Dr. Brian McNab

You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian McNab

Dr. Brian McNab's Ratings

He's first rate. He's really bright and extremely insightful. He's a great psychotherapist and knows medications inside out (although he doesn't jump to prescribe them.)
I really couldn't recommend him more highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. McNab is exceptionally insightful. He is also warm and kind and concerned and caring while always maintaining a professional stance. He also has a great sense of humour (when appropriate!).
When I hear of some of my friends' experiences in therapy, I am even more grateful that my Family Doctor referred me to Dr. McNab.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

A very fine person and an excellent MD.
Psychotherapy with Dr. McNab has greatly improved the quality of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

It’s New Year’s Eve.
It’s the first New Year that I’ve felt happy to see arrive in a many, many, many years.
I’ve put in a lot of work but I could not have even imagined doing it without Dr. McNab’s extraordinary help and support.
God Bless you Dr. McNab.
Happy New Year to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

My friend from just posted comments. It’s something I should have done a long time ago.
Dr. McNab has been such a tremendous help to me. It’s hard to put into words. I’m just grateful that I’ve had him as my doctor. He’s such a caring person and such an amazing therapist. He’s also as smart as I can imagine anyone being. He really listens and understands. How he remembers everything that he does, I’ll never know! You won’t find a better doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Just on an after-Christmas holiday with friends and found out that a really good friend from Kingston saw Dr. McNab when he practiced there. She still occasionally drives to Ottawa to see him. Neither of us had been aware that we both saw him! We got to talking and she said she’d always wanted to write about him because he’d been so helpful in her life. That made me think I should too.
He’s really, really good. I waited a long time to see him and I’m so very glad I did.
Being in therapy isn’t easy but it’s helped me make some pretty significant changes in my life and I know I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for Dr. McNab. I can’t say enough good things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Hate sounding like Tina Turner but, just having seen him earlier today, can only say:
Simply the best, better than all the rest..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

I am an FP in Ottawa who has referred a number of patients to Dr. McNab. One of them was in yesterday and told me about a very recent posting on your site, regarding Dr. McNab, which my patient found really moving. I have just read it myself. That posting, in a proverbial nutshell, characterizes Brian.

All the patients I have referred to him use nothing but superlatives in describing his care and treatment. I saw him myself, for a number of sessions, about two years ago regarding a situational disturbance. He was, as always, kind, compassionate, objective, caring and incredibly helpful.

I’d, personally, and on behalf of my patients, give him a ten star rating if I could.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I wrote this yesterday on my tablet from Dr. McNab's Waiting Room. It appeared and then disappeared from your site today so I am re-posting it from work:

I was totally unaware of your site until, moment's ago, 'googling' Dr. McNab's name trying to get his phone number to pass along to a very distressed friend (for possible referral).

In short, Dr. McNab, quite literally, saved my life.

I was initially referred to him because of persistent, recurrent depression. I had seen several other doctors but Dr. McNab quite quickly became suspicious that I had Bipolar Disorder, Type 2. Initially, I was not at all 'pleased' with this diagnosis.

Not long after beginning to see him, however, I had my very worst depressive episode ever. He immediately referred for me for hospitalization and, despite the Hospital Psychiatrist not wanting to admit me, I was finally admitted after Dr. McNab insisted I was a "severe suicidal risk". THANK HEAVENS!

A few hours after admission, I attempted to kill myself. I was in the ICU for three days and almost died. Had Dr. McNab not insisted on my admission, I would have done this at home, alone, while my children were at their father's. I would have surely died.

Fast forward: Over three years later, I am on the appropriate medication and I'm getting great therapy. My kids, who would have been motherless, now have a happy, healthy, productive, stable and, I would like to think, very loving mother.

Words can never express my gratitude. Everything that other patients have written about Dr. McNab is true beyond anything I could put into words. "Thank You!" does not even come close...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I am writing this on a tablet from Dr. McNab's Waiting Room.

In short, Dr. McNab, quite literally, saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641238].votes_count ]]