Dr. Brian McNab

Rate Dr. Brian McNab

Dr. Brian McNab's Ratings

Hate sounding like Tina Turner but, just having seen him earlier today, can only say:
Simply the best, better than all the rest..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

I am an FP in Ottawa who has referred a number of patients to Dr. McNab. One of them was in yesterday and told me about a very recent posting on your site, regarding Dr. McNab, which my patient found really moving. I have just read it myself. That posting, in a proverbial nutshell, characterizes Brian.

All the patients I have referred to him use nothing but superlatives in describing his care and treatment. I saw him myself, for a number of sessions, about two years ago regarding a situational disturbance. He was, as always, kind, compassionate, objective, caring and incredibly helpful.

I’d, personally, and on behalf of my patients, give him a ten star rating if I could.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I wrote this yesterday on my tablet from Dr. McNab's Waiting Room. It appeared and then disappeared from your site today so I am re-posting it from work:

I was totally unaware of your site until, moment's ago, 'googling' Dr. McNab's name trying to get his phone number to pass along to a very distressed friend (for possible referral).

In short, Dr. McNab, quite literally, saved my life.

I was initially referred to him because of persistent, recurrent depression. I had seen several other doctors but Dr. McNab quite quickly became suspicious that I had Bipolar Disorder, Type 2. Initially, I was not at all 'pleased' with this diagnosis.

Not long after beginning to see him, however, I had my very worst depressive episode ever. He immediately referred for me for hospitalization and, despite the Hospital Psychiatrist not wanting to admit me, I was finally admitted after Dr. McNab insisted I was a "severe suicidal risk". THANK HEAVENS!

A few hours after admission, I attempted to kill myself. I was in the ICU for three days and almost died. Had Dr. McNab not insisted on my admission, I would have done this at home, alone, while my children were at their father's. I would have surely died.

Fast forward: Over three years later, I am on the appropriate medication and I'm getting great therapy. My kids, who would have been motherless, now have a happy, healthy, productive, stable and, I would like to think, very loving mother.

Words can never express my gratitude. Everything that other patients have written about Dr. McNab is true beyond anything I could put into words. "Thank You!" does not even come close...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I am writing this on a tablet from Dr. McNab's Waiting Room.

In short, Dr. McNab, quite literally, saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Without at doubt, he is the a blessing to the entire medical profession. He is both kind and empathetic and not judgemental in any way. My self esteem and confindence has greatly improved and I've learned to deal with difficult people I come into contact with in a much more postive way. I'd truly be lost without his wisdom and caring approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

I saw Dr McNab for over 8 yrs, when he had a practice in Kingston. He saw me through many trying times in my life. He was very caring, always professional, and very kind. I wish he was still in Kingston, as I could sure benefit from more therapy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. McNab sees a number of physicians as patients and i happen to be one of them (he was recommended to me by a colleague who saw him). Although I'm not that keen on sites like this (as it's too easy to get a group of people together and 'flame' someone), I feel that Dr. McNab does deserve special recognition for his excellent work. He is very personable, extremely knowledgable, extraordinarily insightful and has been extraordinarily helpful to me. I drive a very considerable distance to see him on a regular basis and it has been more than worth my investment of time and effort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. McNab has been a real help to me. He's extremely knowledgeable, professional and empathetic. His insights and comments have been genuinely helpful. He also seems like a 'pretty regular guy' - genuinely interested and concerned and not at all full of himself. He's the best MD I've ever encountered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2010

I don't think that you could find a better doctor out there. Really helpful and full of knowledge. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for Dr. McNab.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2009

In my humble opinion, Dr. McNab is the best psychiatrist that there is. I realize that is just my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138839].votes_count ]]