Dr. Zachary S. Spigelman

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Zachary S. Spigelman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

07/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Zachary" to "Zachary S."
RID: 2612728
09/04/13 5 5 5 5 My father was misdiagnosed from other doctors so I was in a desperate need of finding a good doctor. Dr Spigelman was highly recommended to me and I took my chance to bring my father in. First impressions were great! To start with Suzette (assistant for the appointment) who was very polite and always ready to help me with any questions I had. When we met the doctor he took his time and carefully and thoroughly checked my father, answered every questions we had. The next things were the follow ups, he made us feel like he was a family member with his caring and devotion to always be there when we needed him!! It is a very rare quality in doctors!!! He cares for his patients. I just wish there were more doctors like him to make us feel well taken cared!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!  Respond
RID: 1176082
25/05/10 2 3 5 5 Dr. Spigelman is a great human being and great doctor. Unfortunaly his staff needs alittle work. My dad was diagnosed with Cancer and Dr. Spigelman was there every step of the way. He would always answer my question even call me from time to time to see how he was doing. Unfortuntaly my dad lost his battle with Cancer on 4/23 but again Dr. Spigelman was there still trying to do treatment even when he knew he probably wouldnt work. I will never forget that. Again needs to work on Staff
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1033120
13/11/09 5 4 5 5 The most wonderful physician I've ever known. I cannot say enough about his incredible knowledge and experience as he cared for my mother for years, as if she were his mom. The personalized attention and professional care was unmatched by any doctor in my 55 years. She knew she was in the best hands on earth with "Zach". She travelled a very long way for every appointment, just to keep him as her doctor!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 977968
01/09/09 1 3 4 5 Dr Spigelman is a wonderful caring physician. However he has the worst most disorganized staff I have ever encountered.If I was sick and asked to be seen I was told to go to an ER or make an appt for 2 weeks later. Never got lab and test results.By the way when I did get in to see the doctor he had been handed my chart. He started to ask me questions about my blood disease. When I told him I didnt have a blood disease he then realized it was not my chart but the contents had some of my records mixed in with this persons records. He was very apologetic and very embarressed. Dr Spigelman,when you can get past the staff and total disorganization is great, but I couldnt deal anymore and had to find another PCP, which is a shame because he's such a nice guy and very bright-but unfortunately you also need at least an adequate staff to help facilitate care.I am not a complainer and a very low maint patient. I cannot imagine what would happen if you had a serious medical condition which required close monitoring.
RID: 662712
12/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Spigelman is one of the most thorough doctors I've gone to in a long time. He took the time to carefully explain everything he was doing and made sure to cover all bases.
RID: 322773
18/05/07 4 5 5 Dr. Spigelman is a wonderful M.D. I had the good fortune of having a consultation with him and he was able to resolve an ongoing health issue: now a diagnosis through very thorough blood work. He kept me posted about my blood work, as needed.  Respond
RID: 301361
28/04/07 4 5 5 Zach is a hematology/oncology specialist who also provides primary care. He is an exceptional physician who responds to any and all medical complaints, questions - anything - with incredible knowledge and skill. His bedside manner is exceptional. He is charming, funny, interested and interesting, and very, very thorough. There is never a problem getting in to see him when you need him and he is willing to call you back (at any hour!) if you have a problem. He even called me back and helped me when I had a problem with my mother who isn't even his patient! He is an exceptional physician and human being. More doctors should be like Zach!