Rate Dr. Marni Heed

Dr. Marni Heed's Ratings

Dr. Heed is a talented and compassionate doctor. She saved my father's life and my family will always be grateful to her. We are fortunate to have such a gifted surgeon in Maple Ridge.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

THIS should be a :( not a :)! WORSE care possible! Sent me home straight from ICU knowing I had infection with no investigation, not even a pamphlet on how to care for myself after a double mastectomy. resulted in 4mths of infections, trauma, loss of many things. RUDE!! Screamed at me! Would not accept other surgeons strong suggestions as to what should be done with me. Would NOT look after me 2 days out of ICU, was told to see my GP. She has left a terrible imprint. Very arrogant, huge ego! Needs to care about her patients much more. of course yay she got out the cancer and did a good surgery job, but aftercare was the most horrible experience ever! Especially dealing with something traumatic as cancer NON of this should have happened after the surgery & it has left me with huge pain.. Had she looked after me right away, the trauma would have never occurred! Get a 2nd opinion!!

Submitted Jan. 7, 2014 | flag

Not only technically very competent, but a whole doctor, caring and empathetic, accessible for follow-up, etc. Cannot recommend her enough. She advised me on surgical options, helped me prepare myself, arranged for the anesthesiologist (sp?) to interview me and explain everything he was going to do, performed the surgery, and followed through to a completely successful outcome. (Colon cancer - aggressive variety).

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Heed is a very busy surgeon with an obviously over extended workload based on our medical system. She was very good with me and arranged to see me at the local hospital once when i was in a lot of pain. she gives you as much time as you need and is one of the best surgeons in our area. i am confident in her ability to treat me and appreciate her very much. her secretary is very professional and efficient and helpful as well

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr Heed is amazing! Professional, compassionate, understanding and knowledgable. She immediately put me at ease. I was 24 when I fought my then family doctor for a referral and saw dr binder. I had pre-cancerous colon polyps. When dr binder was killed I was devastated and feared I'd never find a doctor as amazing as dr binder. Dr Heed, thankfully, was amazing. Unfortunately I still keep getting the polyps so I will be seeing her again sooner than I had hoped. There is a reason why the wait list is so incredibly long. She is wonderful. If you need a referral for a colonoscopy check up (usually 3-5 years) though you will probably have to wait for about 9 months+ so plan ahead and see this doctor.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2012 | flag

ONe of the best surgeons ever. I was sooo pleased with Dr. Heed and would never want to see someone else. So knowledgeable, patient, compassionate, and excellent follow through. Dr. Heed makes going through hard health issues a little easier to deal with knowing she has your best interest at hand.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2012 | flag

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr Heed is wonderful. She has been our family's "go to" surgeon for at least 10 years, and I would not have a sugery she was not involved with. She is prompt, kind and professional. My latest surgery, while she was not the primary..she was in the OR assisting, and I am so grateful to her. Wonderful person, great surgeon!

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

Love her she is compassionate and was a complete pleasure after having to deal with a very nasty incompetent Dr. Spittle. She cleared up every question I had that he had clearly scared me to death with. and I wouldn't let anyone but her operate on my colon.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr Heed is excellent. She has treated many people I know and they all had great things to say about her. After dealing with a terrible Dr in Abbotsford I decided to see her. It was like night and day. She was a pleasure to see even though it was for an unpleasant reason. And she cleared up the mis-diagnosis from the other Dr. Thanks Dr Heed!

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag