Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

Rate Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

Dr. Geoffrey Dervin's Ratings

Dr. Dervin evaluated and suggested a surgery for a meniscus tear in my right knee. I was in a difficult position, training for Boston Marathon on April 21st, Surgery date was March 7th. Surgery was bit more complicated due to extra tear behind. After drilling four holes in my knee and fixing what had to be fixed, I had fast recovery and was able to finish the grueling 42.2 km of Boston marathon. Dr. Dervin made this miracle happened, and I will be grateful for ever.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

I had an ACL reconstruction done with him around 20 years ago. I am very active and still going strong. I had a slip 10 years after and was worried, I went back to see him, all worked out for the better and still a great guy. Thank you Dr. Dervin

Submitted April 1, 2014 | flag

This man was an absolute godsend for me back in 2003...After I was repeatedly refused an ACL repair by another ortho surgeon because he did not deem it "absolutely necessary", I consulted with Dr. Dervin in 2003 and underwent ACL reconstruction on my left knee in October of the same year....To this day, I have never had A-N-Y problems with my left knee and was so fully rehabbed by May of 2004 that I actually stored my DonJoy brace in its bag permanently by then.....Had another occasion to have some cartilage cleaned up in my right knee by Dr. Dervin in February of 2011 and again, could not have asked for a better result....I am very athletic and sports addicted which makes it easier to perform when my body is in its best shape possible....Dr. Dervin had the courtesy to listen to my concerns and reasons as to why I wished to have these repairs done, and having been an athlete himself, understood why it was important to me.....Incredible skill and great communication pre & post surgery..

Submitted Dec. 22, 2013 | flag

Very professional and efficient.This was my first encounter with doctor Dervin and I was exceptionly satisfied with the results.

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag

Doctor Dervin is the best, he operated on my husband's knee it was done perfectly. His follow up is very thorough. he is a kind person also very capable and inspires confidence in his patients. Have no reservations about putting your life in his hands.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dervin is very very good. He listens to you as a patient and provides well thought out options. He has performed full knee replacements on both of my kness and I can now walk, golf and enjoy life without pain, limping or any other limitations. Thanks Geoff !

Submitted Oct. 20, 2011 | flag

Thanks Dr. Dervin. In my eighth week after reconstructive ACL surgury. I ran 3 km in the Terry Fox Run this week. I could not have done that while injured. I also did squats on a 2 axis wobble board. I don't know if I could have done any better post accident. You've done a great job. http://maccuaig.blogspot.com/2011/04/anatomy-of-knee-injury-or-no-one-wants.html

Submitted Oct. 7, 2011 | flag

I have to reinforce what a few others have said: Dr Dervin gave me options and listened to me when other surgeons just said I was too young for the knee replacement. His looked more carefully, and saw how serious the bone wear was, and understood that I wanted to get back to a real life. 8 weeks after the surgery I was riding camels in Egypt- yes, he gave me my life back. Unfortunately, a few years have gone by the and the other knee needs help; I wouldn't go anywhere but back to him.

Submitted May 4, 2011 | flag

Now I am loving Dr. Dervin even more. Best, quickest recovery on a scope ever!Less than 3 weeks and I am doing 1/4 squats, extensions and some kickboxing, despite the fact I need replacements or osteotomys. (not sure which yet) Thanks Dr. Dervin! I haven't felt this good in a very long time.You have given me something to feel positive about and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. oops typo in my prev. entry below with the F. before osteotomy. Dr. Dervin....thank you soooooo much!!! I can't wait to have my life back.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dervin is the 3rd Ortho I've seen and I have to say he is by far the very best.He is extremely compassionate and has NEVER made me feel rushed.He is more than thorough and is so caring I can almost not believe it.I've had minimal wait times with most recent being only 5 mins. WOW!I am considered too young for replacements by any other Dr. so F.Osteotomy was initially what he was going to do since I have always been highly active. In order to make sure we are going ahead with the right procedure for my lifestyle, I will be going to him for a 4th consult. I can't say enough about him.After a recent scope I had a small mishap and he called me at home 3 times to make sure I was ok. I'm blown away that some of the reviews are so negative towards him. Frankly, I want nothing more than to thank him for taking me on and setting me on the path to a pain free, active lifestyle once again. I highly recommend him and haven't even had my 2 big surgeries yet. Choose Dr. Dervin.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2011 | flag