Rate Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Ratings for Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Zero confidence in the medical support staff. This includes anesthesiologists, reception, pre op nurses and post op nurses to name a few. I am an animal medical professional and know a lot about medicine and that this hospital is a joke. Please tell me why it took them 8 tries to place a catheter in a 1 year old for surgery? Incompetence. And they never called to inform of the difficulty. I would call this abuse. I was warned by a family member who worked here in the past to stay away from this hospital, unfortunately it was the only hospital covered by his insurance. Switched to Kaiser immediately after. This hospital needs to do a house cleaning and fire the whole lot of the surgery department support staff. It is a sad day when an animal medical professional calls your hospital a joke.
Submitted Aug. 19, 2015 | flag
This Hospital will do all they can to abuse Medical and Medicare funding.
1) They recommend unnecessary procedures to keep the money rolling in.
2) It is impossible to call and talk to your doctor.
3) The communication system sucks and I mean sucks. When they call you they block the Dept. phone number with the general 800 number. They hide the number so if you forgot to say something you cant call back because it rings at the general desk.
4) The doctors do not call your prescription refills because they are over worked so they forget and you have to keep after them this becomes very very frustrating.
5) If you ever need a referral to an outside specialist you might as well shoot yourself in the head because if they refer you they will loose money.
6) The doctors have minimal experience in any given field. It is hands on experience starting with you.
7) They use you to experiment on what medicine they THINK will cure you. If the medication they prescribed did not work for you they will try something else because they don't know.
8) Wait time is questionable in some departments.
9) Inside hacks get your information and make surprise appointments for you they call you 2 hours before the fake appointment time to confirm the appointment.
10) Did you say Pharmacy ? These guys are out in the middle of the ocean when it is time to call and speak to someone. "Tully road Pharmacy"
Submitted Feb. 16, 2015 | flag
Hosptials reflect the community. It's a shame that this hospital sometimes reflects the conservative redneck side more. A phelbotomist who forces her views against same-sex marriage to a male patient with HIV. Community groups that try to punish drug abusers by refusing to provide housing assistance. Wellness and prevention programs that excludes certain community members. The hospital is desperately trying to change all this and it shows. It is still a busy hospital and not as clean as it should be. The one thing that drives this hospital is the expertise from nearby Stanford.
Submitted Dec. 31, 2012 | flag
When you call them to make an appointment wait time is very long especially if you have less free minutes in your phone plane :( Otherwise doctors, nurses and other staff is really nice. I find most of them very helpful. Once or twice I was lost in corridors and even I didn't ask for help their staff realize I need help and they ask me what I am looking for and guide me to right directions, I never seen in other hospital. If one don't have insurance they help you to find resources. I like Santa Clara Valley Medical center very much!
Submitted Dec. 29, 2012 | flag
Top Doctors in San Jose, CA
Find a Doctor by Specialty
#1 of 4538
#3 of 4538
#4 of 4538
#5 of 4538