Dr. Arthur Castelbaum

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 31/05/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Arthur Castelbaum
Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5562991
15/06/14 5 5 5 5 I couldn't be happier with RMA, particularly Dr. Castlebaum. I was successful in getting pregnant twice, both times via the first IUI. Dr. Castlebaum made me feel comfortable with the fertility plan he identified for me and his confidence, friendliness and humor made my husband and I very relaxed. He took the time to listen to my questions and always had a great answer/advice for me. I would recommend him to any woman suffering from infertility as without him I would not have my daughter and my second child on the way. I would also like to commend the office staff. They are always polite and friendly. They make you feel like more of a friend than just another patient, they truly go out of their way to make a connection. They were also very prompt with follow up phone calls and always took the time to answer questions, I never felt rushed off the phone. If I decide to go for a third I would 100% being go back to RMA/Dr. Castlebaum! :)
RID: 5341969
12/04/14 5 5 5 5 My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Dr. Castlebaum and the entire staff at RMA. Would highly recommend!!!
RID: 5325664
04/04/14 5 5 4 5 I had an overall great experience with Dr. Castlebaum and RMA of Philadelphia. Office staff was excellent. Got me in and out of my appointments quickly, but I never felt rushed. Called with blood work results the same day and answered all my questions. Worked with my work schedule for my convenience. Dr. Castlebaum was very straight forward with his approach to my treatment plan. I came in with unexplained infertility. First plan was 3 rounds of Clomid with IUI. When the first round of Clomid didn't work, he moved on to another drug instead of wasting time with Clomid. When the next 2 rounds of IUI didn't work, Dr. Castlebaum called me to sit down and meet with him. He wanted to be more aggressive, and given my insurance coverage, I also didn't want to waste any time or money. We went straight to IVF. My husband and I are expecting our first child this fall. Dr. Castlebaum continued to follow me for 9 weeks, to make sure everything was good with the pregnancy.

07/01/14 SYSTEM: new location added: Mechanicsburg, PA

07/01/14 SYSTEM: new location added: King of Prussia, PA

07/01/14 SYSTEM: new location added: Langhorne, PA

07/01/14 SYSTEM: location removed: Meadowbrook, PA
RID: 2565210
20/02/13 5 5 3 3 I saw Dr. Castelbaum at RMA. Although I adore the staff, he was just okay in our opinion. We often felt he did not fully understand my PCOS and what was going on with me, and would throw things out there to see what would stick. I never felt confident in my treatment plan. We are ready for a second opinion after a year with RMA. We went to Abington Reproductive Medicine at the suggestion of a friend who was successful with them and were initially impressed. Let's see how the first cycle goes. Dr. Nichols asked a lot more questions of us at the consultation and made us feel like a person rather than a number as Dr. Castelbaum did. But I will say that the staff is above and beyond at RMA.
RID: 1843087
03/04/12 4 4 2 1 I came for IVF treatment. It is true he has good bedside manners. However, I do not see him as the expert to go to- especially if you are dealing with multiple issues. I started one IVF cycle without any prior suppression. I think he thought it was warranted because of my age. But when my estrogen levels went up too high and my follicles weren't growing at the same rate - he suggested I cancel the cycle. He said that I was an average responder and that I just had a bad cycle. So after that canceled cycle, I started another cycle with prior suppression. My estrogen was high and it resulted in a negative beta. Based on other doctors' opinions, there was too much stimulation because my uterine lining and egg quality was compromised. Further, I was also told that it is unusual for follicles to grow at the same rate and that is why doctors start with some kind of suppression at the beginning of the cycle. I think it was too convenient for him to blame my age on anything that went wrong.  Respond
RID: 1670269
27/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Castelbaum is an amazing doctor. He is extremely good at what he does, confident, and thorough. He really listens to your concerns and addresses them. I felt like he took my opinions into account when treating me. I cannot rate him highly enough! After a year of seeing another fertility doctor at another practice, we made the switch to Dr. Castelbaum. We knew we made the right decision as soon as we completed our inital consultation. We then successfully conceived on the first round of IVF with Dr. Catelbaum.
RID: 1396475
24/03/11 5 5 5 5 He is a really caring Doctor and makes you feel at ease. I cant rate him high enough.
RID: 1279623
26/10/10 5 5 5 5 Great Staff... friendly and easy to work with... and Dr. Castlebaum explains every step THOROUGHLY!  Respond
RID: 1072542
08/01/10 5 5 5 5 the most professional Doctor I have ever incountered I have 2 girls with in less than 3months also Doctor does checkups to rule out every possibility to help you with your infertility.
RID: 1062602
22/12/09 5 5 5 5 Professional and friendly staff. Dr. Castlebaum is wonderful!!! One of the best doctor's I have ever dealt with (and I am a nurse)
RID: 905133
04/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Castlebaum is a wonderful doctor. Very kind, compassionate and caring. He made me and my husband feel very comfortable and confident! Our son is now 2 years old! I would reccomend Dr. Castlebaum to anyone having fertility issues.  Respond
RID: 886173
13/05/09 5 5 5 5 The staff is incredibly supportive, the doctors are dedicated and it made the whole process much less stressful! And Dr. Castlebaum is THE BEST! Best of luck
RID: 815861
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Friedman most of the time but both he and Dr. Castlebaum took turns on weekends. They are both really great guys and great doctors. They make you feel totally comfortable and are very optimistic and upbeat. When I had to have a D&E for an early pregnancy that wasn't developing right, he was reluctant to tell me that the "E" meant "evacuation" and expressed his condolences for the loss. He was more upset about it than I was. These guys are two of the best doctors around! And the son that he helped my husband and I conceive through artificial insemination is ready for kindergarten.
RID: 693090
29/09/08 5 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Castlebaum for over a year out of his Meadowbrook Office. He is a great doctor and I highly recommend him !!!
RID: 674225
26/08/08 5 5 5 5 I've used a different RE for 2 years for my infertility issues. I also had 2 iui with her. A friend of mine recommended I see Dr Castlebaum and he told me things that my gyno of over 10 years and this RE never even said to me after one exam!! I am looking forward to doing a cycle of IVF with positive results.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 351735
22/06/07 5 5 5 Dr. Castlebaum is very pleasant, honest and compassionate.  Respond