Rate Dr. Stanley Eng

Dr. Stanley Eng's Ratings

My Husband went to Dr eng for an eye exam after failing his eye test in 2013 for class 1 license. He is 67 years old and never wore glasses. Dr eng told him he needs glasses and sold him bifocals which he never got used to. He complained but staff always told him to be patient. He went in this year to do the exam again for the class 1 and failed the test with the glasses on. When he took the glasses off he passed the test. He went to another Optomotrist who told him he doesn't even need bifocals, just reading glasses. Dr Eng is only in business for the money. I would not recommend him to anyone. I have heard alot of people say this.

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

I had a bad experience with Dr. Eng and his staff. They pressured me into getting bi-focals which cost of 400 dollars. But I almost fell down stairs and sidewalks because my eye glasses could not focus as fast as maybe another person. I asked to have normal lenses put into my existing frames which cost 200 dollars and with the extra 200 dollars I wanted to get just an extra pair of reading glasses..........well to make a long story short. They said they would replace my bi focals with reading only glasses but would not refund any money nor will he let me get another pair of glasses and frames for the 200 dollars owed to me. bad business. I will keep the bifocals cause what good would it do me other than be out 200 dollars. I will ask for my prescription and go elsewhere and with that I will take all my family and friends with me. I think they are only in it for the money. They don't care that I almost fell and had I fallen there would have been a lawsuit against him;BAD BUSINESS

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Eng is a long time Eye Doctor on Vancouver Island. He has a practise in Nanaimo, Port Hardy and he used to go to Port Alberni but the last location I am not sure of. He is very thorough and never misses a thing.

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

I went ti Dr Eng for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was not impressed. Like one of the other entries I found got irritated when I was unsure of the different lens differences, I was not given a prescription for new lenses when I left and when I asked the staff member looked at me like I was crazy. I have not worn glasses before so was trying on frames in the office where I was completed ignored while they fawned over a younger more hipper customer. Doubt whether I will go back

Submitted July 5, 2012 | flag

Dr Eng was very friendly and personable when I had my eyes tested. Spoke of things we'd talked about three years previously when I was last there. Explained the findings of his exams. Gave me options for eye care. Only negative was that when in the waiting room I could clearly hear his conversation with the patient before me.

Submitted June 17, 2012 | flag

I've been to Dr. Eng a few times, but the last was really bad. Fees, which had to be paid up front, were higher than what I was quoted on the phone, for reasons that could have been clarified during the phone call. Dr. Eng rushed me through the appointment, becoming impatient with me when I couldn't tell which lens combinations worked best. Passed me off to staff, who could not answer my questions and had to call him back. He was very stiff and dismissive, obviously irritated with me. I just wanted to go, but they tried to sell me on their overpriced frames on the way out. Definitely won't be back.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

Love Dr.Eng! I have been going to him for 20 years and he and his staff are always friendly, helpful, and profesional. I am very surprised to see the negative comments.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Eng since he first hung his shingle out 30 years ago. Every visit has been a pleasant experience, and I've always been satisfied with my glasses. The staff, and I've met many over the years, have always been knowledgeable and helpful.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Ah,I CAN still find good customer service!!At Dr.Eng's office!Dr.Eng was on time,good with my little guy,his staff,namely Annalee,is knowledgeable and helpful and always tries to save me money!And it's the little details that impressed me.Thanks for renewing my faith in good old fashioned courteous customer service!!

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

Actually said to me, "you are wasting my time." The contacts he gave me the day before had a tear in them and he said I was lying. He checked them out and admitted that there was a tear in them. No apology about his shortness with me. Awful!!

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag