Ochsner Foundation Hospital

Hospital

Rate Ochsner Foundation Hospital

Ratings for Ochsner Foundation Hospital

Value

What a joke. Went to Ochsner on Jefferson Highway Saturday morning was told by the attending physician, if he was actually a physician, that I needed an MRI but the MRI machine is down on the weekends; therefore, I would have have to call Monday and make an appointment to come in and be seen. Now let's remember I can't walk because I have no balance and I'm falling down. So go home and give us a call and we'll make you an appointment to find out what's wrong. Once you get an appointment, which was one month out, with a neurologist you don't get to see a neurologist you get to see a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner because a neurologist doesn't see you. You're not important enough to be seen by a neurologist. I finally went to University Hospital got an MRI and a neurologist found out what was wrong with me and goodbye Ochsner. Ochsner has become a joke. They have become too big to care about a person you're nothing but a dollar sign. Caring for a patient is somebody else's responsibility all they want to know is your social security number and your insurance number your name doesn't matter. You're not a person you're nothing but a dollar sign.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Value

Got billed multiple times for the same procedure and then got sent to collections when I said that I wasn't paying!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Value

No emergency service here. You can't get appointments for months. Urgent care is across town. They sent me to ER. The ER nurse was angry that a sick, elderly, person couldn't move fast enough. He spoke to me like a naughty child so I left. I have informed both the Urgent Care Dr. and the hospital, no response. I came home to die with dignity.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Value

Closed, $ driven medical system, over-referral to specialists within their system, rude physicians who misdiagnose.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Value

Had the best experience with this hospital mainly because Dr Vargus saved my husband from cancer surgery which he did not have! Dr in Mobile , Al said my husband had colorectal cancer! I do not know if Dr from Mobile is just a quack or if Mobile Infirmary just wants to make money! They have had a slap on the wrist for insurance kickbacks so it kind of makes you wonder if he knew my husband did or did not have cancer! I highly recommend Ochsner! Everyone was so friendly and courteous!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Value

The staff is good. The facilities could definitely be cleaner. Costly hospital to go to as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Value

used to be good. Now its a business more concerned about profit than quality care. patients are stressed when ill, but now the drs. and nurses are stressed out more than the patients.You feel like you're bothering them. The cleanliness is bad.My room reeked of urine. As for value, they bill you over & over for things that were paid then put you in collection.Its not worth the money are stress.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012