You may also like

Rate Dr. Marni Heed

Dr. Marni Heed's Ratings

Dr Heed is a doctor I would never let touch me again! I was having the worst stomach cramps I have ever experienced in my life so I went to the ER. She stuck her finger up my butt and did another test and said we need to operate! I am so scared of surgery but with the amount of pain I was in I said lets do it. She cut me open and did her thing only to find that the surgery was not necessary at all!! Nice one Dr Heed. That is not even the worst part. A day and a half later when I was recovering she told them to remove the staples from my stomach to get me ready for discharge. I was like are you serious? I think that is too soon to pull the stitches out! She gave me some rude remark like "who is the doctor here you or me?" So reluctantly I let them pull them out. Next day I was at home laying on the couch. I went to get up and POP! My stomach burst open and all this bloody colored fluid shot all over my nice white carpet. I stood there in absolute shock and when I realized I was still alive I was like WOW! I threw a face cloth in the hole and raced to the hospital. I thought I might die at any moment! When I got to the ER I showed the nurse the hole and a stretcher came flying through the door. They gave me some meds to calm myself down as I was a bit panicked. Then to top it off I guess Heed was out on a date or something and they called her in to deal with the problem. She was all pissed off that her date got interrupted. She gave me attitude the whole time she was there (which thankfully was not long!) She is a butcher and should not be allowed to operate on people. She sure put me through some stress! The worst part is that the surgery was not even necessary! Now I have this huge scar on my stomach that still will not heal right.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2757954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

seems like something happened in 2013 to change her. maybe she'll sort it and go back to her old way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2663930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Will not listen to the patient, had to get another Dr. to repair the damage done as a result of her work , the extra time it took to get another Dr. added to the repairs needed for me. She has a very I'm right and your wrong attitude, I repeat she will not listen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Two dealings with her. I find her emotionally unstable and arrogant.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2621943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

No many posts for this year on her "GOOD" performance. My experience with her left a lot to be desired. She would not listen to what I wanted to happen. She also neglected to write any of these discussions in her reports to my family Dr. Her decision has made the last year a horrible time for me. Not being able to control my bowls has made it difficult for me at work as well as shopping. I now have to go and see another Dr about having the colostomy that I requested at time of my surgery for Colon Cancer. I did not feel that she likes to be told what a patient wants. Wish I had taken someone with me to all my meetings with her or taped them all. Then she would not be able to lie about what was said. Would not recommend her for anything.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2586745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Dr. Heed is a talented and compassionate doctor. She saved my father's life and my family will always be grateful to her. We are fortunate to have such a gifted surgeon in Maple Ridge.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2515892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

THIS should be a :( not a :)! WORSE care possible! Sent me home straight from ICU knowing I had infection with no investigation, not even a pamphlet on how to care for myself after a double mastectomy. resulted in 4mths of infections, trauma, loss of many things. RUDE!! Screamed at me! Would not accept other surgeons strong suggestions as to what should be done with me. Would NOT look after me 2 days out of ICU, was told to see my GP. She has left a terrible imprint. Very arrogant, huge ego! Needs to care about her patients much more. of course yay she got out the cancer and did a good surgery job, but aftercare was the most horrible experience ever! Especially dealing with something traumatic as cancer NON of this should have happened after the surgery & it has left me with huge pain.. Had she looked after me right away, the trauma would have never occurred! Get a 2nd opinion!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1124750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Not only technically very competent, but a whole doctor, caring and empathetic, accessible for follow-up, etc. Cannot recommend her enough. She advised me on surgical options, helped me prepare myself, arranged for the anesthesiologist (sp?) to interview me and explain everything he was going to do, performed the surgery, and followed through to a completely successful outcome. (Colon cancer - aggressive variety).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1124749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Dr. Heed is a very busy surgeon with an obviously over extended workload based on our medical system. She was very good with me and arranged to see me at the local hospital once when i was in a lot of pain. she gives you as much time as you need and is one of the best surgeons in our area. i am confident in her ability to treat me and appreciate her very much. her secretary is very professional and efficient and helpful as well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1124748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

Dr Heed is amazing! Professional, compassionate, understanding and knowledgable. She immediately put me at ease. I was 24 when I fought my then family doctor for a referral and saw dr binder. I had pre-cancerous colon polyps. When dr binder was killed I was devastated and feared I'd never find a doctor as amazing as dr binder. Dr Heed, thankfully, was amazing. Unfortunately I still keep getting the polyps so I will be seeing her again sooner than I had hoped. There is a reason why the wait list is so incredibly long. She is wonderful. If you need a referral for a colonoscopy check up (usually 3-5 years) though you will probably have to wait for about 9 months+ so plan ahead and see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1124747].votes_count ]]