Hospital For Special Surgery

Hospital

Rate Hospital For Special Surgery

Ratings for Hospital For Special Surgery

Value

After initial consult, I was told I wasn't able to get surgery needed because insurance was not accepted. Should've been advised prior to getting my hopes up.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Value

Outstanding hospital. #1 hospital in my book. I have had 3 surgeries here including 2 total hip replacements. The level of team work and communication among departments and staff in this hospital is exemplary, which gave me a high degree of confidence during my stay. All the staff is first rate - recovery room, nurses, on-call physicians, Xray, etc. and this hospital is as efficient as they come. The entire staff really made an extra effort to help me reach my goal (to get home asap!) and to make things as pleasant as they could be during my hospital stay. Requests - e.g. for extra physical therapy and walks - were accommodated. Nurses and staff are nice and have a very positive attitude. Pre-surgical prep and education are first rate.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Value

hospital does suck. they also left a very large hematoma on my arm. the nursing staff was too overburdened with other patients that what they told me when i made a request they could only check on me about every 2 hours really really bad hospital also some of the staff dont speak english

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Value

Dumped on the sidewalk after two days post surgery. No orderly. Hematoma on arm after poor technique drawing blood. Wrote to Director. No courtesy, no reply. Avoid this hospital. Go to another hospital. Third world Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Value

Good nursing care - nurses did not seem stressed and did a top job with a smile. They watched out for the patients. Doctor was tops too- Dr Mayman.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Value

HSS was like being in a country club atmosphere, clean ,friendly and supurb nurses and doctors.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Value

I HAD A HIP REPLACEMENT AT HSS IN NY IN JANUARY, 2016 BY DR. THOMAS SCULCO. THERE IS DEFINITELY A SHORTAGE OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS AND NURSES. I NEEDED SOMEONE TO TAKE ME TO THE BATHROOM BUT EVERYONE WAS TOO BUSY SO I WET MY PANTS. THE NURSE CALL BUTTON AND PHONE HAD BEEN DROPPED ON THE FLOOR AND THE WIRES CAME OUT OF BOTH SO THE CALL BUTTON AND PHONE WAS NOT SORKING. NO ONE CHECKED ON ME , SO NO ONE KNEW. WHAT IF I HAD A REAL MEDICAL CRISIS, AND THERE WAS NO WAY OF CALLING A NURSE. ALSO, I WANTED MY BED TO BE CLOSE TO THE BATHROOM BUT INSTEAD THEY GAVE ME A BED CLOSE TO THE WINDOW. GETTING IN AND OUT OF BED WAS A REAL INCONVENIENCE, I COULDN'T WAIT TO BE DISCHARGED AND GET HOME. ONCE I COMPLAINED , EVERYTHING WAS GOOD. FROM THAT POINT ON, THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT, ANNETTE, WAS THE BEST. I REALLY GREW TO LIKE HER. THE DISCHARGE NURSE, MARY MURPHY, WAS A LITTLE SLOW IN LETTING ME KNOW THAT I WAS BEING DISCHARGED THAT SATURDAY, TWO DAYS AFTER SURGERY. SHE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME IN THE MORNING, SO I COULD MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO BE PICKED UP. IT'S EASY TO FALL THROUGH THE CRACKS, THE PATIENT HAS TO BE AWARE AND PAY ATTENTION. DON'T TOTALLY DEPEND ON HSS TO COVER YOUR BUTT.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Value

had knee replacement surgery and my daughter had foot surgery. Great with pain management for my knee. Drs. and nurses were great. I had great care.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Value

As a nurse for 41 years I was so impressed with the care and kindness through out every dept. professional pleasant and kind.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Value

The WORST nursing staff... They are lazy and only come around when it is time to hand out medicine... I would NEVER recommend this hospital

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016