New York-Presbyterian Hospital

Hospital

Rate New York-Presbyterian Hospital

Ratings for New York-Presbyterian Hospital

Value

Is a good hospital nice people working i love it

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Value

I went in to have mitral vavle surgery and had a bronchospasm. So couldn't do the robotic heart surgery. Then when found out I had a sore throat and wheezing. I was told I shouldn't go under general ansthis like that it's dangerous. So dr t sloane guy told me when I was leaving to cure myself . He can see me in the hospital with heart failure. And he's not doing my surgery. I think he thought he was the only surgeon in nyc. Nasty talking drs in there and don't care about you

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Value

Not what it used to be. Go somewhere else. Very dirty. Very high regarding infection ratings.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Value

New York Presbyterian Hospital in NYC gets five stars from me because they are the reason I am able to enjoy my life again. I am twenty years old, I was involved in a minor car accident when I was 18. I ended up having a herniated/bulging disc leaning on my sciatic nerve in my lower lumbar spine between L4 and L5. At first I wasn't able to walk at all for about 5 months after getting multiple shots in my spine I could finally stand up again but it was only masking the pain temporarily. I was not able to stand up for more than five minutes without it resulting in excruciating pain shooting down my leg . Little things like doing the dishes and taking the shower was almost impossible without a chair. For two years if I left the house it was most likely to go to a doctors appointment. I went through every type of therapy option available. I avoided surgery by all means like most doctors recommend at my age. I was told by two different surgeons that there was no surgery that was going to help me and that I would have to deal with it. I am a strong person and I can take a lot of pain but I couldn't deal with that pain for the rest of my life it would have drove me crazy. Anyway thankfully I was recommended to Dr. Kai-Ming Fu who worked at the New York Presbyterian and took my insurance. He took a look at my MRI and said that he could help me. I will spare you the details but I will say that Dr. Fu is a great doctor. I would recommend him to anyone with a spinal injury because he definitely knows what he is doing. Everyone from the front desk to the nursing staff was very pleasant and comforting. I was there a total of four separate appointments and I can honestly say I did not have any issues or complaints what so ever. It has been seven weeks since my surgery and I am finally standing tall with no time limit and no pain. No more pain, no more sleepless nights of pain, no more doctors, no more shots, and no more limping. Thank you Dr. Kai-Ming Fu and the all of the staff at New York Presbyterian Hospital you rally did give me my life back.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Value

Waiting time and the staff not good at all. Could do a lot better and some doctors seem to just not care

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Value

I can only comment on my own experiences, which have been very good. My urologists are connected with this hospital. I have had three transurethral bladder surgeries—one for the resection of a tumor (malignant but successfully removed) and two for purposes of biopsy (shockingly to my surgeon, both were negative). My anesthesiologist and her staff are first-rate in terms of their compassion, kindness, humor, knowledge and proficiency. I can say the same for pre-op and post-op personnel. I had never been hospitalized before, and I was scared. I truly felt that I was in good hands from my early-morning admission through afternoon discharge.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Value

Many of my doctors are affiliated with New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Some are based in the hospital, while others have their own offices in the neighborhood. This past year, I've had a decent Internal Medicine physician who is a Top Doctor of NY (Castle Connolly); however, she tends to speak very fast and move quickly through an exam. Also, I had a first time appointment with a gynecologist based at the hospital; she seemed proficient but not especially friendly. The excellent thing is that they are able to scan your copies of prior medical records into the hospital database and all your lab results and emails to your doctors are available to view online with a password. Therefore, you can track your health progress over time, since prior tests can be viewed alongside more recent ones. Unfortunately, some NY state health insurance plans such as the Oscar Health Plan for 2016 will exclude this fine teaching hospital, due to higher health insurance reimbursements. The physicians overall are top notch and several are found in the Castle Connolly Top Doctors of NY annual guides and related website.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Value

Doctors don't even look at you. The examination lasts 30 sec max.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Value

The best Hopsital in New York with great physicians.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Value

Last month, I had open heart surgery at NYP Weill Cornell. We couldn't be more pleased with the surgeon, his staff and the excellent members of the ICU and 4th floor step down units. From the nurses to the housekeeping staff members, the care was top notch. Although the facilities may be old, it's the quality of the personnel which counts the most! We were very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015