provide Patient A with a cover sheet and touching Patient A's thigh in an inappropriate manner.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2011 | flag