Rate Dr. Steven R. Weiner

Dr. Steven R. Weiner's Ratings

I researched Dr. Weiner before seeing him. After seeing other rheumatologists I realized dr. Weiner is a real gem of a doctor.I have a rare and fatal autoimmune disease, of which is of a handful of doctors that can help. In fact he was given awards for his study and research in the field of Rheumatology. What most people don't know about rheumatologists is that it is a complex condition requiring extensive knowledge of all parts of the human body from the cellular level on up. You have to be the best and the brightest of doctors to work in Dr. Weiner's field. I would recommend him to anyone if they need a compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable doctor to care for them. His staff tries their utmost to be friendly and get patients into the office no later than 2 weeks -- most often within a week. The best of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I have nothing but the highest regard for Dr. Weiner. He is an excellent diagnostician, uses good judgement in his treatment of me, and is highly personable in his attitude. He has helped me immeasurably in treating my rheumatologic concerns, and is not hesitant to recommend a consultant if he feels it is called for. I would not hesitate to refer my friends to him. He's an excellent physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

I have been with Dr. Weiner since 2002 and although he had a weird length of "bad moods" it seemed, I have always thought him to be very good. Hey, he is human like everyone else. He ALWAYS answers all my questions, never rushes me and scolds me when necessary. I feel he really cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

I am surprised at the poor comments posted, as I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Weiner. His initial consult took almost two hours, and the follow-up at least 30 minutes. He was very clear and concise in his explanations of my problems, and did a very thorough exam. Appropriate testing was ordered. I admit his staff was a little unorganized, but the doctor himself was top rate. I intend to see him again, and would not hesitate to refer a family member to him should they need specialty care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2011

awfull staff and doctro. They suck both doctor and staff are idiots.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Weiner is someone I will not ever see again. He was condescending and rude to me. I am a doctor myself and his bedside manner with me was awful. He was helpful on some issues, but so rude that I would never refer him to anyone. Robert Shaw MD is a much better choice, he is in Encino.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Weiner by another doctor, and on paper he is excellent. However, I found him unable to communicate with me in terms of what was going on with my condition. Since I was acknowledgeable of the disease he diagnosed me with, one would think he'd spend even a few minutes explaining. Nope. He also told me I would NEVER get better and only the drugs he prescribed would just hopefully keep things from getting worse. I was left feeling devastated, and you know what? I went off his meds and felt better. Hmmm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2010

Dr. Weiner would have kept me coming back forever and prescribing more blood tests! I finally told him I was changing to a local doc as he is too far for me to travel. He did NOT like that. He doesn't listen to the patient; just wants to prescribe meds and tests when I'm not sick!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2009

Amazing amount of knowledge of current research. Gives detailed, technical answers which is refreshing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2008

His staff is very nice, however, Dr. Weiner's patient care/bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He doesn't take the time to go over care plans, and often predicts a dire prognosis. After several years seeing him, he still asked the same questions he would a brand new patient. I always felt down after seeing him despite the fact that I'm doing very well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1115438].votes_count ]]