Rate Dr. Barry Breger

Dr. Barry Breger's Ratings

I'm 55 and I've been thru the gambit w/hospital MD's and got no where. I saw Barry and he started me on HRT. Hormone replacement therapy. The difference is night and day. All my labs were in range but at the bottom. Regular endocrinologists would say I'm fine, but they don't listen to symptoms. Barry listens to symptoms and says labs don't tell the whole story. BTW, $140. for 45 min appoint is not bad for private consultation. I now have more energy, I think clearly as my cognitive skills have improved immensely. I'm much calmer and stress has disappeared. I feel like I did 20 years ago. Yes he likes to talk but if you read between the lines well, he's trying to get something across to you. I chose him because I thought I had thyroid issues... however he treated all my hormones. Now life is great. Thanks Barry!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1068829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

I find Dr Breger to be excellent. My greatest reason for giving him five stars is that he listens. I am highly informed about my own thyroid and adrenal issues (I have HAD to be - my experience of thyroid treatment by doctors before Dr Breger ranged from inadequate and uninformed to arrogant and downright damaging)and I was looking for a doctor who took my own views and experience into account. This means a doctor who was prepared to look at the clinical picture of my health instead of just my lab numbers, and actually work with me and my body. As far as I can see, if you are open to trying natural thyroid replacement, there is no other doctor in Montreal who will help you. It's a whole mindset with doctors - do they do what's best for their patients, or do they stick to narrow treatment protocols whether they work or not? So only if your own mindset is towards taking responsibility for your health, educating yourself and finding a good medical partner, Dr Breger is for you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1068828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2012

I went to Dr. Breger out of desperation for what I suspected were thyroid issues. I agree with what others have said here: he's a nice guy, but he doesn't seem to know much, and yes, be prepared to listen to his stories while the clock ticks away. Seeing him is extremely costly, especially when you take into account the medications and supplements. I would not recommend him except for basic diet counselling, which you can get with many other naturopaths for MUCH cheaper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

PAID FOR NOTHING !TRY AND GET AN APPOINTMENT ! THEY WILL TRY AND PUT YOU WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

I went to Dr.Breger about my thyroid conversion issue. I was very disappointed that he did not have any expertise about thyroid difficulties that he first claimed. To make matters even more difficult, when I had material about conversion issues, he was very closed about it and very insecure to explore deeper and possibly help me. Dr. Breger expertise is more for very simple and straightforward ailments, not for those that require some investigation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I worked with this doctor for over 5 years at an old folks home and every time he was available. Also cured one of my patient that had severe cancerous lump with his vitamins. I personally though that his method was very homeopathic and i was skeptical but after seeing the results he proved me wrong. Thanks to his ways

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr. Breger recognizes the signs medical conditions during his examinations that many doctors tend to miss and he follows through with tests to confirm a correct diagnosis. Dr. Breger listens to the patient. This is a rare thing with today's doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

Dr Breger is an excellent doctor for INFORMED patients who wish to take charge of their care. I know exactly what's wrong with me: I have every symptom of hypothryroidism, every single one, but my lab results come back "low normal" so other doctors say "oh it's not that" and put me on more iron. I don't have anemia, just low ferritin! I did some google research and chose Dr. Breger because I knew he'd listen and prescribe me the meds I felt I needed after doing my research and guess what? I lost 50 lbs, was able to get pregnant again finally, and feel fantastic! Don't bother going to him if you're unsure but if you're like me, and like to take charge and have doctors help you rather than lead you, he's great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2010

Dr Breger is a really nice guy but he's not a very good doctor, in my opinion. Example: Instead of starting low with thyroid hormones and then increase as needed, he started me on far, far too much which made me hyperthyroid for months on end. He will leave it up to the patient to adjust their thyroid hormones according to how their body feels. But for a mature woman who is menopausal and has multiple health issues at the same time this is NOT a helpful approach. I needed closer attention paid to lab results which he did not seem to do. Frankly, if you have something other than a straightforward ailment I don't think Dr Breger is good enough. Also, be prepared to listen to some of his stories while your time $$ is ticking away. And he IS forgetful and scattered. Nice enough as a person though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2010

Dr. Breger was a doctor we went to as a last resort after multple episodes of a debilitating syndrome. We were impressed with his sincerity and willingness to discuss with us. He unfortunately does not practice proper medicine as he ignored to treat or diagnose further cardiac palpatations, weight loss and significant skin ulcers. The thyroid medicaton he prescribed masked a severe autoimmune disease which was treated successfully by reliable MD`s at the MGH. Talking to 5 of his patients, we discovered that he prescribes almost the exact same medications for each. I don`t think that so many different problems should be treated by the same regimen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068821].votes_count ]]