Dr. John K.S. Chia

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. John K.S. Chia has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Infectious Disease-related: HIV, AIDs, fever of unknown origin, nosocomial infection, prophylaxis, infections
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

25/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1
RID: 3575820
22/10/13 5 5 5 5 We waited months to see Dr Chia. He is well worth the wait. He personally took my daughter's medical history. He spent over and hour and a half discussing her history, diagnosis and treatment options. We have been to at least ten doctors that each treated my daughter for entirely separate illnesses. Dr. Chia was able to see the whole situation. I wish the staff could have better explained the six month wait for an appointment and delay in his office.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

02/08/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John K.S."

02/08/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Pathologist" to "Infectious Disease"
RID: 2531843
15/01/13 4 5 5 5 Dr Chia is not only v knowledgeable he is also one of the most caring drs I have been lucky enough to see. He listens v carefully and takes as much time as you need - our appt didn't end until after 7pm on a Frday even tho his office closed at 5pm! He has also followed up with me via the phone when he has been out of the office, including calling me on a weekend to check on how I was. I cannot say enough good thing about him. The staff you see in person are also wonderful, kind and helpful, but the ones on the phone can be a little less so - and you may have to persist with them - hence the 4 rating for staff.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2450949
18/10/12 5 5 5 5 Specializes in CFS and does enterovirus research. Best infectious disease doctor out there! Does very thorough testing and took two and a half hours time to listen to my whole medical history during the first visit! Extremely knowledgable and experienced. Goes above and beyond in working with the patient to find an individual treatment leading to maximum improvement.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2438656
04/10/12 4 4 5 5 THIS MAN IS BRILLIANT!!!!! I wish there was a higher rating on the "knowledge" scale above!! This Dr is kind, listens, teaches, and does not talk down to you. He also doesn't mind a patient who reads and researches. He's a real out of the box thinker and I can't say how grateful I am to have found him. I just started a treatment regime...have great hope and most importantly trust in this Dr/Researcher. Highly recommend him...he's worth the wait!  Respond
RID: 1720101
22/02/12 5 4 5 5 After being sick for almost 8 years with debilitating various and some extremely painful illnesses, Dr. John Chia of Torrance...ID Med... gave me my life back. FYI..I had been to UCLA, Cedar-Sinai's dr. pinmental, Mayo Clinic, and a shopping list of various other specialists...none of who helped me. Thank you Dr. Chia.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1492927
21/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Chia for over 10 years now. He is a pioneer in his field. He is compassionate and caring. Dr. Chia knows what he his doing. I called one time other doctors in his field and ALL of them told me to stay with him. He is the best of the best. He has heart and works hard to find a treatment not only for ME/CFS/Fibro but also viruses Echovirsus, Coxsackie and CMV. He spends the time and answers all questions in detail until I understand. I believe in him and his work ethics. Thank you Dr. Chia.
RID: 1379472
05/03/11 5 5 5 5 Most amazing doctor! When he sees you, you are all he listens to and genuinely cares about you and getting you better. Not to mention he is constantly battling to try and figure out why and how CFS came about so he can fix you.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 995487
25/09/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Chia specializes in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He takes time to listen to all of your concerns, questions, and issues. He never rushed through any of my appointments. If you are suffering with such an illness, you need a doctor who is doing research and has desire to find a solution for CFS.  Respond
RID: 820569
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 I am a patiant of Dr. Chia and he is the "BEST" doctor in his field. He is caring, understanding and is always there for his patients. He spends time with each patient to explain what they need to know about their health problems. Dr. Chia is hard at work to find cures for his patients. I would refer him in a heart beat, because he has a wonderful bedside manner. As a patient, I don't know what I would have done with out him.
RID: 807206
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable Dr when it some to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. He is easily the most intelligent Dr I have met in my 38 years. He is a REAL Dr, not a robot like most HMO drs. Wish there was more Drs like him...
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 732890
30/11/08 2 4 1 3 Brilliant man. I've been a patient for years and I HATE the thought of even going there. His interest is Fibro. and God forbid you need him for anything else. Two things to know if you plan to go there: Once you see him your not allowed to see anyone else in the practice. Not even with begging from ER doctors and other specialists. Myself...I was diagnosed with some life threatening infections by ER staff and STILL, I wasn't allowed an appointment for eight months! He can sound sympathetic but don't let it fool you. Example: I showed up (unscheduled)with a raging fever, severe pain and bleeding ulcers that developed during the night and he and his staff told me to go to the urgent care down the street. I ended up having a MRSA infection. Also, he won't interact with insurance if denied treatment. No heart,NO SOUL..self serving. He's very well respected in our community because he is brilliant but go elsewhere if your need a human response from a doctor
RID: 534816
07/03/08 5 5 5 5 Hard to get the initial appt. but no problems thereafter. Prompt, courteous, educates patient thoroughly about the disease. I feel confident that I am in the best care possible. I don''t feel rushed through the examination. He or his staff answers phone calls and requests over the phone promptly.  Respond
RID: 316569
12/05/07 5 5 5 Extremely knowledgeable and current. Listens to and works with patients.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield