Lakewood Medical Center

Lakewood Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Lakewood Medical Center

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Lakewood Medical Center

Value

This hospital has always been known as "Deadwood" (a pun on the old name of Lakewood) and has been through dozens of new management companies. Unfortunately the hospital is still a disaster, and only poor people who can't go anywhere else have to go here. Anyone with insurance or a car goes to the better hospitals in Thibidaux, Houma, or New Iberia. It's a shame, but why risk getting seriously injured at Teche by their staff when you can go to a real hospital. Stay away from this joke of a hospital if you care about your health or your family

Submitted Nov. 9, 2015 | flag

Value

OMG! this place is a dump!! We were in the area for a festival this past weekend (Shrimp & Petroliem) and we've never seen a "hospital" like this one. They need to get in the 21st century. I felt like I was in Cuba, or back in the 1970's in the US. Not only were they inconsiderate, but they were understaffed, had no idea about modern medicine, and missed my diagnosis. We ended up in another local hospital 30 minutes away that had to fix us up after this place. They should have their license pulled this place can't be for real!!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2015 | flag

Value

This hospital was previously called 'DeadWood' when it was Lakewood hospital when I was growing up and it's gotten even worse. Niw if you go there they have lots of foreign doctors who couldn't get a job elsewhere and you get out if any surgery with an infection. A freind who used to work there showed me a picture of a bug crawling around in the operating room during a surgery! She had to quit because she could deal with the ineptitude and corner-cutting. It's really unfortunate since we really need a good hospital here, but basically if you want good local care you go to the Urgent Care here and if you need real hospital stuff like surgery or a heart attack you drive to Houma or Thibodaux. If you ever even go to this hospital with a serious problem you get shipped out (if they even recognize it's a serious problem) or you get substandard care and a HUGE bill. Teche is just another DeadWood but even worse. I really wish they would open up another hospital around here so people with insurance can have a good place to go.

Submitted May 6, 2015 | flag