Dr. Robert D. Footer

Rate Dr. Robert D. Footer

Dr. Robert D. Footer's Ratings

My experience with Dr. R N Footer and receptionist Marla was mind blowing – unprofessional and unethical... I had booked an annual check-up, however was charged for “preconception counseling” not covered with my insurance – all because as part of the routine questions, the doctor asked whether I was planning to have children – for which I answered that I was considering and had some conversation about it. I asked the office for an explanation of the bill (it only has writing “Patient Responsibility - $X) and my medical records so I could resolve the issue with ins co – after 3 letters, 6-8 calls and 1 office visit, I still have not received my records nor explanation. I was highly disturbed by Marla’s communication style – she was rude, did not listen and talked over my husband, she even raised her voice and hung up the calls on two occasions. When we asked to talk to the doctor, she said the doctor was busy and did not enable the touch point. I will never go back to this doctor again.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

I can’t say enough nice things about Dr. Footer. I wanted a personal relationship with my DR and he provided just that. He exceeded my expectations. I don’t know when this man sleeps, because in our experience it didn’t matter the time or even the day of the week, if we needed Footer he was there, and we saw him every day we were in the hospital. This was my first pregnancy and it couldn’t have gone any better. Like any new mom, I had my moments when I was nervous or seemed to have a dozen new questions and Dr. Footer was always willing to talk and always managed to take the edge off. He was calm and friendly and had great bedside manner. I could go on and on about how great of an experience we had with both Dr. Footer and Sibley Memorial Hospital. From our Doctor, to the anesthesiologist, to the nurses, even the janitorial staff, everyone was kind and went above and beyond to ensure we had a great experience.

Submitted May 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Footer is the best doctor I have ever had in ANY field! He never rushes you, answers any and all questions, always makes sure I'm comfortable, always returns phone calls promptly and is willing to handle my medical issues outside of my gyn needs. If I ever move out of the area I would travel, by plane if necessary, just to continue going to him!

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Footer is the best physician I ever(former Foxhall OBGYN patient). He genuinely cares about his patients, and he was also the only OBYN to be thorough enough to check my breathing/heart and lymph nodes during a physical. I was able to get an appointment with him the same month I inquired, and his receptionist was wonderful with getting back to me instantly on a few paper work questions. I never had to be put on hold. During the exam I had the best VIP treatment. He takes his time and is very thorough/interested in your health history, and I feel like I'm in the best hands. Dr. Footer is very approachable, kind, and immediaely made me feel at ease with seeing a male physician. If you want to be treated like a VIP (versus a time slot), definitely use him as your OBGYN. Before I left his office, he told me that I could come/see him with any non GYN health issues(since I'm healthy). He's the traditional, personable, good old school Dr. that is a rarity these days.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

I can not emphasis how much I adore Dr. Footer. He delivered both of my children, my sister's daughter, two friends' children, and helped me through three miscarriages. I too travel 45 minutes to see him. I do not think that you can find a more understanding, caring OBGYN than Dr. Footer. In addition, his knowledge and skills are phenomenal...I always knew that I was in exceptionally capable hands!

Submitted Sept. 30, 2010 | flag

He is is great, freindly, kind and very proffesional. I wish all doctors were llike him.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2009 | flag

Dr. Footer is a very friendly, personable physician. I was thrilled to discover such a good doctor in the city. I would like to see Dr. Footer move to electronic tools(like epocrates.com) to make decisions about medications. When I asked him if I could take a (now well-known and frequently prescribed) medication during pregnancy, he dragged out a huge, old book. However, it didn't list my medication, which I've been taking for 10 years. This would not have been an issue with an online tool (or even a more up-to-date book).

Submitted July 21, 2009 | flag

I have 4 children,I have had miscarriages,I have had laporoscopies and other test. As a teen I had PID, so I had problems with my tubes & ovaries. Dr Footer has been my doctor for over 20 years, he is very knowledgeable he is always very caring and helpful,he always has time to spend talking to his patients, he always calls you back promptly when you call needing help or with a question. He called me after each surgery, he called me the night before I had my labor induced. He is an excellent doctor. He is much better at getting back to me then my children's Pediatrician. My daughter who is 20 yrs old see's doctor Footer and she is very comfortable with him and he spends time talking to her and answering her questions. The ladies in his office are always very friendly and helpful.I would recommend Dr Footer if you are looking for a great OB-GYN.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2009 | flag

Wonderful OB. I too traveled 45min each way to see Dr. Footer throughout my pregnancy. He was very knowledge, kind and thoughtful. Made me feel comfortable with every aspect. Best I've had!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2008 | flag

Dr. Footer delivered (in 2000)my daughter I was only 18 at the time he made me feel safe, and he was very postive, kind, understanding, and made it great experience I would recommed him for anybody, and when I plan to have more children I will use him for my care even if I have to travel from a long distance I wouldnt have it any other way

Submitted May 27, 2008 | flag