Rate Dr. Steven J. Bock

Dr. Steven J. Bock's Ratings

So I went into the office recently and their is a new nurse! Can anyone say hallelujah! So many times I have called with no responses from the other nurse, never any direction from her, never a kind word, always a cold shoulder and a bad attitude. But I met and spoke with the new nurse and she was just wonderful!! The other nurse is still there but hopefully I never have to deal with her again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

He cares nothing about his patients. He cares only about padding his bank account. All the negative reviews are so true.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Bock. He really cares about his patients and has dedicated his life to trying to help those of us with Lyme. I just came from an appointment at his office in Rhineb. ack and as you can see here, many people have issues with his staff, including myself. However I can say today was a completely different experience. I had to call because a prescription didn't make it through to the pharmacy and both Amanda and Christina were very effective in quickly resolving the issue AND explaining to me why it happened. Dr. Bock could not have been a better listener or have been more responsive to my feedback. I really believe in him and he's helping me recover from a serious case of Lyme. Thank you Dr. Bock.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2441166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Bock is very knowledgable and experienced. My first visit was 1h30min and 1h 25min he personaly spent on me, the remaining time (5 mins) his medical assistant was taking my vitals. The first visit is $800. It boils down to $8 per minute of MEDICAL Doctor's time! What about your regular MD? You spent 20-30 mins in the wait room, then 10-15 mins with nurse, then the doc sticks his head in the exam room and spends about 5 mins with you. His bill is $300 which is $60 per min. Do the math... His stuff is just a mirrow of you... They are what you want them to be. Smile at them, they smile at you. Very helpful and also knowledgable. They know their jobs. Dr. Bock has a good team and worth every penny. No wait time to see the doc and he (not a nurse) spends the whole appointment time with you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

He did not Rx abx despite +Lyme test. Instead he prescribed naturopathics/homeopathics (bought from his office) for months which cost $bucks and did NOTHING. He writes routine scripts for 30 days with no refills so if you cannot see him again prior to that 30 days, you are screwed with your scripts. He doesn't realize that your copay/shipping cost for scripts would be less if there was a 90 day supply. Nurse is plain nasty. She does not return phone calls and has quite the attitude when asked a question or when she administers an IV (which is another load of BS/$). When she abruptly turned around after inserting an IV line and the IV pulled out, her response was "it happens." Really? And after not returning phone calls, yanking out an IV, and being arrogant, nurse Ratchet had the audacity to inform me how insurance worked. Receptionist is a young girl going through motions with personality of a rock. Medical assistant tries hard but is obviously overworked. Huge waste of time & $$$.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

I have been suffering with Lyme for a long time and with the help of Dr. Bock I am FINALLY on the right path. The nurse was very helpful every time I had called with any questions. The supplement department labeled all of my supplements and had everything I needed. I feel bad for people who don't have a Dr. Bock near them because he saved my life! Totally worth EVERY penny!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

His nurse is nasty. She feels as if she is doing you a favor with a call back. Oh well it is not her that needs the help or medication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

On the positive side, one of his employees was nice and always helpful, and that is Amanda. The nurse has the personality of Nurse Ratchet, and does NOT return calls. Ever. Dr. Bock is ludicrously overpriced, starting at $800 plus, and going down to $250 per visit OR PHONE CALL. He got so he forgot that he had already prescribed certain medicines for my wife, that did not work before, and did not work the second time. After 8 months of Dr. Bock, my wife was suffering more and in greater pain than when she started with him. The cost of various treatments was well over $35,000. If my wife was helped, this would be fine, but for people with no insurance, to have the debt we have, and my wife worse than when we started, is unacceptable. AVOID this guy at all costs. There are wonderful treatments out there that are a fraction of the costs, and they work. Too bad we did not find them first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

Dr. Bock is worth every penny spent. His new office and staff are all so helpful and are quick to help with any problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Thought thgs would be better when they moved to the new office. Old offc was a nightmare in so many ways. But no, unfortunately not. Receptionist Paige has as much personality as a Stepford wife, which is pretty sobering considering she's a young girl. She chooses to ignore patients as they stand at her "window" waiting to be acknowledged for their appointment, their payment or anything else. God help you if you need supplements from this office. The supp ppl will have you wait in excess of 15 mins to take your hard-earned money, and that's after Paige decides to summon them. Amanda, the med asst is on the ball. Unfortunately b/c she "gets it" she has to just tell ppl she is very busy and she'll get to them as soon as she can. She does her best, but honestly I deserve the best and more considering the megabucks I've spent at this doc's office. Then there is Kim the nurse. I found her to be very cold when she administered an IV drip for my DD. She does not return phone calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080540].votes_count ]]