Rate Dr. Scott Taskey

Dr. Scott Taskey's Ratings

I don't like going to the dentist (really, who does?) however over the last 20 years our experiences with Scott Taskey and his staff make a trip to the dentist that much more palatable (no pun intended). Albeit table stakes, Dr. Taskey is a consummate professional and stickler for details; he's also been accessible after hours which my family really appreciates. But what really sets his practise apart is the feeling of comfort one gets upon arriving at his clinic. His staff really seem to enjoy their jobs, each other and their patients. This is indeed a rare thing, requiring not only the right people, but also sensitive leadership able to balance a variety of needs to facilitate good corporate culture.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Taskey is a wonderful dentist. He identified age old problems and fixed pain that had been for years. He has surrounded himself with exceptional staff who are always warm and friendly. My children look forward to their appointments. If I go and they don't they are upset. Some procedures are not pleasant, but they are handled in the most professional manner and the team gets the patient through in the end. Nothing but rave reviews for this office!!!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

I moved to Edmonton and went to Dr. Taskey as that is where my partner goes. I was impressed. The hygienist and other staff were friendly and efficient and Dr. Taskey was able to tell me some of my dental history from looking at my teeth. He complemented the work of my previous dentists and the orthodontist I had in 1975 because he could see that I had been provided with quality dental care. This was a first and I appreciated hearing such wonderful feedback. I would recommend him to others.

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Taskey for years, on and off. He WAS a pretty good dentist, up til my last visit. I had a root canal done and was prepped for a crown. When the day came to get the crown done, it was not fit properly and he KNEW it by the way he had to struggle to get it on my gum. He was practically swearing out loud as he tried to place it. Pushed and pushed and pushed. He finally managed to get it into place...after a loud CRACK. The crown was damaged in the process, leaving a visible black spot on the surface. He didn't say a word about the cracking noise(I think he hoped I hadn't noticed). I also got a large abcess on the site two days after the crown was attached. The crown is not fit properly-you can see the black band on both sides of the tooth and to this day I have a chronic infection there-and a new dentist has told me the tooth now should really come OUT to get rid of the infection. The root of the tooth may have been broken in the struggle to replace it.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Normally I hate dental visits - even cleanings - but I felt relaxed, informed, and included in my own care. The staff were all very friendly and the entire process, from intake to billing, was handled in an efficient and professional manner. The waiting room is small but has a cozy feel with comfortable seating and plenty to read. The procedure areas are built on an open floor plan with lots of natural light coming through a large window facing the street. It was an enjoyable visit.

Submitted May 8, 2014 | flag

Best dentist experience I have ever had in DECADES... Dr. Taskey is an exceptional dentist with exceptional staff, he shows you what you need done, explains anything necessary or provides information if you have questions, well beyond "drill you and send you packing". Knows how to freeze you just right weather its cleaning and checking and examining you to identify all your mouth issues not just dental work, drilling cavities out with care and expertise, building crowns, readjusting bites. All of the things dentists have done over the years to me, Other dentists have been "yanking at my mouth or pulling to hard, too much pressure, careless placing of bracers or hurting or cutting gums or cheek etc". Not Dr. Taskey, basically hes just not careless, he certainly seems to love being a dentist, it shows. I am not writing this because I need a dentist, I FOUND the dentist i prefer!!

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Scott Taskey has had the good sense to surround himself with excellent hygienists and administrative staff to complement his talents as a dentist. He is a consummate professional, providing dental care of impeccable standards with an engaging manner that is brisk but never brusque.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

I have had a wonderful experience here for 15 years! Dr. Taskey has a great bedside manner and the staff are gems!

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

My daughter had a horrible first experience with a different dentist and was very scarred to go. I took her to Dr Tasky and they made her feel very comfortable and did not do anything she didn't want.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

Absolutely the very best. have referred literally dozens of people to Dr. Taskey and his team over the years. His staff is fantastic, and he always stays on the edge of the newest and best processes and procedures.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2011 | flag