Rate Dr. Geoffrey Dervin

Dr. Geoffrey Dervin's Ratings

Operated on my knee in Jan 2013, yet I saw him 4 times after the surgery and I was still complaining of the same symptoms that I had before, the answer was always ( everything is perfect, all was the work was done accordingly).
Yet I still suffer and the pain is increasing, finally another MRI was done in Sept 2014 that shows my knee is very bad and I most likely need a knee replacement. I wish I was told this ahead of time and had to do one surgery once and for all.
He also did a knee replacement for a friend of mine (who referred me to Dr Dervin after his first surgery and before his problems) ,a surgery which didn't go well at all because some of the parts which were replaced did not sit properly and another surgery had to be done on the same knee after almost a year, do you think he is doing any better now?. Believe me he's not, because damage s already done.
This is my experience and I leave the rest to you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2555390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

Dr. Dervin evaluated and suggested a surgery for a meniscus tear in my right knee. I was in a difficult position, training for Boston Marathon on April 21st, Surgery date was March 7th. Surgery was bit more complicated due to extra tear behind. After drilling four holes in my knee and fixing what had to be fixed, I had fast recovery and was able to finish the grueling 42.2 km of Boston marathon. Dr. Dervin made this miracle happened, and I will be grateful for ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I had an ACL reconstruction done with him around 20 years ago. I am very active and still going strong. I had a slip 10 years after and was worried, I went back to see him, all worked out for the better and still a great guy. Thank you Dr. Dervin

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

This man was an absolute godsend for me back in 2003...After I was repeatedly refused an ACL repair by another ortho surgeon because he did not deem it "absolutely necessary", I consulted with Dr. Dervin in 2003 and underwent ACL reconstruction on my left knee in October of the same year....To this day, I have never had A-N-Y problems with my left knee and was so fully rehabbed by May of 2004 that I actually stored my DonJoy brace in its bag permanently by then.....Had another occasion to have some cartilage cleaned up in my right knee by Dr. Dervin in February of 2011 and again, could not have asked for a better result....I am very athletic and sports addicted which makes it easier to perform when my body is in its best shape possible....Dr. Dervin had the courtesy to listen to my concerns and reasons as to why I wished to have these repairs done, and having been an athlete himself, understood why it was important to me.....Incredible skill and great communication pre & post surgery..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

Very professional and efficient.This was my first encounter with doctor Dervin and I was exceptionly satisfied with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Doctor Dervin is the best, he operated on my husband's knee it was done perfectly. His follow up is very thorough. he is a kind person also very capable and inspires confidence in his patients. Have no reservations about putting your life in his hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Dr. Dervin is very very good. He listens to you as a patient and provides well thought out options. He has performed full knee replacements on both of my kness and I can now walk, golf and enjoy life without pain, limping or any other limitations. Thanks Geoff !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Thanks Dr. Dervin. In my eighth week after reconstructive ACL surgury. I ran 3 km in the Terry Fox Run this week. I could not have done that while injured. I also did squats on a 2 axis wobble board. I don't know if I could have done any better post accident. You've done a great job. http://maccuaig.blogspot.com/2011/04/anatomy-of-knee-injury-or-no-one-wants.html

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2011

I have to reinforce what a few others have said: Dr Dervin gave me options and listened to me when other surgeons just said I was too young for the knee replacement. His looked more carefully, and saw how serious the bone wear was, and understood that I wanted to get back to a real life. 8 weeks after the surgery I was riding camels in Egypt- yes, he gave me my life back. Unfortunately, a few years have gone by the and the other knee needs help; I wouldn't go anywhere but back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Now I am loving Dr. Dervin even more. Best, quickest recovery on a scope ever!Less than 3 weeks and I am doing 1/4 squats, extensions and some kickboxing, despite the fact I need replacements or osteotomys. (not sure which yet) Thanks Dr. Dervin! I haven't felt this good in a very long time.You have given me something to feel positive about and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. oops typo in my prev. entry below with the F. before osteotomy. Dr. Dervin....thank you soooooo much!!! I can't wait to have my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1069658].votes_count ]]