UNM

Hospital

Rate UNM

Ratings for UNM

Value

My family has received superior care at UNMH. Staff are caring and professional, Doctors are highly skilled and nurses have such admirable compassion.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Value

It’s a crapshoot. Some excellent providers. Filthy dirty. Care given with an edge of hostility. Nurses are burnt out and forgot why they went into the profession. Some may have just gone in for the money.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Value

My husband was urinating blood and we went into the emergency room for a CT Scan. We were in the emergency room for 9 hours, they had temporarily lost my husbands records. The CT Scan showed a spot on the bladder. We tried to make an appointment for a cystoscopy, but each time we got close to the date it was canceled due to the physician not being available. This went on from about March to November. Finally, I called and insisted that he be seen. His cystoscopy was performed while I was in the room. They found 3 tumors, and when I asked the doctor if they were cancerous the doctor said, "Oh yeah, they are cancerous". I asked how did they know? The doctor replied, "oh we've seen this 10,000 time before". They didn't do a biopsy, they told us he had prostate cancer too. The cavalier attitude they had with us , in addition to not doing a biopsy prompted us to go for a second opinion, and thank God we did. I don't recommend this hospital's emergency room nor urology department.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Value

Die in ER while monitor texts tell stories and jokes, not doing there job.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Value

My daughter was in a car accident. Her father is an MRI tech and as a kindness, the office he works in performed an MRI and the radiologist read it. (She bumped her head on the side window) The office called and said she had a brain bleed, get her to emergency. When we arrived, I explained it was a brain bleed, and had films and report. We waited 14 HOURS in emergency. The room cleared out twice, while we waited. I expressed my concern. They said they were waiting on a special exam room. Finally called her back and took an MRI ( not sure that's what they did. Never saw films or report. ) They told us to sit back in the waiting room the doctor would be with us shortly. We sat there for three more hours. We finally left and went to a neurologist's office. They knew it was a brain bleed that could be life threatening and they refused service. All the while she had a mingraine, and again they showed no concern for her level of pain. We paid ( got a bill) for what very little they did for her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Value

Been with UNM hospital for 15 years. NO complaints just complements from clinic to hospitals.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Value

Poor quality medical care, if you need to have a problem area examined make sure you get examined before any mention of pain medication, once pain medication is mentioned, the doctor wouldn't even examine me after saying he would. Poor medical care due to UNM witch hunt on opiate patients.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Value

Hit and miss some physicians are top notch others should have chosen another field. A lot of the staff needs to retire they are bitter and angry . If at all possible go somewhere else

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Value

The first time I had appointment here the doctor was 40 minutes late. The second time the doctor did not even show up for my appointment and the reception try to tell me I canceled the appointment. What is this a hospital or a tanning bed.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Value

I took my husband in on 1/11/2014 for abdominal pain. Extreme pain at a 10+. We sadly waited for four hours before he was given anything for his pain! He was on the floor moaning. Reception was horrible. My husband has a high pain tolerance and has ripped a calf muscle while skiing and still insisted on taking me to dinner. He broke his toe once and didn't mention it for a week. He is a strong man. The staff at the front couldn't have cared less. Once he finally got in all was well, nurse was very helpful, doc was young and caring and explained things well, he will be very good with more practice. Fyi when your hitting your fifties spicy food, dark beer and chocolate can make you feel like your dying or just want too. Acid Reflux. Worst pain of his life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

everyone was great- the staff and the doctor. He really took his time to listen and help me