Umc. Hospital

Hospital

Rate Umc. Hospital

Ratings for Umc. Hospital

Value

I went here for aFib, and they used electric shock paddles to get it under control. More than one of the team said they'd do an echocardiogram to see if there is anything physically wrong with my heart and they kept me overnight for observation. They discharged me the next day saying to get an echocardiogram within a week, and see my GP within 2 weeks. What a joke. Line there is a cardiologist on the planet that you can get an appointment with within a week. More like a month, and in the meantime, I'm wandering around wondering if my heart is a ticking bomb. And thus is a teaching hospital! I feel like most of the doctors there just treat you by the numbers and don't give any real weight to what you tell them, or the particulars of your specific condition. Although, to be fair, that's probably the case with most of the doctors in this country. Both at UMC and my primary medical center this week, I've heard the phrase, "We have to go on record saying we've recommended these things." Everyone is just trying to cover themselves in case of malpractice issues. It's one of the reasons we no longer have the best healthcare in the world. But there was absolutely no reason in the world why they shouldn't have given me an echocardiogram, and every reason why they should have, after a life-threatening heart issue. It's like they just throw you back out into the world and don't really care if you live or die. Hope I never have to go there again.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

Value

Been here forever, get called to the back just to watch nurses have vulgar conversations.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Value

Avoid this place. I was there and they made me leave and I almost died had ST ROSE not taken me in. The GI Doctor wanted to get on with his Holiday so he made me eat WITH AN OBSTRUCTION!!! Then he discharged me. I had a friend take me to ST ROSE and I was in A LOT of pain. They took me in right away at the ER at ST ROSE and the ER Doctor was shocked by the actions of the GI Doctor and this Hole they call a hospital!! STAY AWAY FROM UMC HOSPITAL.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Value

poor communication and overall bad service with failure to complete requests

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Value

since ive been born and raised in las vegas nevada ive terendasely seen this city grow and umc is one of them service and staff member also has gotten much much better over the year yeah for umc i give them a plus plus plus all around

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Doctors at Umc. Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.