Dr. Robert A. Rovner

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Robert A. Rovner has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5618241

07/07/14 1 1 2 4
(Rating under review)
RID: 2469540
08/11/12 3 2 5 5 For many years I took my daughter with her scoliosis to Dr. Rovner. I have had lots & lots & lots visits with him, so I think I can without reservation say - What Dr. Rover is - he is a brilliant surgeon, he can accurately diagnose your issue and if you need surgery he's your man. If you don't need surgery he will tell you that. What he doesn't always have is a great bed side manner, if you want a touchy freely doctor go somewhere else, however if your shopping around for a great spine surgeon look no further.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 2155375
22/05/12 5 4 5 5 I sawDr Rovner last year for a Spine fusion performed by another doctor that failed. Dr Rovner not only realizes the problem immediately, but offered logical concise solutions solutions to correct and fix my fusion. I initially went through conservative treatment but later I opted for surgery which went incredibly well with a small scar. I also found out that he teaches spine surgery at U.C. Davis. My fusion is now solid and I'm pain free. He was worth waiting for which at times can be a little longer than normal, but believe me, I wouldn't trust anyone else.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1030042
10/11/09 5 4 5 5 I always had a great experience with Dr. Rovner. He operated on my lower spine and several years later he fused my neck. No infection, no problems, and overall, a great job. It just got fixed. Before this, I was in horrible pain and went to see three different pain specialists who are NOT SURGEONS. All they could do for me is load me up with lots of narcotics and pain medicine. When it finally became unbearable, that's when I made the decision to have surgery. Bottom line, Dr. Rovner is, YES, a SPINAL SURGEON and a FANTASTIC one--it's the last resort and thank God there is one. And if you don't have a surgical problem, or you would rather stay on pills the rest of your life, or don't want surgery because you're collecting money for being off work and milking the system, then it's just a waste of his valuable time. Go see a pain doctor-not a surgeon. There are people like me who really needed surgery and needed his surgical skills. I have my life back and I'm working again.
RID: 1018472
26/10/09 1 1 1 1 Once I told the doctor that I didnot want to have surgery, he wanted nothing to do with me.He would send in his physician assistant, who is not even a doctor to see me.Don't beleave what you read.Ask his workman's compensation patents who are sitting in his office what they think of Rovner.They will tell you a differnt story.Why does the office staff double book patents for the same time.A patent with back pain can't sit very long.Making a back pain patent sit for over one hour is cruel.Just remember one think, Once you have one surgery you will have many more.
RID: 976997
31/08/09 5 5 5 5 This doctor is one of the best spine doctors around. I had sciatica and he quickly knew what my problem was and where it was coming from. The MRI confirmed his diagnosis exactly. After no luck with PT and epidurals, he decided to do a simple outpatient procedure where he cut out the herniated disc and my pain went completely away with only a tiny half inch incision. I don't care what the other reviewers say, he is wonderful, caring and brilliant. There is no way he would ignore someone with a valid complaint! Some people try to take advantage of the work comp system for disability. I would highly recommend him if you have a spine problem.
RID: 936892
14/07/09 1 1 1 1 I saw dr. rovner in 2003 he did well before the surgery dr.rovner after the surgery he came in and look at the wound and walk out the room I stop him to ask some questions and he responded with I don't have time to deal with you Until this day I have not seen this dr. after coming home I began to bleed for my rectum I rushed to his office and he refused to see me I then was working and he would not give me a light duty slip to return to work as a result I lost every thing I had Car Apt ECT. I was homeless for nine months I had to get the Dr. from my job to make him give me a light duty slip his wife harassed me on my job for the insurance he did nothing for me as soon as I woke up he stopped I got no follow up I had to go to another dr, This Dr Is HORRIBLE its not enough room to tell all of what this Dr had done to me this is just some of what happened to me
See Responses
RID: 891952
19/05/09 5 4 5 5 I was actually scheduled for surgery with another Dr. when a coworker suggested I get a second opinion from Dr. Rovner. He convinced me that surgery wasn't appropriate in my case and i followed his advice. So glad I did. Seemed to be very knowledgable and possessed the ability to convey that knowledge to me.
RID: 757209
06/01/09 4 4 5 5 I am so grateful for Dr. Rovner who diagnosed my spine disorder when FIVE other doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me! Over a period of 30 days, I went to see the ER doctor, my family doctor, a neurosurgeon, and 2 other doctors--all were stumped as to my horrible back pain. I went to Dr. Rovner who looked closely at my MRI, and quickly noticed the problem. He did a simple discectomy the next day and my pain completely disappeared! Bless you Dr. Rovner!!! You were worth the wait!!
Paid (or co-pay): $148
Respond

17/09/08 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 309407
04/05/07 3 2 5 Last saw doctor in 1995. He was remarkable and after the operation I did fine. But, saw him in 2007 and he talked to me for a good minute, sent me for an MRI -- saw me again for another minute and said I needed surgery. When I said I really didn't want surgery he said: "Well, go home and suffer."
Insurance: Medicare