Rate Dr. Ira H. Copeland

Dr. Ira H. Copeland's Ratings

Last week Wednesday I saw Dr. Copeland and his Nurse Sherry and showed them two red bumps I had on my waist and said I believe, they were Shingles and was told by Both of them. That is definitely "Not Shingles". The Dr. Said it was a "Bug Bite" even though I insisted it was Shingles. On Tuesday, I again called them because I was in pain and two new ones came out. Sherry told me to come in to the office and she would look at them to make sure it was Shingles which she did and informed me a prescription, would be called in to my Pharmacy. I waited all day and called my Pharmacy several times and also left messages for Sherry inquiring what time will I be able to pick up my medicine. She never even returned my call. I had to speak to another Nurse, who said she would get Sherry on the Phone for me. But, then returned and informed me, Sherry said the Shingles will have to take it's course. It is now too late for any Prescription medication. Sherry is very INCOMPETENT & RUDE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Copeland is a fantastic doctor. He is abrupt and tells jokes that almost no one will get, he walks out of the exam room and then suddenly back in, he goes out and talks to his nurse and then comes back to ask a couple more questions. It always seems to me that it is his way of thinking and deciding. I really like that he is not a pill-pusher while at the same time not being afraid of drugs when necessary. I am horrible at getting his jokes, but a good dose of humility is always in order. If you just want your drugs or if you want to be pampered and treated like a celebrity, he is not the doctor for you; but if you like it straight and you don't want anything you don't need and you can take a little sarcasm, then he is the best doc you will ever want to meet!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Copeland is very knowledgeable & helpful. The reason the wait is so long is because he takes the time to sit down & talk one on one to you. You are not some piece of meat on a conveyor belt be processed thru. He genuinely cares for his patients & is honest & straightforward with you. For some hypocondriacs this may seem rude. I have recommended him to friends who also like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

Arrogant, openly rude and not helpful at all. Exam lasted 5 seconds, he wrote scribbles for 1 minute, then left. I would never see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Do not recommend this MD! He was not courteous, and was actually rude on several occasions when I had pertinent questions about my medical condition. He was very non-chalant and on my FIRST office visit actually spent more time talking about casinos and gambling than addressing my concerns. I was told to come back two weeks later for test results. This time I only waited an hour and a half to finally get face time with Dr. Copeland. Again, he spent more time trying to talk about non-medical things I dont care about than my medical issues. I should note other MD's in the same practice seemed to keep all of their appointments on time b/c the waiting room was a steady flow of patients with appointments for the other MD's. And the best part- I was given the brush off and told there was nothing wrong with me! So, I guess this large, palpable mass and associated pain is all fake.... Anyway, will not be going back and already scheduled a 2nd opinion with someone else!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2008

Dr. Copeland became my physician by default when Dr. Chun relocated. I have seen the man twice in 6 months. He was late every time, had no knowledge of reason to see him and never followed up on what he told me he was going to do. Getting a re-fill on your medication is almost impossible. You have to fill out a request form in his office and hope that he will get to it within 48 hrs. At least that is what the people in his office told me. The front office staff at the Tenya office is arrogant and not helpfull. They make you feel like you owe them something. I am right now looking for a different doctor and will never use IMA again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

Dr. Copeland has been my Doctor since I moved to Las Vegas from LA 4 years ago. I love his matter-of-fact manner and willingness to get to the root of any problem. Hands down, he's BY FAR the best doctor I've ever had, and am sad that they no longer take my insurance (Blue Cross). I'm on this site because I need to find a good replacement, although I don't know if that's possible. His nurse Shari is awesome as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1084957].votes_count ]]