Rate Dr. Walter M. Marcus

Dr. Walter M. Marcus's Ratings

A patient of Dr Marcus for 25 years. Thorough, understanding and always discussed all the options. That was comforting with my family history of ovarian cancer. Put me into an early cancer detection program, and always updated me on the latest studies, tests and options on every visit.

There was a time frame when staff didn't always catch me before leaving home to let me know if he had to leave for a delivery, but with cell phones later on, notifications improved.

Sorry that he is retiring, but appreciative of everything over the years, and I wish him the best.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2584002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Horrible staffs! They wouldn't give me an appointment even after they had received my authorization from my primary doctor. They kept saying they have to check my insurance first - no office had done that before. They always schedule if they received the authorization. I kept calling them everyday and finally after 3 weeks they gave me an appointment. Thus, I saw the doctor a month+ later. Preposterous!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

I drove all the way to my appt this morning only to be told that the Dr couldn't be there today. Alright...but this is the second time this has happened to me. What a waste of gas and time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

My first two appointments with him were canceled by him as he had other things to attend to. I wish I listened to my instincts and switched Dr's at that time. I always have a problem getting a hold of the office and usually have to leave a message that does not always get returned. When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes I was very upset about it. I don't feel I was given the proper guidance on this condition and had to wait nearly three weeks before I was able to meet with a specialist. The final straw was yesterday. I had an appt at 4:30 and showed up but the doors were locked. The answering service said they "decided to close early". The office called me this morning and said that they called all the patients a few days ago to let them know that they would be closing early but I never got a call! Staff told me I must not have picked up my phone. I have no missed calls from them and they could have left a message. I am very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

It seemed all patients were scheduled at 9 a.m. and seen by order of arrival until lunch. Dr. broke my membranes to speed things up a week before labor began. Then left me in the hospital all day while he saw patients across town. The baby's head had slid down and blocked the water, preventing contractions. Once he came in (about 10:30 p.m.) and broke the water, the baby was born in 90 minutes. He should have come to the hospital and checked me in the morning instead of letting me lay there all day, trying pitocin, becoming exhausted, and I was 39 years old. I was very disappointed in his practice of medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Dr. Marcus was my ob/gyn 10 years ago, when I had a problem with uterine fibroid tumors. I went to one Dr., and he wouldn't discuss my options--just immediately decided he was going to perform a uterine artery embolization, which is where they put a catheder in your main atery leading to your uterus. Didn't discuss it with me, just TOLD me what he was going to do. I was SO scared, and a friend told me about Dr. Marcus. First of all, he was SO understanding and compassionate! He listened to me, let me ask questions, and then after running extensive tests/MRI's, he explained my options. We decided to remove the tumor surgically due to its large size(about the size of a small football!) First and foremost he wanted to know if I planned on having children due to my age. When I told him yes, he said he would do everything he could to save my uterus, which he did! The tumor went right through my fallopian tube, so he had to remove it, but he saved everything else. He is an awesome Dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2010

Dr. Marcus was not my OB, but he was on call at the hospital the night my daughter decided to come out. Origanly delivery was suppose to be normal, it turned it to a c-secton, my first. Dr. Marcus was awsome, he answered all my question and was very supported of my worries. My original OB is great but after my experience with Dr. Marcus he will be delivering my next baby. All the staff at the hospital love him and all have wonderful things to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Dr. Marcus was more than helpful and kind. He showed compassion and took great care of us during and after the birth of our Child. We would use him again and again if we were to have more children!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1116581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I LOVE DR. MARCUS HE DELIVERED ME 22 YEARS AGO AND NOW HE HAS DELIVERED MY SON MY MOM AND ME BOTH HAD HIGH RISK PREGNANCEYS I HAD A DOC BEFORE HIM DR. CARSTON STAY AWAY FROM HIM HE WONT EVEN SEE HIS PATIENTS TIL THE DAY OF DELIVERY!!!! DR. MARCUS IS THE BEST OUT THERE I PLAN ON HAVING HIM DELIVER MY SECOND BABY. HOPE YOU PICK HIM YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1116580].votes_count ]]