Rate Dr. Katherine L. Godwin

Dr. Katherine L. Godwin's Ratings

I have had many doctors (I believe Dr. Godwin is the 7th I have seen for my eating disorder) and I have to say she is the absolute worst "professional" I have ever encountered. My appointments averaged 4 minutes, she was extremely condescending, and she acted like she was superior to me in every aspect. Dr. Godwin did not show that she cared about me/my care in any way, her attitude clearly stated that she was working and seeing me for the sole purpose of a paycheck. It saddens and pains me to think of all the people who seek psychiatric help or enter treatment with an open, willing mind and are treated in such a derogatory and dismissive manner. Hopefully she realizes how much of a negative impact her attitude and work ethic has on her relationships, especially with patients, and begins to act more maturely and appropriately.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Absolutely a great doctor. I also found here to be condescending at first, I soon realized that I just didn't want to hear what she had to say. I had already made up my mind as to what my diagnosis and my treatment should be. Once I was able to let go of my own opinions and actually listen to her I made marked improvements. I think the condescending tone is more based on not wanting to put up with the BS that comes with long-standing psychiatric ailments. I think I, like many others, just wanted someone to nod their head and agree with what I said, feel sorry for me, and give me the "magic happy pills" that would fix me. After switching docs to someone else I actually took some backward steps. I finally woke up and Dr. Godwin was gracious enough to take me back. Sometimes people come off as though they know more than you because, well, they do. I also believe that there has to be a wall between patients and doctors, who knows how many heartbreaking stories they have to listen to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

While I was taking my daughter to Dr. Godwin she was as some of the other reviews mention. Had a consending way about her, and would put me in my place during our visits if I tried to add any important information about my daughters Bipolar episodes. She acted as though she knew it all. She also kept on about my daughters weight at each visit more than her mental illness issues. We changed doctors after many wasted visits to Dr. Godwin, and we are now going to OU's Phsychiatrist which seem to be more caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Dr. Godwin is not condescending or uncaring. She does not put on an act. She allows people to be involved in their treatment. She wants her patients to be proactive and responsible...that means she considers her patients smart and not stupid as mentioned below! I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2010

Comes across as very superior and condescending. Doesn't seem to care much. Cold. Scientific.Feel as if she's trying to act like she is interested or sympathetic, but that it's only an act...not genuine. Can be very harsh. Doesn't seem to listen. If you get emotional at all (a little teary) when trying to explain current status, she shuts you down. Works with a lot of eating disorder patients, but insinuates the behavior is all your fault and totally under your control, thus you're pretty stupid (my words, not hers - she phrases it a bit more tactfully, but meaning is the same) for continuing. Some truth to this, but her manner doesn't help; just perpetuates the shame. Seems to lose patience and doesn't listen if you don't fit the standard mold. She may be very knowledgeable and good at what she does, but in my opinion, she seems like just another rather cold and distant professional who really doesn't care one way or another (beyond professional liability) what happens to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2009

She is the absolute best doctor I've ever found in any specialty. She really cares about you and how you are doing. She listens and doesn't discount your feelings or concerns, unlike most doctors, she addresses them and is willing to work with you. I cannot say enough good things about her. She has brought me back from clinical depression and psychosis in an extremely short time. I've only been seeing her for a year and a half and I'm already coming off my last medication, fully recovered. She has been a blessing! I really don't know what I'd be like today if it wasn't for her treatment. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2008

It doesn't get any better than this. She cares about her patients and allows them to be involved in their treatment. She also is direct when she needs to be. She knows exactly what she is doing. Don't be deceived by her age, because she is smarter than any other doctor I've seen. She also will admit that she's human. She doesn't act like the high and mighty doctor who is better than everyone else. The medical field needs a lot more Dr. Godwins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2008

I really like the way she listens to me and lets my opinion matter. I have had many doctors but she is one that I will keep.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

She is a very compassionate and attentive doctor. She knows her stuff - carefully considers all options and medications etc. She's wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2007

She is amazing. She knows what she's doing, and she actually listens. She's patient, kind and polite, and she always acts like she cares. She's the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1088532].votes_count ]]