Miami Valley Hospital

Hospital

Rate Miami Valley Hospital

Ratings for Miami Valley Hospital

Value

It has been a while since we were in Miami Valley Hospital but it was very good then.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2019

Value

If your loved one has cancer, I would NOT recommend you choose this hospital. My mother had stage III cancer and underwent treatment at this hospital; now she is dead. She had to go in for some minor kidney surgery in April 2018. Once home, she got violently ill. Apparently, she had contracted an infection called C-diff from the hospital. Her oncologist then misdiagnosed her illness (though I'm not sure how a 23-year practicing oncologist and hematologist gets that wrong when c-diff has very distinct symptoms. In addition to giving her antibiotics that only worsened her condition, my mother had a scheduled chemo treatment. We looked at each other the morning of her chemo treatment and she said 'no way will the doctor go ahead with my chemo; i'm too weak.' I concurred, but sure enough, her doctor convinced her to undergo chemo. Within 48 hours my mother had difficulty walking and breathing and we took her to the ICU, where she remained for 2 weeks. The doctors there were dismissive and condescending and each spent about 2 minutes with her, each with their own (incorrect) diagnosis. The only reason we were able to determine what her infection actually was was not via a doctor..a woman whose mother had a room across the ICU from us also was a cancer patient who had undergone surgery in April and had contracted an infection called c-diff. We proceeded to ask our doctors about it and then they finally gave my mother the correct antibiotics but it was too late. She never improved and died several weeks later, after sepsis and horrible suffering that no one should ever have to endure. There should be an investigation into the hospital, and I now wish I had gotten the other woman's information, as that could be in our lawsuit. For the sake of your loved ones, do not go here.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2018

Value

MVH is awesome. Big place, big heart. Agree bring an advocate or family member. Easy to get lost. Still the best in the region if you are really sick.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Value

The neurosurgeons were not very nice and I waited almost an hour. Then left without seeing dr.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Value

Stay away from this hospital. The doctors there blackball patients and biases run rampant. Opt for Kettering Medical Center, if possible. If not, when at Miami Valley, always have an advocate... or a witness...

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Value

Some nurses, as in the ICU, we're great. But most of the floor nurses and staff were arrogant, even hateful. Male doctors were arrogant. Not a place for human beings who are suffering.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Value

Excellent care, excellent nurses the surgical unit is top notch!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Value

I would not recommend this hospital to anyone!! Short staffing of nurses and poor hospital attending physicians on staf. Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing. They release patients wayyyy to soon in order to stay in good with the insurance companies!! They are so greedy that they charge a patient $5.00 to park in the emergency room parking lot. I guess they exspect us to pay for all of their remodeling?? I could go on and on but just know that I will never go to that hospital again!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Value

I hate this hospital they caused more damage then anything after what they did to my grandma I will never go back to this hospital for personal care the only time I will go to this hospital is if I am visiting someone i know

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Value

This hospital is excellent for all types of patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014