Rate Dr. Nam Nguyen

Dr. Nam Nguyen's Ratings

Did my hernia repair. Gave excellent care. No post op pain or complications. I was able to go for a 6 kilometer hike the next day. Is always pleasant and respectful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr Nam gave me hope by performing bariatric surgery on me. His office staff was so helpful, recognizing we were travelling to Richmond from Vcr Island. Appointments, tests, lab work were all coordinated in such a way that the procedures could be completed in a timely fashion prior to the surgery. Dr Nam was patient in addressing all questions and concerns. He was there to greet me as I was being prepped, he introduced his surgical team and reassured me each step of the way. Post surgery, He visited each day and his residents were there twice a day! I was never afraid - Dr Nam Instilled a feeling of confidence in me. I was told by his residents and nursing staff that he is a highly technical and proficient surgeon....I would have to agree! As a result of being an excellent surgeon, Dr Nam's office is extremely busy and sometimes crowded. The two girls on the reception desk are amazing at keeping order and flow. Wendy threw in a hug when she saw how excited I was to get the surgery date

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

Dr Nguyen is such an awesome, amazing & wonderful doctor! I had him fix a GIANT hernia that previously another doctor had tried fixing but failed. But he was so talented and here 3 years after and I'm still doing well. He also performed weight loss surgery and I've lost over 100 pounds. He's always seemed happy to see me and is always in a good mood. He never rushes our appointments or makes my questions/concerns seem dumb. HE'S THE BEST DOCTOR!! *I agree with other reviews though- the receptionists are not nice to deal with.*.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I saw dr Nam for my initial consultation. Dr Nam was very professional & knowledgeable & has a wonderful sense of humor. I am to undergo the removal of my gallbladder & dr Nam is the best in the business my Dr only sends me to the best, unfortunately he has someone filling in for him for two weeks and so happens its around my surgery date. I cannot wait and reschedule so its Dr Nam is performing the surgery which is who was suppose to do it as my health is really deteriorating. So is quite disappointed the surgery is going to be performed by someone else but why I really wanted to write is about the staff of Dr Nam. One lady in particular Caucasian black hair with patch of blond. I wonder how she has a job at all little in an office and for a doctor. This person shouldn't even be working with animals. She should not be in the service industry. Dr Nam if you care about your patience ( fire her). I don't like having anyone lose their jobs but this lady needs a wake up call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

This guy paid attention to me after six months of appendix pain. Other surgeons kept sending me for tests. Enough was enough and my health has never been better. Appendix be gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

The receptionist is completely unprofessional and rude. The one that I have primarily spoken to is the younger one. Dr. Nguyen is an amazing doctor but they really need to hire someone else at the front desk. I cringe everytime I have to call in. It is sad that such a talented doctor is plagued by such horrible front desk staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

such a great doctor. great bedside manner, punctual and has a wonderful staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2011

Dr Nguyen is definitely one of the best surgeons. He fixed my parent's hernia problem a few years ago. However, the receptionist was rude and unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

amazing Doctor and amazing surgeon. He gave me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2011

Dr. Nyugen and his staff have been wonderful to me and my family over several years. I have seen his receptionists deal with difficult patients (no doubt with troubles of their own),in a very busy atmosphere, with prompt, professional courtesy. I would also like to say that the booking issues are likely an issue at the hospital. That has been my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1107416].votes_count ]]